Sunset Suite on Constellation

Kj9395

I recently booked my first Celebrity cruise on the Constellation. My adult children are interested in perhaps joining us, and when looking at available cabins, I noticed a difference from when I booked.  The cruise is after the “revolution” and is now showing an additional suite category; Sunset Suite.  It’s showing sold out on my sailing, but I am curious if anyone knows where the location would be, and what type of suite it is.  

Interesting.  I wonder if they're going to move the FV cabins into the Suite Class?  Those cabins seem primed for it.  Hard to tell though - if you look at the deck plans post 2020 after they've been revolutionized, they still show as FV and there aren't any cabins (yet) listed as sunset suites. 

I've spoken about this to a number of people at celebrity (including Jamie Petts the HD on Silly) and as far as Silhouette is concerned the four sunset suites will be put in the footprint of the four forward family verandas 8107, 8108, 7107 and 7108. This seems fairly certain the only uncertainty is at what level they will be sold. 

As to Connie and Infinity there are twelve FVs but they don't have the same footprint but the six with extended balconies seem possible

• Like 1

1 hour ago, groryjm said:

I've spoken about this to a number of people at celebrity (including Jamie Petts the HD on Silly) and as far as Silhouette is concerned the four sunset suites will be put in the footprint of the four forward family verandas 8107, 8108, 7107 and 7108. This seems fairly certain the only uncertainty is at what level they will be sold. 

As to Connie and Infinity there are twelve FVs but they don't have the same footprint but the six with extended balconies seem possible

I would agree...

Celebrity has never provided suite accommodation particularly suitable for families. I assume they are hoping to entice families to part with more cash for the same room but with suite perks added. 

A pity for those families who were happy with the space and don’t particularly want to pay extra for suite perks...

5 hours ago, groryjm said:

Strange they would call them Sunset Suites on the Silhouette if they are forward.   

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2019 at 4:36 AM, chemmo said:

I would agree...

Celebrity has never provided suite accommodation particularly suitable for families. I assume they are hoping to entice families to part with more cash for the same room but with suite perks added. 

A pity for those families who were happy with the space and don’t particularly want to pay extra for suite perks...

So we have 9156 - corner FV - booked on Connie for July (post revolution).  I have had a corner FV before and it's availability was one of the reasons I switched to this cruise from another (and I liked the itinerary better).

Was just looking at my reservation online and it has this listed as "Family Ocean View" (no mention of balcony) AND the picture was of a ocean view room.  While I didn't panic (never trust the website) - it did occur to me that it was possible that the deck plans were changing with the revolution - and I didn't book the cabin I thought I did......

So I went and checked the main website (another font of truth) and looked at the post revolution deckplan.  9156 still shows in the picture as a corner FV with the huge balcony - but when I searched by stateroom for 9156, it pops up with a picture and title "Sunset Suite".  Googling for sunset suite brought me to this thread.

My invoice has it listed as FV-9156 Familiy Ocean View Strm Veranda

3 different descriptions of the same room.  While these rooms are more like suites than the M class sky suites - agree it would be a shame if at some point these were no longer considered FV and became suites.

For now - I'll just enjoy my "suite without suite benefits" while I can.

Mike

mandream:  I wonder the same thing.  I spoke with Captains Club this afternoon and they say that the FV category will be converted to the Sunset Suites during the revolution drydock in MAY2020.  They also stated that if someone is in the FV and it converts to Sunset Suite prior to their sailing Celebrity would honor the reservation with all suite perks provided.

Interesting part is the Constellation sailings still show FV on sailings after the MAY2020 revolution drydock until sometime around March/April of 2021 and then the SN shows and FV category is no longer listed - very odd to me.

I can't imagine they would not do that major of a cabin renovation/redesign during the revolution drydock.  Doing it after seems like it would be a logistical nightmare.

Would love to get a more definitive answer so I can decide if I want to keep my FV for NOV2020 and hope it becomes an SN prior to sailing for change to another category or sail date. 😁

On 1/24/2020 at 10:39 PM, FrankLasVegas said:

mandream:  I wonder the same thing.  I spoke with Captains Club this afternoon and they say that the FV category will be converted to the Sunset Suites during the revolution drydock in MAY2020.  They also stated that if someone is in the FV and it converts to Sunset Suite prior to their sailing Celebrity would honor the reservation with all suite perks provided.

Interesting part is the Constellation sailings still show FV on sailings after the MAY2020 revolution drydock until sometime around March/April of 2021 and then the SN shows and FV category is no longer listed - very odd to me.

