current onboard booking bonus?

cruizefam

Can anyone onboard currently let me know what the current booking bonus/ how many perks would be for balcony & insides

- I'll be onboard next week and wondering what the current perks were.

Thank-you 

Edited by cruizefam

8 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

I just did a cruise on the Summit and for placing a future cruise deposit while onboard we got $300 OBC, plus an extra perk of our choice, plus the regular $200 OBC (for a 10-day sailing). 

OTJ, do you know if that offer is room classification dependent?

Since all the bookings, even on board, are in the 3 perks option (none, two or 4) this is the same as not onboard, and you end up paying for the perks, correct?  But I see it only says if one of the perks is the drink package, the price increases? 

Carefully check your OBC when you make a Future Cruise reservation and then later select your actual cruise. I had to call and then email a copy of the flyer to X to get them to give us the extra $100 pp OBC the promo was supposed to include. (Far right column). All they gave us originally was the stateroom OBC. 

• Like 1

We purchased a Future Cruise certificate in late October (dates to be selected later). The paperwork received said that we would receive an additional $100 OBC per person (far right column), the amount of OBC based on sailing length/category and the current promotions. I called today to try and make a reservation and ran into a problem getting the extra $100 a person OBC listed in the far right column. The agent tried to tell me that the $100 OBC listed in the column was the OBC with the current promotion and that we could not get the addition amount as stated. Has anyone else ran into this and what was the outcome? I now have to email the resolutions department to try and get it situated. 

10 hours ago, boobeth71 said:

We purchased a Future Cruise certificate in late October (dates to be selected later). The paperwork received said that we would receive an additional $100 OBC per person (far right column), the amount of OBC based on sailing length/category and the current promotions. I called today to try and make a reservation and ran into a problem getting the extra $100 a person OBC listed in the far right column. The agent tried to tell me that the $100 OBC listed in the column was the OBC with the current promotion and that we could not get the addition amount as stated. Has anyone else ran into this and what was the outcome? I now have to email the resolutions department to try and get it situated. 

We had the same problem but were able to get it added. It is indeed supposed to be in ADDITION to the stateroom OBC and whatever the current promo is, as long as you make the cruise selection before Dec 18th. This is the flyer, I had to send an email to them with a picture of it to get the extra $100 pp OBC from the far right column. Keep pushing, it clearly says "EXTRA" OBC.

FutureCruiseOffer.jpg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DebInAntigua said:

We had the same problem but were able to get it added. It is indeed supposed to be in ADDITION to the stateroom OBC and whatever the current promo is, as long as you make the cruise selection before Dec 18th. This is the flyer, I had to send an email to them with a picture of it to get the extra $100 pp OBC from the far right column. Keep pushing, it clearly says "EXTRA" OBC.

FutureCruiseOffer.jpg

The far right column is actually based on the current promo "December Deal" and yes you should be entitled to it if you booked in the booking window 11/1 thru 12/18 providing your booking is for a cruise between now and May 2021.  

It's not part of the actual benefit of booking onboard since it's available no matter where you book.  This chart will change with the next promo which starts 12/19

On 12/10/2019 at 10:44 PM, boobeth71 said:

Frustration reigns! We purchased two : "Futures" while onboard Silhouette in October. We were told we would get the best offer available at the time of the actual booking of the itineraries. At that time the itineraries were not yet out for 2021/2022, so they issued  'sail your way' certificates with a booking number. We then booked a B2B on Summit on 11/22 and got only the "Extra OBC" of $100 p/p. I asked our agent to look into this and was told that we would not get the "stateroom" OBC. I asked him to check on this after sending him the above flyer and was told he talked to a "Tom" at the Captain's Club, and that we had booked in a different code! This was news to us!!! Not happy at all with Celebrity onboard sales...it reminds me of the old timeshare sales pitches... just disgusted. 

On 12/7/2019 at 12:26 PM, DebInAntigua said:

Carefully check your OBC when you make a Future Cruise reservation and then later select your actual cruise. I had to call and then email a copy of the flyer to X to get them to give us the extra $100 pp OBC the promo was supposed to include. (Far right column). All they gave us originally was the stateroom OBC. 

We booked a week ago and got all we expected using Future Cruise reservation made on the Silhouette in November:

SAILNOW OBC NRD

4PERK SALE NRD

OB SALE 6to9N

Edited by Oville

23 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

The biggest difference is deposit. On board the deposit was $100.00 pp for our cruise, which would have been $900.00 pp on line for a 10 day cruise.

Well said. In addition to the $100 deposit, you will get a hundred dollars or so per stateroom for booking on board. i.e. $150 for a 7 day cruise staying in a Veranda.  The other "perks" are generally the same.  What I find interesting is that you will be told that you will "get" 2 or 4 perks.  They don't say  that you are actually paying for them in the pricing.  

11 hours ago, rlbeck said:

Frustration reigns! We purchased two : "Futures" while onboard Silhouette in October. We were told we would get the best offer available at the time of the actual booking of the itineraries. At that time the itineraries were not yet out for 2021/2022, so they issued  'sail your way' certificates with a booking number. We then booked a B2B on Summit on 11/22 and got only the "Extra OBC" of $100 p/p. I asked our agent to look into this and was told that we would not get the "stateroom" OBC. I asked him to check on this after sending him the above flyer and was told he talked to a "Tom" at the Captain's Club, and that we had booked in a different code! This was news to us!!! Not happy at all with Celebrity onboard sales...it reminds me of the old timeshare sales pitches... just disgusted. 

I think you need to push on this further.  What's the different code??   The "Extra OBC" was the current November Deal and had nothing to do with booking onboard.

Again this is why I never do a Future Certificate.  I do a placeholder cruise and then move it.  It's not the right thing to do I know it messes with inventory BUT seeing Celebrity has bit me with things like this before I find in necessary to play their game.

15 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I think you need to push on this further.  What's the different code??   The "Extra OBC" was the current November Deal and had nothing to do with booking onboard.

Again this is why I never do a Future Certificate.  I do a placeholder cruise and then move it.  It's not the right thing to do I know it messes with inventory BUT seeing Celebrity has bit me with things like this before I find in necessary to play their game.

Apparently, an onboard 'Sale Your Way' certificate is not of the same value as the 'New Places New Spaces' promo that was in effect at the time we booked. Out agent first talked to a rep at Celebrity then went to Captain's Club and there is where he was told it was a different code that we booked under and that it would actually cost more to rebook. Yeah, the $100 p/p deposit is nice, but no big deal really. Point is we booked what we thought was going to be under the best deal 'code'...it wasn't. I told him others had gotten both, but he was dismissive. I will push this up the chain. No more onboard bookings for me. They misrepresented the facts!

On 12/15/2019 at 8:57 AM, wrk2cruise said:

I'd certainly send a message to CelebrityOneTouch regarding this, something doesn't smell right.  You should be entitled to the onboard booking OBC at a minimum as that is able to be combined with 1 other promo.

Thank you. Will do...…….