Ventura broken down?

AndyMichelle

4 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Excuse my ignorance, but what would be the usual expected sailing time from Tenerife to Southampton, assuming the ship was fault free? 

Andy 

We were 3 sea days to Lanzarote on Oceana. It’s about 1500-1600 miles so @16 knots will be 100 hours which will be around 1800 on the 16th

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bin man said:

On my app I use for tracking says just that 16th 18.00 due in Southampton so don't know how accurate that will be but time will tell 

That’s the time they programme into the ais on the ship as the time they would ideally want to arrive at a set point

On 12/9/2019 at 8:49 PM, hamish123 said:

Hi, we are due to join the Ventura on Tuesday 17th Dec for a back to back xmas and new year cruise.

Just crossing fingers that the problems will be sorted by then.!!

So sorry for those that have had the previous cruise cancelled.

Apparently the people who are stuck in Tenerife will be getting a 50% refund.!!, not bad for a extra four days holiday. 

I am on the cruise 17-29th feel the same Hamish.

• Like 1

I’ve been trying to follow her journey home on AIS, but it’s over 13 hours now since her information has been updated. Does anyone more familiar with AIS than me know if this is normal, and can anyone point me to any other sources for following her?

• Like 1

It is very common for ships to go out of local AIS range, in which case data is only available via Satellite on some services but even then it varies. I track my friends container ship often, and even when he is near the coast I don't always get an accurate position or information. Furthermore here in the harbour we have a military vessel who according to the tracker is still outside the harbour, when in fact she is moored up alongside the dock.

Edited to say I use either marine traffic or FleetMon to track vessels. 

Edited by CarlaMarie

28 minutes ago, CarlaMarie said:

It is very common for ships to go out of local AIS range, in which case data is only available via Satellite on some services but even then it varies. I track my friends container ship often, and even when he is near the coast I don't always get an accurate position or information. Furthermore here in the harbour we have a military vessel who according to the tracker is still outside the harbour, when in fact she is moored up alongside the dock.

Edited to say I use either marine traffic or FleetMon to track vessels. 

Thanks for your reply 😀

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, brillo said:

I do not care how long it takes to repair as long as it is ready to go by the 3rd of January !!!

Right on. Have you started packing yet. We are about to start.  😎

16 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

That's unfair, we get off when you board.. 

I might just pull a plug out when leaving or something... 

Andy 

We will think of you, now if you leave some credit behind the bar we will have a drink to you.

• Like 2

On 12/13/2019 at 10:24 PM, beachmad123 said:

The latest news is we will arrive in Southampton at 20.00 Monday. To avoid a storm that's going to hit biscay. 

We will disembark Tuesday morning. 

Does anyone know the price of Benson & hedges gold in the duty free shop at the moment.

19 minutes ago, hamish123 said:

Wow,!! free drinks on offer, see you in the bar.

Does anyone know the price of Benson & hedges gold in the duty free shop at the moment.

See you there Clive. 

By the time I board, you will have tipped the waiters so heavily they will be giving us free drinks... 

Andy 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ataraxia said:

I hope the repair has sorted out the sporadic loss of power that has happened at least twice to the ship. It was a bit unnerving when it happened halfway across the Atlantic.

How  strange  I thought it was my imagination I noticed it once !

We are due to sail on the Ventura 17 December. I asked on P&Os Facebook page if the ship is fixed and likely to sail, they confirmed the cruise will be going ahead... I've not started packing yet as not convinced! I'm hoping it will go ahead but would hate to make the journey down to Southampton just to be sent back home.

Edited by eeyoreworld