Price of a domestic beer

KruisingKaren

1 hour ago, KruisingKaren said:

Trying to figure out if one of the beverage packages would be beneficial to me.  Can someone who has recently cruised with Holland America tell me how much a single beer is if ordered at a bar?  

You can get a second beer during Happy Hour for only $2.  Repeat a few times each Happy Hour and you can keep your minibar stocked.  You can also request a bucket with ice to carry them back to your stateroom.

Edited by Crew News

On 12/6/2019 at 2:53 PM, sevenseasnomad said:

The bucket is a nice deal.  You can take any beers you don't consume back to your cabin and place in your cooler.  I say "cooler" because the ships' cabins with the mini refrigerators will keep drinks cool, not icy cold.  

Just  take the cool beers to any bar and swap them for cold ones, or get fresh ice in your bucket. I do it all the time.

With the pre-cruise purchase price of the Signature Beverage Package at $51.70 per day and a $8.63 total price for a Bud Light, you can have 6 of them, and number 7 to 15 will be free.   As we know, when you are thirsty, the first 2 go down real fast.   With the SBP, the 15% service charge is already paid, so you don't have to worry about it.  

On 12/5/2019 at 10:09 PM, I like vacation said:

Is this list for the whole fleet?  That would be disappointing selection!  I had Lagunitas IPA and Anchor Steam on the Maasdam in August.  The loss of Grolsch was bad enough.  This list would be depressing.

Edited by SetAnOpenCourse

16 minutes ago, SetAnOpenCourse said:

Is this list for the whole fleet?  That would be disappointing selection!  I had Lagunitas IPA and Anchor Steam on the Maasdam in August.  The loss of Grolsch was bad enough.  This list would be depressing.

For the entire fleet but some regional/local beers are added periodically.

On 12/5/2019 at 8:29 PM, Crew News said:

You can get a second beer during Happy Hour for only $2.  Repeat a few times each Happy Hour and you can keep your minibar stocked.  You can also request a bucket with ice to carry them back to your stateroom.

Best. Advice. Ever. Ship/staff will vary (but most will be happy to charge you for 3 and the next 3 for $6.00 at the same time)

Also confirming they will give you an ice bucket on request for room consumption or in the bar you order. Wish we had learned this a few years ago. Would have saved a bundle 🙂