Inside cabin 4 adults

mfrc

10 minutes ago, mfrc said:

Quick question friends are doing inside cabin for 4 adults( 2 kids are 18 and 19) . Parents are doing the 4 perks (premium) ... what tips do they need to pay for the 2 others? And how much?

$14.50 per day per person. Covers the waitstaff in the MDR and stateroom attendant. Any bar service for alcohol or other drinks the gratuity will be added to the drink bill.  Four adults in a inside cabin is going to be tight. 

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, mom says said:

It will be interesting to hear if anyone is on speaking terms with the others by the end of the cruise. The very idea makes me shudder.

On my very first cruise four young ladies one cabin.

The best piece of advice we got while waiting to board from another  cruiser was take advantage  of the spa showers.

So each day one person  had dibs on the cabin shower and rest spa.  Both I and another person just end up using the spa showers and loved it.

Also we were only in the room to sleep and other times somewhere on deck or in port.  Chaos on packing last day.

All of us are still friends.  But I also tell anyone  you have to know the people  that you travel with and how they travel.  Got a close friend we went on a trip and clashed so much almost destroyed our friendship 

• Like 2

I believe it is a question of planning, respect,  flexibility and expectations. With the right mix, it could be very nice experience. I really like the suggestion of using the spa showers.

My DW and I have sailed in an inside cabin as well as in a balcony cabin.

Nothing beats sleeping in an inside cabin. Once I woke up in total darkness and I remember the feeling: where am I, what time is it. Wow! My sleep had never been so deep! 

My main concern with 4 adults in an inside cabin would be storage space. Any tool or trick available to maximize every inch of storage space will need to be used!

Good luck to your friends and I hope they will enjoy their experience! 

2 hours ago, airlink diva said:

.....  But I also tell anyone  you have to know the people  that you travel with and how they travel.  Got a close friend we went on a trip and clashed so much almost destroyed our friendship 

So if you absolutely must travel that way, it would probably be better to share the cabin with  total strangers whom you will never need to see again .

Better than risking the alienation of family members or  good friends. 😀

However,  I guess it depends on one's frame of reference as there are still places in this world where entire families do live in one room. 

It is typically done out of necessity due to hardship or disaster though, not the type of accommodations freely chosen for a luxury cruise vacation.

Personally, I would rather stay at home in comfort than live that way on a cruise, but maybe if I had been living in a submarine for the past 6 months, or had just been released from prison,  it might not seem so bad. 😉

Edited by varoo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cachouonacruise said:

My main concern with 4 adults in an inside cabin would be storage space. Any tool or trick available to maximize every inch of storage space will need to be used!

The best solution under these circumstances would probably be to select a cruise for nudists.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

EDGE for example does not have  available spa showers unless you are in AQ class or have a pass...

Snoring would be the biggest issue for me,  working with diff  am and pm schedules,    working out the sofa/ drop down beds and storage..

I' d tell them  to pack light, be patient! & have fun!

Well color me one who thinks it "can" work. It is so dependent on the personality of the group. As a family of four who started cruising in one room when our kids were pre-teens, up to their late teens, it "can" work. But we had hard set rules and our rooms were called "the play nice room." AAAaaand, you need to respect each other a heck of a lot more than at home. If this is their first cruise together, it has much potential for stressful situations. Communication is going to be key.

We met many people over the years who also had four to a room, and the above rang true. The good and the bad.

Have a great trip.

• Like 3

Spa shower is key here. When I travel with  my gf I use the spa/gym to shower. I'm a "get in, get out, get it done" person. She takes much longer.

I've also traveled with 4 to a room... my mom, me, my son and my niece. It worked fine. 2 twins, the couch and a cot. You must pack your patience and good attitude. We had plenty of room for our stuff. 

I do remember tipping extra to the room steward. Extra towels, extra bedding, etc... he earned extra tips that week. 

Suggestions:  Over-the-door shoe pockets for everyone's stuff. Hanging net shower caddy for everyone's shower toiletries.  Lots of strong magnetic hooks - all the walls and doors are metal.  Dirty laundry goes in the under-bed empty suitcases until sent to laundry. Suitcases under bed can also hold extra clothing/stuff.

3 hours ago, hcat said:

EDGE for example does not have  available spa showers unless you are in AQ class or have a pass...

Snoring would be the biggest issue for me,  working with diff  am and pm schedules,    working out the sofa/ drop down beds and storage..

I' d tell them  to pack light, be patient! & have fun!

Now that is a bummer. 

• Like 1

Hoping I am wrong   but on 2 EDGE cruises never found a changing rm/ showers outside of the Thermal suites area...

There are the outdoor showers..they are kept spotless in the Solarium..but they not pvt & are just for rinsing off in a swimsuit. 

bring magnetic hooks and a light weight solid color shower curtain . It can be hung from the ceiling for privacy for sleeping and even dressing . Very easy to draw open and closed.. Not a hook for every hole in the curtain though. I would suggest 3

• Like 1

That's sad if there are no showers available in the spa area unless you spend a certain amount on a cabin.   I also like to do cycle classes and workout and would take a quick shower when done.  Looking at the Edge for 2021 Panama Canal cruise.   Won't stop me from booking, but not great to hear.

13 hours ago, varoo said:

So if you absolutely must travel that way, it would probably be better to share the cabin with  total strangers whom you will never need to see again .

Better than risking the alienation of family members or  good friends. 😀

However,  I guess it depends on one's frame of reference as there are still places in this world where entire families do live in one room. 

It is typically done out of necessity due to hardship or disaster though, not the type of accommodations freely chosen for a luxury cruise vacation.

Personally, I would rather stay at home in comfort than live that way on a cruise, but maybe if I had been living in a submarine for the past 6 months, or had just been released from prison,  it might not seem so bad. 😉

We had no issues sharing.  Four young ladies who wanted to cruise and cheaper for us to do this way.  I got along better with the three of them than I did cruising with just one person,that was not fin.

We had a blast on that cruise and it got me hooked on cruising.   Growing up my family travel road trips alot and my mom and I would share a bed while my father and brother did.  No issue and great times

Each to there own

Thank you... that’s what I told them... we are two adults and always stay in a balcony but everyone has a budget....I’m just happy they are coming with us!!!   

well it’s the parents and thier two sons who will be 18 and 19 ... they will sleep on the pullouts from the wall ... 

1 hour ago, mfrc said:

Thank you... that’s what I told them... we are two adults and always stay in a balcony but everyone has a budget....I’m just happy they are coming with us!!!   

well it’s the parents and thier two sons who will be 18 and 19 ... they will sleep on the pullouts from the wall ... 

Just outta curiosity, have your friends cruised before? Maybe one of the kids could stay with you. 😲 Just kidding.

I honestly think it is all about expectations...We have slept as a family in a tent to enjoy family get togethers. If it is a port intensive busy cruise then the cabin can then just become a place to sleep. Problems arise when one or other of the group ‘hogs’ the bathroom or complains when not everyone has their body clock....

As long as everyone sharing the cabin understands its limitations and the need to be both tolerant of each other and aware their personal space will be limited it can work.

23 hours ago, mfrc said:

Quick question friends are doing inside cabin for 4 adults( 2 kids are 18 and 19) . Parents are doing the 4 perks (premium) ... what tips do they need to pay for the 2 others? And how much?

Returning to the original question guests three and four will pay the daily gratuities for their cabin type (should be clear in your invoice). They can either prepay this or it can be added on a daily basis once on board.