LIVE From the Crown Princess - 10-day Southern Caribbean - Dec 7, 2019

CanadianBurger

After dinner, we finished packing 😡 then went to Miguel Washington’s comedy show, which was very funny. Then back to Crooners (anyone surprised?) to catch Tommy’s last set. Kristen did a beautiful number from Les Mis. Cruise Director John also came by to listen, and got called up to do a song. A fantastic final evening of entertainment for the cruise. 

537E04A9-BE3B-4566-B8A8-DB7C196EDF05.jpeg

3CD3ECC8-176E-45E2-AB54-30BB18AF8F16.jpeg

• Like 1

I don’t think I remembered to post about my conversation with the Captain during the captain’s circle elite party. He confirmed that it was a wind gust, and that the list was only 4 degrees. He said it was nothing to worry about, then mentioned the 2006 incident where incorrect steering input resulted in a maximum list of 24 degrees and 298 injuries (14 serious) to passengers & crew. There are quite a number of YouTube videos from the incident, with furniture flying everywhere. The 24 degrees number comes from the official NTSB report. 

So that 4 degrees and pool water in HC really was minor. 

Video from my beach snorkelling adventures in Curaçao. First is Daaibooi Beach, a beach frequented by locals. I snorkelled along the rock lining the inlet, which is fascinating as the water has worn away the rock several feet back from the rock above the water. About halfway through, I lift the camera above to the water to show.

GOPR1544.JPG

Edited by CanadianBurger

To finalize, another great cruise is in the books. The food was fantastic, the entertainment was spectacular, and all the new friends tied it all together. Sporadic rain didn’t put a damper on things. The Crown is showing her age a bit, but her drydock next year should spruce everything up. It was our first medallion voyage, and everything worked perfectly for us. No issues with the medallion itself, and the apps worked fine and stayed connected. Two of three drinks ordered on Lido arrived within a couple of minutes. The third had the server a little confused, as she thought someone else had brought it, but then she brought it right away. MedallionNet is speedy, and not having to log off is great. 

Next up is the Grand in May. Taking my mom on her first cruise for Mother’s Day. 

Until then, thanks for reading!

Steve. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great review! We board the Crown in February for the same trip. Loved all the photos of the patter (my sister was worried they would do away with it) and the menus/food!  Yummy!  It’s snowing here today, windy and cold yesterday (-26 with the wind chill) so I can’t wait until February. Thank you for doing this. It is really appreciated. 

from a fellow Canuk

Maraviclin

We will also be on in Feb and this has been most helpful.    

Thank You for the time and effort.

As a side note on our last Princess cruise they could never get the eggs Benedict right.   It became a joke for us but really they must make 500 a day,  you would think they would have it down pat.

On 12/12/2019 at 8:22 PM, CanadianBurger said:

This afternoon was our CruiseCritic Slot Pull. We had 17 participants who kicked in $15 each. While we didn’t win any money, we were able to go through the roster several times, and had some exciting Wheel of Fortune spins. We were at it for about an hour and a quarter, and had a lot of fun. Thanks to Ponstad for organizing it!

We were a motley crew - just loved every body's special "lucky dance" before we would spin.  The good news is that we didn't have to worry about taxes!  Thanks to everybody who participated.  Steve - am wondering if you could send me the pictures.  Email to ponstad_2007 at yahoo dot com.

On 12/18/2019 at 10:04 PM, CanadianBurger said:

Edited video of snorkelling in Bonaire, which consists of the most visually interesting highlights. I was really stuck by the amount of dead coral. In the middle you can see some tree-like structures that are an attempt to re-grow some of the endangered coral.

Great video - wish I was back there!  I didn't get enough of Bonaire!