Jump to content

Elite free laundry perk but 30 piece limit: 3bags at 10 pieces each?


Recommended Posts

So the limit for the free laundry perk is 30 pieces.

 

I read (but can't find again) that someone did multiple bags but didn't exceed 30 pieces total and wasn't charged.

 

Anyone else have success doing multi-bag strategy?

 

Edited by fstuff1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never done three bags but I usually do two, one of all whites and one of darks. On the bag of darks I write "cold water only". I have no idea if I actually get what I ask for but so far my jeans have come back fine. On both bags I write the cabin number and mark them "Bag 1 of 2" and "Bag 2 of 2". Obviously, nothing particularly delicate goes to the ship laundry but so far, I've gotten back everything I sent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, GateGuardian said:

I never knew there was a 30 piece limit. I just crammed everything into one bag and it always came back (in two bags) without any hiccups.

Yes that is my experience too.  I never count the items - just cram them in!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2theship said:

I've never done three bags but I usually do two, one of all whites and one of darks. On the bag of darks I write "cold water only". I have no idea if I actually get what I ask for but so far my jeans have come back fine. On both bags I write the cabin number and mark them "Bag 1 of 2" and "Bag 2 of 2". Obviously, nothing particularly delicate goes to the ship laundry but so far, I've gotten back everything I sent.

 

Ahh.. I meant multiple bags over several days.

 

Ie: 15 day cruise and submit 1 bag of 15 pieces every 6 days.

(That way you don't have to pack as much underwear/socks)

 

Edited by fstuff1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

 

Ahh.. I meant multiple bags over several days.

 

Ie: 18 day cruise and submit 1 bag of 10 pieces every 5 days.

(That way you don't have to pack as much underwear/socks)

 

I’m not sure that would work as I suspect that each time you send out“free” laundry that is enter into their system and after the 2nd time you would be charged.  Same with the 1 free dry clean item or 2 pressed items.   BTW in some places the limit is 20 pieces.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No requirement that you use their laundry bags. We travel with lots of white "tall"kitchen sized plastic trash bags. We use them to pack our shoes and laundry. We also use them to send our 30 pieces of laundry on the ship.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

So the limit for the free laundry perk is 30 pieces.

 

I read (but can't find again) that someone did multiple bags but didn't exceed 30 pieces total and wasn't charged.

 

Anyone else have success doing multi-bag strategy?

 

We both do a bag apiece. We only do socks and underwear. One bag with dark colors and one bag with light colors. One pair of socks equals one item. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

 

Ahh.. I meant multiple bags over several days.

 

Ie: 15 day cruise and submit 1 bag of 15 pieces every 6 days.

(That way you don't have to pack as much underwear/socks)

 

 

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

I’m not sure that would work as I suspect that each time you send out“free” laundry that is enter into their system and after the 2nd time you would be charged.  Same with the 1 free dry clean item or 2 pressed items.   BTW in some places the limit is 20 pieces.


I concur with Jelayne.  
Additionally if you have two Elites in the cabin, you get two bags (up to 30 days each that can be submitted on different days)  Based on my experience, the Elite benefit is one Bag per person up to 30 items. (May be less).  Celebrity allows you to put your 30 items in more than one bag if necessary, but it must be submitted at the same time.  The benefit is not for 30 items over multiple days, but I have never tried to do what your are asking.  I would be surprised if the Celebrity system actually reported the number of items.  I do not recall every seeing the actually number of items on my account, but obviously the submitted ticket lists the number of items.  You could always ask or try it.  Since the benefit states a bag of laundry, I would not risk it.  Once you obtain Elite plus status, you will get two bags each.

 

Good luck.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WestLakeGirl said:

It says one bag,  30 items so that probably means one bag, 30 items🤪

 

Your room steward coordinate your lottery, so discuss any deviation with him or her

Yes I know it says 1 bag with 30 items Max.

 

But as I said in my op, i read that someone had successfully done laundrys over multiple days with a total of 30 items. (But i can't find that post 😞 )

 

Thus this thread asking if others also have successfully done it

 

Edited by fstuff1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

Yes I know it says 1 bag with 30 items Max.

 

But as I said in my op, i read that someone had successfully done laundrys over multiple days with a total of 30 items. (But i can't find that post 😞 )

 

Thus this thread asking if others also have successfully done it

 

Try it and post your results when you return from your cruise.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

For those saying that they don't count, don't you fill out the paperwork that has the count on it?  If I could skip that I would be happy!

 

I found if I roll the clothing instead of stuffing, it fits better in the bag.

 

How long have they been returning the laundry in a basket, neatly folded?  Last time we cruised was on Silhouette in 2017 and they stuffed it back into a paper bag.  I like the basket and tissue paper!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Muushka said:

For those saying that they don't count, don't you fill out the paperwork that has the count on it?  If I could skip that I would be happy!

 

I found if I roll the clothing instead of stuffing, it fits better in the bag.

 

How long have they been returning the laundry in a basket, neatly folded?  Last time we cruised was on Silhouette in 2017 and they stuffed it back into a paper bag.  I like the basket and tissue paper!

 

I need the paper with the count to know if I get back everything that  I sent out.

No way will I  remember exactly how many pairs of socks, underwear, etc. I put into the bag each time without that slip of paper.

 

We never got the basket and tissue paper on Celebrity, only on HAL.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

So the limit for the free laundry perk is 30 pieces.

 

I read (but can't find again) that someone did multiple bags but didn't exceed 30 pieces total and wasn't charged.

 

Anyone else have success doing multi-bag strategy?

 

 

There have been a couple of occasions where we put our 30 pieces into two separate bags for our "free" laundry and we were not charged.  I don''t know if it helped, but we explained it to our cabin steward who picked up the laundry and we marked the bags "Free bag 1 of 2" and "Free bag 2 of 2" or something like that.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

 

There have been a couple of occasions where we put our 30 pieces into two separate bags for our "free" laundry and we were not charged.  I don''t know if it helped, but we explained it to our cabin steward who picked up the laundry and we marked the bags "Free bag 1 of 2" and "Free bag 2 of 2" or something like that.  

Why would you be charged?  Each elite member gets one free wash and fold laundry bag. 30 pieces for each member. All that is required is to mark " loyalty" on each bag if it's the paper bag or "loyalty" on the laundry slip if it's the new cloth bags which we had on our September 2019 Summit cruise.  

Edited by davekathy
Link to post
Share on other sites

We have used multiple bags to meet our 30 item requirement. What may people aren't aware of is that if the cruise is over 12 days they are also entitled to select benefits which is a bag of laundry for $20. So elites if 2 in a cabin can get two free bags and 2 bags at $20 each. Great if one has heaps of OBC

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...