Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Tee & Chilli

Ask and receive Savory Bites 😀

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

Not sure what you are trying to convey or say.

The  savory bites seem to be a request only item  - poster obviously got a lot of them which is unusual. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Small extremely hard rolls covered with poppy seeds that get stuck in your teeth. But they taste oooh so good. 

 

Image result for royal caribbean savory bites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I asked on our last cruise and they brought a plate of them every night!  I had to tell them I couldn’t eat that many!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never got why savory bites were such a big deal.  They're nothing special and I really don't care for them, but some people lose their minds over them.   I remember when they were served every night and when they went away, omg some people were so offended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, PCWalton1 said:

Small extremely hard rolls covered with poppy seeds that get stuck in your teeth. But they taste oooh so good. 

 

Image result for royal caribbean savory bites


that’s crazy. Just a hard dinner roll with poppy seeds.      
Ok.  I’ll bite.   I’ll have to make sure and order some in 52 days.  
I love a good bread and I seen the bakery station in the buffet. Mmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

C45463B0-0FE3-4B07-9403-15808115460A.jpeg

I thought it looked like a plate of burnt roasted potatoes. Oops! 😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tamom said:

I asked on our last cruise and they brought a plate of them every night!  I had to tell them I couldn’t eat that many!

Same for us! I requested them on the first night and the waiter said it was unlikely he could get some. Then, he brought some out on night 3!  I was so excited!!  My reaction must have made him happy because he brought plate fulls every night after that!!  I love Savory Bites but by the end of the week (night 4, really) I had eaten my fill!  I may not request again next June! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mikenbon said:

I thought it looked like a plate of burnt roasted potatoes. Oops! 😳

Me too with the biggest infestation of cockroach poo .🙄 double Oops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

After reading good reviews, I decided to give them a try. Our table agreed they are just ok, nothing spectacular.

Same. Heard about them here so asked about them on first night on Symphony. Our waiter checked and they didn't have them made but would bring them out next night. Like you, we found them ok, but nothing to write home about.  She brought them to us every night after that and we felt obligated to eat them (but we appreciated the gesture).

Edited by LuCruise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were on Adventure last year and one of the women at our table asked for them on the first night. The waiter brought out a plate that night and every night after that. I think they taste okay but not any better than some of the other bread choices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife loves them!  She'd be in hog heaven with a plate that full. Me?  Give me a sourdough roll any day and let me soak up the garlic butter from the Escargot!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BND said:

I never got why savory bites were such a big deal.  They're nothing special and I really don't care for them, but some people lose their minds over them.   I remember when they were served every night and when they went away, omg some people were so offended.

That's the way I feel about the roast beef sandwiches everyone goes nuts over.  What"s the big deal?  Not that great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BND said:

 I remember when they were served every night and when they went away, omg some people were so offended.

 

Honey stung chicken, anyone?  At the end of its run It was nothing but a processed frozen pattie from Tyson made out of chicken parts lol.   It was "ok" if you could get it fast after it was put out but certainly not worth the hype it received here IMHO.   

 

I feel the same way about Carnivals Melting Chocolate Cake that people make such a big deal about.  Its horrible.

 

I actually liked savory bites though but Im on keto so I havent bread of any kind since February.

Edited by ryano

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tinkertwo said:

That's the way I feel about the roast beef sandwiches everyone goes nuts over.  What"s the big deal?  Not that great.

 

I have not had the chance to try famous roast beef sammich yet.  It must not be in my cards to go on a Oasis class ship.

 

Wonder if they are served on Ovation? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ryano said:

I have not had the chance to try famous roast beef sammich yet.  It must not be in my cards to go on a Oasis class ship.

 

Wonder if they are served on Ovation? 

 

They were in Cafe 270 on Anthem, so probably there on Ovation as well.  I don't get the hype really either, but I do the keto thing so any time there's meat, it's usually a positive thing for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AshleyDillo said:

 

They were in Cafe 270 on Anthem, so probably there on Ovation as well.  I don't get the hype really either, but I do the keto thing so any time there's meat, it's usually a positive thing for me.

 

Im keto too so I will be chunking the bun lol.   I like roast beef and Im ok if its rare  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ryano said:

 

Honey stung chicken, anyone?  At the end of its run It was nothing but a processed frozen pattie from Tyson made out of chicken parts lol.   It was "ok" if you could get it fast after it was put out but certainly not worth the hype it received here IMHO.   

 

I feel the same way about Carnivals Melting Chocolate Cake that people make such a big deal about.  Its horrible.

 

I actually liked savory bites though but Im on keto so I havent bread of any kind since February.


See OMG these are soooooooo good to me.    
 

And now what’s this roast beef thing ????   I like roast beef.  Lolol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...