Bliss Reservations - Please Help Clarify

Maleficent's Dad

We’re sailing on the Bliss out of NY in February, and I’m the point man for three rooms (total of 7 guests).  Tomorrow is my 120 day mark, so reservations for shows/dining open up.  We have 6 nights of specialty dining, and everyone wants to see the big shows (Jersey Boys and Six). My questions:

1. Can I make the reservations at midnight tonight?  For both dining and shows?  Or at a specific time tomorrow morning?

2. Will I be able to make ressies for all 3 rooms?  (My kids are in one of the other rooms, and friends in the 3rd).  
3. Will I be able to make reservations for 7 people dining together?

I’m definitely feeling the pressure/stress of making these reservations!  Reminds me of planning for a Disney trip with dining and fast pass reservations!  I feel like freestyle isn’t so much any more.  I know I don’t have to make reservations, but believe me, I kind of do “have to!”

Make reservations for your entire party, but when booking restaurants you will probably have to book a table for 8.

Just keep checking tonight it might open before midnight. Make sure your cache is cleaned out so you don't get an error message.

Edited by Sauer-kraut
  • Like 1

Shows are booked as individuals. So owners of those reservations need to log on to their MyNCL accounts and book the shows you tell them to. The dining, you can do for all, and with a large group, you’ll need to do it fast. 

Reservations open at midnight NCL time (US Eastern).  If they don’t show up, call tomorrow morning ASAP and book dining and shows. 

• Like 1

I don't know about specialty dining, but in my experience the show reservations don't fill quite as quick as Disney with the fast passes. If you add up all the seats and the 4 shows each show has it might be a little short of the total number of passengers - but it's a huge portion of them and there's going to be people who won't go to shows.

It's harder for a group of 6, but I was able to walk in standby for shows if I missed my reserved show. (Also, it was just me, but I was able to make reservations on Bliss 30 days out and on Breakaway like 2 weeks out)

1 hour ago, Beer Belly said:

When I was making Dinner reservations for my group of 13 in June of 2018, they would only allow me to make reservations for a group of 6 maximum.

I suspect that there were specific reasons for that. I often see availability for 8 when booking. The OP should be able to get 8 spaces.

13 would require calling though.

Edit: I just checked for our upcoming cruise. On some nights you can’t get f

more than 2 people, but on 5 of the 11 nights, reservations for 8 are available. Nothing for more than 8 (I don’t recall ever seeing more than 8 available).

Edited by KeithJenner

The table sizes available is probably based on what's already booked.

Also - book the table for 8 for your group of 7, don't worry about updating the reservation once on board as it'll be the same size table anyway.  I was going to update a Le Bistro reservation on the Bliss a couple months ago once I boarded for the cruise (had 3, booked 4).  It slipped my mind but the Maitre'd confirmed it didn't really matter as there are no tables for odd numbers.

Thanks for all who responded above!   You're all very helpful!  🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️  On Friday night (Saturday morning), I logged onto NCL and was able to get dining reservations for 8 people for 6 specialty dining restaurants.  We're going to have to try to adjust the times, as some of them aren't exactly what we hoped for, but we're "in," and my family & friends will be happy.

Just a tip, when all the restaurants are listed, it often said, "too early to book."  If you click on that restaurant for "more info," you'll be able to book once the info page comes up.  Here's a picture of what I mean:

Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 11.59.28 AM.png