I can't imagine they would not do that major of a cabin renovation/redesign during the revolution drydock.  Doing it after seems like it would be a logistical nightmare.

Would love to get a more definitive answer so I can decide if I want to keep my FV for NOV2020 and hope it becomes an SN prior to sailing for change to another category or sail date. 😁

That is interesting.  It would be great if they honor the reservation and provide suite perks.   My fear is that they will "upgrade" me to a C3 and then resell the FV cabin as a suite.  Celebrity would probably consider this a win win - but would be a huge downgrade for us.  

I  may call and see if they tell me the same thing.

Are you on a guarantee FV?  If not they can't "upgrade" you without your consent.

They would have to offer at least Aqua since that is the same pricing as the FV at the moment and some OBC in addition inb my opinion.

Let us know what you find out - I didn't even try with general reservations - called Captain's Club.

So I just go off the phone with CC.  I was on hold for about 10-15 minutes while the woman checked.  She was very nice - but came back and said they just don't know what is going to happen yet (maybe that is just the people who are around on Sunday night) and offered to contact the ship to ask and call me back.  For some reason, that made me feel a bit uneasy - and I told her not to worry about it and I would follow up when the cruise was closer (we sail in July).

We do have a specific cabin reserved - not a guarantee.  They can upgrade you without consent - while not often there have been reports of it on these boards for years - back when the upgrade fairy existed.  The common advice when booking a FV used to be to ask to have your reservation marked "no upgrade".  Now with bidding for upgrades - it seemed unnecessary to add that to the reservation when I made it.

The thing going in my favor is that we are traveling with my young sons so there are 4 of us in the cabin.  Aqua class only allows 2 per cabin and Concierge Class on M class ships only allow 3 per cabin (crazy since they are larger than veranda cabins which allow 4).  So, they would have to downgrade us (unlikely), upgrade us to a sky suite (if they allow 4 in sky suites on M class - something makes me think no), or keep us where we are at.

I really doubt they would force us to downgrade - so we will most likely get to stay where we are.  I would love the suite benefits if we get them - but bottom line, I really just want that cabin.

While my wife and I used to love M class (and had an FV for the two of us) we've done mostly S class and the Edge recently with the kids.  I forgot how limited you were in selection with 4 on M class.

Mike

I had called originally during the week and mid-day and felt the Captain's Club rep was believable in her answers.

I called back yesterday (Saturday) and the rep had never heard of a Sunset Suite, and wanted to transfer me to resolutions - I was put on hold but just hung up.

I can't fathom they wouldn't do the FV renovations to the Sunset Suites during the revolution drydock.  Also can't image putting people in the new category and then saying "oh sorry - no suite perks for you" (The Retreat, Luminae, Butler) - I already have all 4 perks on my booking.

Also, the Celebrity site under the Sunset Suites says they will be available on 3 ships in 2020 but booking engines show no Sunset Suites through the end of 2020 and 1st quarter of 2021.  Makes no sense.

I'll let you know if I come across any more information.

I believe the FV cabins on Summit and Millennium are still FV since their refurb.

Here is a link to an extensive review of a FV post refurb.

I have attached pictures of 9156 balcony on Infinity taken in 2013.

2143047A-D89E-438D-9351-96557505DC33.jpeg

5B3C0C1F-BE55-4B88-B0AB-8EA9A9E24F4E.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk

9 hours ago, mandream said:

....I really doubt they would force us to downgrade - so we will most likely get to stay where we are.  I would love the suite benefits if we get them - but bottom line, I really just want that cabin.

if you look at the renditions on this thread....

..There will be a sofa in  the living half that may well sleep two

This is a dummy booking on Infinity in a sunset suite for 4

ss4.thumb.jpg.33d0bae66afd991dd36f74b8ac4fd4e5.jpg

15 hours ago, mandream said:

That is interesting.  It would be great if they honor the reservation and provide suite perks.   My fear is that they will "upgrade" me to a C3 and then resell the FV cabin as a suite.  Celebrity would probably consider this a win win - but would be a huge downgrade for us.  

I  may call and see if they tell me the same thing.

This is a bit perplexing as the ship gets Revolutionized in May 2020 but the first sailing showing Sunset Suite is the availability is April 19, 2021 TA.   I suspect what happened is that this was a late revenue boosting brain child hatched at corporate long after the 2020/2021 Caribbean season opened and were selling these rooms as FV.

I suspect the rooms will be renovated as a Sunset Suite during the May 2020 renovations and FV bookings will be honored without suite perks.

When the 2021 Europe season opened for bookings they reclassify these cabins as Sunset Suites with the suite perks and sell them for 5x what they had been selling for.

