Half day - Brimstone Fortress & beach day

WallyNDiane

There are 4 of us and we are thinking about a 1/2 day tour going to the Brimstone Fortress then to a beach.

We have never been to St Kitts. We typically catch a taxi in the Caribbean. Couple questions.

1) How much time should we allocate to Brimstone Fortress? I love photography and military installations but the wife's want to get their beach time.

2) We are retired so we don't need a high action beach. We just want to hit a nice beach for an hour or two. So what is a good beach that is convenient to the Fortress and the port?

3) I am debating on how best to get around as we want to spend some time at both locations. I see a local tour company offers a similar tour. But depending on interests, weather and how we are feeling, we would like to adjust our time at each location. So is a taxi tour a better option?

Any comments are welcomed. Thanks.

1.Brimstone Hill National Fortress- Entrance fee is $10 US dollars, I would suggest about an hour or so to see everything that is there. They have some interesting exhibits on the grounds. There is a small gift shop, restrooms and a snack bar on the grounds before you go up to the fortress.

2. Several beaches relatively close to the port area(within 20 min or less),  Frigate Bay and Friars Bay. My favorite beach bar/restaurant is called Shipwreck located on South Friars Bay.There are a number of bar/restaurants on Frigate Bay also. 

3. I would find a taxi and explain your requirements and go from there. There will be taxis at the port and you can take a very short walk into town to the Circus. There is a taxi stand there. You would want to have the taxi wait for you at the fort and arrange for a time to be picked up at the beach you are going to for the trip back to the port. 

• Thanks 1