Getaway LIVE... December 8-13.

ClevelandCruisin

Enjoy your cruise big time. 
we were booked on this cruise and I had to call and cancel Thursday.  My grown son was life flighted from Baton Rouge to New Orleans with a brain bleed so I am in New Orleans but sitting in neuro ICU rather than headed to the ship tomorrow. 
we are booked for March 8 on Getaway so now I start another count down. 
my luggage is laying on bed in extra bedroom all packed.

i will follow you so I can play like I am there.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ClevelandCruisin said:

Cafe du monde beignets!

20191207_161944.jpg

We were in NOLA last month after the Getaway Transatlantic. OMG! The beignets are unbelievable. And perfect to go with a cafe au lait. 

Enjoy the rest of your time in NOLA. And have a great cruise! Really liked the Getaway. 

1 minute ago, ellenw said:

We were in NOLA last month after the Getaway Transatlantic. OMG! The beignets are unbelievable. And perfect to go with a cafe au lait. 

Enjoy the rest of your time in NOLA. And have a great cruise! Really liked the Getaway. 

This was my first ship, first cruise in 2016! Can't wait to botch cruise #10 in the books!

• Like 1

Back in my hotel room, counting the hours till the cruise.

New Orleans is a town  I just have no interest in seeing again. Everyone raves about how awesome it is, Bourbon Street... well no thanks. It's just as dirty as anywhere else, but with more drunk people on the streets... Less than Vegas. Bourbon Street and Broadway Street in Nashville have a lot in common.

Maybe I didn't experience enough of it for more days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClevelandCruisin said:

New Orleans is a town  I just have no interest in seeing again. Everyone raves about how awesome it is, Bourbon Street... well no thanks. It's just as dirty as anywhere else, but with more drunk people on the streets... Less than Vegas. Bourbon Street and Broadway Street in Nashville have a lot in common.

There is way more to New Orleans than Bourbon Street. You gotta get out of the French Quarter to see the real city.  Have a great time on the ship (just off this cruise 2 weeks ago...Getaway is in great condition).

• Like 6

3 hours ago, ClevelandCruisin said:

Just spent 3 days in New Orleans last month when sailing on the Getaway and could not disagree more with your assessment.  

We LOVED New Orleans....the food, the charm, the history....it was fabulous.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Double Jack said:

Just spent 3 days in New Orleans last month when sailing on the Getaway and could not disagree more with your assessment.  

We LOVED New Orleans....the food, the charm, the history....it was fabulous.

Zydeco music, Central Grocery mufaletta, poboy, oysters on the half shell, camilles for breakfast,  street music, WWII museum......

• Like 6

14 hours ago, ClevelandCruisin said:

We made it to Bourbon street.

Just like Nashville... Broadway Street, it's very overrated. Did it and done.

It's definitely for a college crowd!

received_2538285053074308.jpeg

Following along, as we are sailing the Getaway March 1.

I have to say that as a Nahville girl, I disagree with your statement above! I hardly consider Broadway overrated! 

Can't wait to try Cafe du Monde.

12 minutes ago, MrsKC08 said:

Following along, as we are sailing the Getaway March 1.

I have to say that as a Nahville girl, I disagree with your statement above! I hardly consider Broadway overrated! 

Can't wait to try Cafe du Monde.

I have been there a few times. Only say that because last visit there was a hockey game and a Vanderbilt football game vs LSU... Broadway was insane!

4 hours ago, ClevelandCruisin said:

I have been there a few times. Only say that because last visit there was a hockey game and a Vanderbilt football game vs LSU... Broadway was insane!

If you mean Broadway theater ticket prices were high, I shudder to mention what I paid for a pair of Ohio State football tickets a few weeks ago. 

23 minutes ago, FLAHAM said:

If you mean Broadway theater ticket prices were high, I shudder to mention what I paid for a pair of Ohio State football tickets a few weeks ago. 

There is a Broadway in Nashville where all the bars and music venues are.  Fun but can get super crowded especially on game days.