It is a bit surprising that they would honor the prior FV  bookings as they have routinely moved people when reclassifying staterooms before, including on Constellation after the refit due to stateroom capacity changes.  FV does get a bit more complicated as they have no other location to accommodate 5 people to a room other than 2 connecting rooms but could clearly reap more revenue by doing this and selling the rooms as Sunset Suites. 

If I were being asked to give up one of these rooms due to reclassification I'd be asking for at least a sky suite based on the square footage of the room I booked.

I believe the they have way overpriced these new Suites.   Remember the bathroom is not going to be anything like a bath you would have on an upper level suite.

Of course all of this is just my opinion of what's going on.

Edited by wrk2cruise

On 1/27/2020 at 9:26 AM, wrk2cruise said:

This is a bit perplexing as the ship gets Revolutionized in May 2020 but the first sailing showing Sunset Suite is the availability is April 19, 2021 TA.   I suspect what happened is that this was a late revenue boosting brain child hatched at corporate long after the 2020/2021 Caribbean season opened and were selling these rooms as FV.

I suspect the rooms will be renovated as a Sunset Suite during the May 2020 renovations and FV bookings will be honored without suite perks.

When the 2021 Europe season opened for bookings they reclassify these cabins as Sunset Suites with the suite perks and sell them for 5x what they had been selling for.

It is a bit surprising that they would honor the prior FV  bookings as they have routinely moved people when reclassifying staterooms before, including on Constellation after the refit due to stateroom capacity changes.  FV does get a bit more complicated as they have no other location to accommodate 5 people to a room other than 2 connecting rooms but could clearly reap more revenue by doing this and selling the rooms as Sunset Suites. 

If I were being asked to give up one of these rooms due to reclassification I'd be asking for at least a sky suite based on the square footage of the room I booked.

I believe the they have way overpriced these new Suites.   Remember the bathroom is not going to be anything like a bath you would have on an upper level suite.

Of course all of this is just my opinion of what's going on.

Over priced indeed.  On our sailing from Hawaii in 2022 it is $1500 pp more than a CS and there are no additional perks?  So what that it is 76 sq feet larger - not interested at $3000.  Good lord.  I assume that the bathroom will be accessible through what looks like a walk in closet which is where the 2nd bedroom with the bunks was.  No convenient at all.  

An interesting thread.  Just been looking at Sunset Suite for M Class Constellation.  We have a FV corner aft cabin booked in Oct 2020 post refit.  Excited as will have been converted to a Sunset Suite but will not have all the Suite Class benefits (so say Celebrity).  However what I am stunned by is the price of these suites in 2021.  On M Class the cabins are not as large as on S Class but do have massive balconies (especially the 6 corner ones).  However their layout and bathroom size is far inferior to Celebrity Suite so how can Celebrity justify the following price scale?

7BF396C4-9A1A-4348-996A-6671728C156C.png

• 3 weeks later...

I had a FV booked on silhouette for this October, 5 people. After a few phone calls and emails asking celebrity to confirm whether the booking was still being honoured. I had a response today acknowledging that these cabins no longer exist. We were offered two concierge balcony cabins at the aft (not interconnecting) or two lower grade interconnecting. They argued no refund but said our original cabin 8108 was no longer available. I have offered to drop one of our passengers if they can keep us in the same room. We are waiting to hear. Fairly annoyed that I had to chase them to resolve this and that there was no compensation or offer of a refund.

52 minutes ago, caranc said:

I had a FV booked on silhouette for this October, 5 people. After a few phone calls and emails asking celebrity to confirm whether the booking was still being honoured. I had a response today acknowledging that these cabins no longer exist. We were offered two concierge balcony cabins at the aft (not interconnecting) or two lower grade interconnecting. They argued no refund but said our original cabin 8108 was no longer available. I have offered to drop one of our passengers if they can keep us in the same room. We are waiting to hear. Fairly annoyed that I had to chase them to resolve this and that there was no compensation or offer of a refund.

I am guessing that the issue is that you have booked 5 passengers.  The second bedroom with the two bunk beds in the FV floor plan has been converted into a walk-in closet for the master bed room in the new Sunset Suites.  With that, the cabin is no longer furnished to sleep 5 although 8108 certainly has a large amount of floor space to sleep 5.

The adjacent outside cabin (8106) connects to 8108.  If it is available, you could book that to handle your entire family.  Same thing for the adjacent balcony cabin, 8110.  It is not technically a connecting cabin but its balcony can be made to connect with 8108 by opening up the partition.

I hope things get resolved in your favor.  Good luck.

Edited by mahdnc