Edge Secrets

charlielinda

Over the years I’ve learned so many wonderful things from others here on CruiseCritic.   We will be on the Edge in January and was wondering if you found a special place you liked, food to try, or any tidbits.  Please keep positive.   I’ve heard all about the negatives but would love to hear about things you surprised about and enjoyed.  Thanks so much.  

22 minutes ago, charlielinda said:

Over the years I’ve learned so many wonderful things from others here on CruiseCritic.   We will be on the Edge in January and was wondering if you found a special place you liked, food to try, or any tidbits.  Please keep positive.   I’ve heard all about the negatives but would love to hear about things you surprised about and enjoyed.  Thanks so much.  

One of the best kept secrets was lunch at La Grand Bistro. The menu was quite good. The escargot appetizer was served on puff pastry and was a pleasant change from the traditional escargot serving. The lobster bisque had a puff pastry top that, again was a pleasant change to a traditional service.  The cost is $20 per person and well worth it. We sailed in November and ate there twice. We were blown away by the number of people who walked away from the entrance in a huff once they learned of the $20 fee. Don’t make that mistake!

Randy

Edited by Schmoe38
  • Like 1

Wow.. that was going to be my number one tip too! Enjoyed it even more than the former Bistro on Five where we frequently  had lunch.

Service and ambiance were excellent . The sommelier was one of the best with personal attention. Onion soup was outstanding..  Dh had short ribs, I had  the wild mushroom tart . Did not have room for dessert so they sent us away with a  small box of cake and pastries.  They also do a brunch which we missed,  and have take out deli,...  please don't tell X or they'll raise the price.!

Other tip is the area one flight up from the pool deck ..where the dj sets up..

Nice shady spot..great views..breezy, comfy loungers, chairs etc.  Very laid back & cozy!

The Eden Cafe at the entrance to Eden -  Free pastries in the morning and soup, sandwich and the best brownies you will ever eat at noon -   all is complimentary.    Especially early on a cruise no one knows it's there.   Limited cafe seating but you can take your food to open deck tables outside the cafe or into Eden.

• Like 1

Agree about Eden cafe...but this time around there seemed to be a  big language problem with person taking the orders.. A bit of patience saved the Day!

They have great breads, nice selection of teas, and a fresh carving station daily!

22 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

The Eden Cafe at the entrance to Eden -  Free pastries in the morning and soup, sandwich and the best brownies you will ever eat at noon -   all is complimentary.    Especially early on a cruise no one knows it's there.   Limited cafe seating but you can take your food to open deck tables outside the cafe or into Eden.

Do they have coffee as well? We always enjoy Cafe al Bacio in the morning and will be on the Edge also in January.  Would this be a similar experience for something new to try?

Raw on Five was our favorite meal of the entire cruise.

And the outside deck on Eden was a lovely secret location, shaded, tables, quiet  - to have food from the Eden Cafe. 

Secret stairs at rear right through a door in the Destination Gateway take you straight to the Martini Bar for a post-port cocktail!

Really enjoyed the ship. People look for things to the about but the ship is stunning and service outstanding. 

Enjoy!