Royal Tea

tjcletzgo

18 minutes ago, tjcletzgo said:

We want to sign up for the special afternoon tea in the piazza.  Can you tell me exactly where we sign up, we want to do this when we board.

Thanks🛳🛳

International Cafe. It's not offered every day. Usually only sea days. There's not a huge rush to sign up, don't sweat it. There will be a sign up sheet near the staircase by the IC on the day before and morning I it being offered. . $10/20 with or withiit glad of champagne.

27 minutes ago, LAHAPPY13420 said:

What’s the difference from the free one and what’s the difference from the other two?

Probably nothing other than people feeling happier by paying extra for what was included previously. 😉

17 hours ago, LAHAPPY13420 said:

What’s the difference from the free one and what’s the difference from the other two?

It is a more formal tea in a nicer setting than in a dining room.  I did not attend a "regular" tea on Royal Princess, so cannot compare the two.  But, my Royal Tea offered different teas for each of the "courses" with the gentleman in charge describing the teas and the items being served.  Appropriate live music was provided in the background.  I finally found the correct place to make a reservation:  the Vines.  The Manager of that Lounge was the Manager of the Royal Tea.  (I did not make a reservation on Embarkation Day, but I do recall seeing a sign-up sheet for such at an advertisement display for the Royal Tea in the Atrium on that day.  

I'm glad that I could attend.  It was a very pleasant event.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's really nice. I did it 2 years ago on the Regal and would do it again. $10 or $20 with a glass of champagne. ( I would skip the champagne) They have a tea sommelier tell you about all the teas you are drinking--there is 1 for each of the 3 "courses". One was a chocolate/orange tea that I would NEVER have chosen. But since I was "forced" to drink it, I did. It's one of the best teas I ever had! I bought a tin of it to take home and went through it way too fast. When I tried to get it again they said no. Apparently you can't buy their loose tea anymore. (I tried on the Royal twice, but  haven't been back on the Regal since) The sandwiches seem a little more upscale than in the MDR, scones and pastries seem the same. You also get a bowl of berries which I poured cream over--very yummy! Finally, we had what I think is baked Alaska???  It's held in the piazza and there's a string quartet or something like it playing in the background. I have attached photos, hope I did it right!

P1040140.JPG

P1040141.JPG

P1040144.JPG

P1040145.JPG

29 minutes ago, Bollycats said:

It's really nice. I did it 2 years ago on the Regal and would do it again. $10 or $20 with a glass of champagne. ( I would skip the champagne) They have a tea sommelier tell you about all the teas you are drinking--there is 1 for each of the 3 "courses". One was a chocolate/orange tea that I would NEVER have chosen. But since I was "forced" to drink it, I did. It's one of the best teas I ever had! I bought a tin of it to take home and went through it way too fast. When I tried to get it again they said no. Apparently you can't buy their loose tea anymore. (I tried on the Royal twice, but  haven't been back on the Regal since) The sandwiches seem a little more upscale than in the MDR, scones and pastries seem the same. You also get a bowl of berries which I poured cream over--very yummy! Finally, we had what I think is baked Alaska???  It's held in the piazza and there's a string quartet or something like it playing in the background. I have attached photos, hope I did it right!

P1040140.JPG

P1040141.JPG

P1040144.JPG

P1040145.JPG

Thank you for responding!  I am assuming you are referencing the afternoon tea that you pay extra for.  Do they still do an afternoon tea that doesn't cost extra?

Yes. At least on the Regal last February.  We went on one of the sea days. They might of also had it on port days.  It was held in the MDR around mid afternoon.  It was listed in the patters.  It was nice but not as elegant as the Royal tea you pay for, which is really over the top.  In my opinion the $10 for the Royal tea is well worth it one time.

• Thanks 1