LIVE From the Crown Princess - 10-day Southern Caribbean - Dec 7, 2019

CanadianBurger

After dinner we headed to the Princess Theatre to catch the show of Vocal Impressionist Greg London. We didn’t last too long. He started off badly with Bryan Adams, and by the time he got to butchering Bruce Springsteen (one of our favourite performers) we’d had enough and left. 

6DE778D6-19A8-4F3F-92BF-9EA21229E23B.jpeg

I love magician shows, so we headed to Explorers to see the show of Canadian magician Ryan J. Birda. Great performance. Lots of audience participation, and Ryan did stuff that left me with my mouth agape. Highly recommended. He’s also the Magic Maker in the production show Magic To Do, which I’m looking forward to seeing for the fourth time. I’ve seen two shows with the the original Magic Maker Michael Misco, before they took out the darker scenes, and another with a different magician whose name escapes me right now. Easily my favourite Princess production show. 

After the show in Explorers, we headed back to Crooners to catch Tommy’s last set of the night at 11. I was surprised there were so few passengers there. Many of the entertainment staff came, and we were treated to a couple of duets with the female singer from the production show. I’ll have to get her name later. Great time, and we closed down the place. 
Time for bed. Princess Cays tomorrow, but we’ve been there before, and don’t plan on getting off the ship. The clocks go ahead an hour tonight, so we lose an hour of sleep. 

Thanks for your timely review . We will be on the Crown for 2 ten day cruises beginning  1/6/20 so reading your postings are giving us advanced planning  options. 

In re, Internet  options with the unlimited option can you use an I Phone with this option ?

Thanks so much! We live in Oakville and are boarding Crown Dec 27 for 10 days - we are glad to be getting away from our early winter!   I'm impatiently counting down the days and your posts are a a very appreciated peek at our trip! 

Edited by cruisintoddler
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JEH said:

Thanks for your timely review . We will be on the Crown for 2 ten day cruises beginning  1/6/20 so reading your postings are giving us advanced planning  options. 

In re, Internet  options with the unlimited option can you use an I Phone with this option ?

Yes. All my posting and pics are done on my iPhone. Turn on airplane mode, connect to the WiFi, login, and you’re good to go. 

Edited by CanadianBurger
  • Like 1

Thank you very much for posting!
We will be on Crown for New Year with slightly different itin, but dud exactly the same for New Year 2017 on Royal Princess. Nice one.

I’m happy to see such a great internet speed! We will have 4 device unlimited courtesy of our agent. Last time on Royal we had 500 minutes as platinums, but internet was so so and even though I was able to upload some videos to Facebook I had to reconnect so often. Basically I spent all these minutes just uploading photos and videos! :) I’m surprised at this speed though. We just disembarked from RCI Anthem last week and while internet was literally flying speed tests showed something like 3.5 on upload and download.

Great to see my favorite fruit soup and various choices for entertainment!

I will be following your great posts.

Have a great time!

Enjoying your photos, patters and tips on the entertainment...not to mention the food reviews.  Can you let us know how long laundry is taking to come back?  Last year we were on the Crown and it was 3-4 days.  Starting to look at my packing list as you inspired me.  😀Thanks.

10 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

Enjoying your photos, patters and tips on the entertainment...not to mention the food reviews.  Can you let us know how long laundry is taking to come back?  Last year we were on the Crown and it was 3-4 days.  Starting to look at my packing list as you inspired me.  😀Thanks.

Funny you should ask. There was a note in the cabin last night that said to allow 72 hours for Elite laundry. 

• Like 1