Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
ClevelandCruisin

Getaway LIVE... December 8-13.

Recommended Posts

Coterie restaurant & oyster bar for lunch.

 

Had to fight through the Mardi gras Christmas parade first and white wasted girls, sorry no photo of them.

20191207_142259.jpg

20191207_142614.jpg

20191207_142923.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoy your cruise big time. 
we were booked on this cruise and I had to call and cancel Thursday.  My grown son was life flighted from Baton Rouge to New Orleans with a brain bleed so I am in New Orleans but sitting in neuro ICU rather than headed to the ship tomorrow. 
we are booked for March 8 on Getaway so now I start another count down. 
my luggage is laying on bed in extra bedroom all packed.

i will follow you so I can play like I am there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We made it to Bourbon street.

 

Just like Nashville... Broadway Street, it's very overrated. Did it and done.

 

It's definitely for a college crowd!

received_2538285053074308.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stopped in here... small, crowded and overpriced crap.

 

I love the huge skulls that you can buy in Mexico, this store wants $40 for one. That they probably bought in Mexico.

received_480625552657738.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we wanted to try one of these. Hot mama sold us one of these from the to-go window. $10 for one of these bad boys.

 

Are they worth it... nope!  Plus they aren't free like the ship!

20191207_173851.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ClevelandCruisin said:

Cafe du monde beignets!

20191207_161944.jpg

We were in NOLA last month after the Getaway Transatlantic. OMG! The beignets are unbelievable. And perfect to go with a cafe au lait. 

 

Enjoy the rest of your time in NOLA. And have a great cruise! Really liked the Getaway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ellenw said:

We were in NOLA last month after the Getaway Transatlantic. OMG! The beignets are unbelievable. And perfect to go with a cafe au lait. 

 

Enjoy the rest of your time in NOLA. And have a great cruise! Really liked the Getaway. 

This was my first ship, first cruise in 2016! Can't wait to botch cruise #10 in the books!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back in my hotel room, counting the hours till the cruise.

 

New Orleans is a town  I just have no interest in seeing again. Everyone raves about how awesome it is, Bourbon Street... well no thanks. It's just as dirty as anywhere else, but with more drunk people on the streets... Less than Vegas. Bourbon Street and Broadway Street in Nashville have a lot in common.

 

 

Maybe I didn't experience enough of it for more days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ClevelandCruisin said:

Back in my hotel room, counting the hours till the cruise.

 

New Orleans is a town  I just have no interest in seeing again. Everyone raves about how awesome it is, Bourbon Street... well no thanks. It's just as dirty as anywhere else, but with more drunk people on the streets... Less than Vegas. Bourbon Street and Broadway Street in Nashville have a lot in common.

 

 

Maybe I didn't experience enough of it for more days.

There is way more to New Orleans than Bourbon Street. You gotta get out of the French Quarter to see the real city.  Have a great time on the ship (just off this cruise 2 weeks ago...Getaway is in great condition).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ClevelandCruisin said:

Back in my hotel room, counting the hours till the cruise.

 

New Orleans is a town  I just have no interest in seeing again. Everyone raves about how awesome it is, Bourbon Street... well no thanks. It's just as dirty as anywhere else, but with more drunk people on the streets... Less than Vegas. Bourbon Street and Broadway Street in Nashville have a lot in common.

 

 

Maybe I didn't experience enough of it for more days.

Just spent 3 days in New Orleans last month when sailing on the Getaway and could not disagree more with your assessment.  

 

We LOVED New Orleans....the food, the charm, the history....it was fabulous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Double Jack said:

Just spent 3 days in New Orleans last month when sailing on the Getaway and could not disagree more with your assessment.  

 

We LOVED New Orleans....the food, the charm, the history....it was fabulous.

Zydeco music, Central Grocery mufaletta, poboy, oysters on the half shell, camilles for breakfast,  street music, WWII museum......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We board as you leave. Like ships passing in the night.  Only not really, since it's the same ship! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ClevelandCruisin said:

We made it to Bourbon street.

 

Just like Nashville... Broadway Street, it's very overrated. Did it and done.

 

It's definitely for a college crowd!

received_2538285053074308.jpeg

Following along, as we are sailing the Getaway March 1.

I have to say that as a Nahville girl, I disagree with your statement above! I hardly consider Broadway overrated! 

Can't wait to try Cafe du Monde.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MrsKC08 said:

Following along, as we are sailing the Getaway March 1.

I have to say that as a Nahville girl, I disagree with your statement above! I hardly consider Broadway overrated! 

Can't wait to try Cafe du Monde.

I have been there a few times. Only say that because last visit there was a hockey game and a Vanderbilt football game vs LSU... Broadway was insane!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ClevelandCruisin said:

Sheraton New Orleans

I'm staying there on Thursday night. How was the noise from Bourbon street in your room? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, s_jas said:

I'm staying there on Thursday night. How was the noise from Bourbon street in your room? 

It wasn't bad, still could hear noise from outside. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ClevelandCruisin said:

I have been there a few times. Only say that because last visit there was a hockey game and a Vanderbilt football game vs LSU... Broadway was insane!

 

If you mean Broadway theater ticket prices were high, I shudder to mention what I paid for a pair of Ohio State football tickets a few weeks ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, FLAHAM said:

 

If you mean Broadway theater ticket prices were high, I shudder to mention what I paid for a pair of Ohio State football tickets a few weeks ago. 

There is a Broadway in Nashville where all the bars and music venues are.  Fun but can get super crowded especially on game days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...