Ventura broken down?

AndyMichelle

1 hour ago, DAN 60 said:

If the grey water is so pure, why would the Ventura go 4 miles out to discharge the waste.

when it could do so at anytime. Remember save the waves campaign.

Because International Law states that discharges have to be a certain distance from land.

48 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

If it's done within any current maritime legislation, what is your complaint?

His point was if the water is "clean" why does current maritime legislation require it to be offloaded 4 miles out to sea ?

Look forward to hearing the definitive answer as to why, not where. Perhaps someone more knowedgable and less kneejerk can advise ?

Edited by tanneralll
edit

found this

the ship is discharging comminuted and disinfected sewage using a system approved by the Administration in accordance with regulation 9.1.2 of this Annex at a distance of more than 3 nautical miles from the nearest land

Greywater is wastewater from sinks, showers and washing machines.

Edited by jeanlyon

46 minutes ago, davecttr said:

She might have until 6am tomorrow to get out of there, I think there are at least 2 ships homeporting tomorrow with thousands of passengers flying in and stores loading etc etc. I suppose they could move her, maybe even to anchor.

It sounds like if all goes well, they will have a slow journey back as not due in Southampton until Tuesday morning. 

Andy 

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

She might have until 6am tomorrow to get out of there, I think there are at least 2 ships homeporting tomorrow with thousands of passengers flying in and stores loading etc etc. I suppose they could move her, maybe even to anchor.

She looks to be towards the end of the mole from today's webcam picture, Santa Cruz has ample space for her, even with 2 turn-round ships in port.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Fingers crossed for Ventura to start it's journey home today without any further hitches. 

Safe travels to everyone on board and those who are flying back. 

Hope the weather is kind. 

Andy 

14 30 Ventura is just departing with two tugs standing by

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

It sounds like if all goes well, they will have a slow journey back as not due in Southampton until Tuesday morning. 

Andy 

I would think they would be back before then, it's two days from Gibralter, so maybe another day from Tenerife. Maybe, they will carry out some maintenance, check things out etc.

6 minutes ago, emam said:

I would think they would be back before then, it's two days from Gibralter, so maybe another day from Tenerife. Maybe, they will carry out some maintenance, check things out etc.

The passengers were told they would be arriving back Tuesday, it just sounded like a long time.

Andy 

Update  we have departed  just before 2pm. Everything is going to plan . Yes it is a long time were only doing 17 knots I think they are being careful. On the positive side I would imagine after 6 hours something would of shown up.

The ship is really great with all the passengers off its nice and quiet unless you're in the launderette !!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, beachmad123 said:

Update  we have departed  just before 2pm. Everything is going to plan . Yes it is a long time were only doing 17 knots I think they are being careful. On the positive side I would imagine after 6 hours something would of shown up.

The ship is really great with all the passengers off its nice and quiet unless you're in the launderette !!

Glad to hear all is well so far, fingers crossed for a safe crossing for you all. 

Sounds like you need to steer clear of the launderette, maybe better to wash the necessaries in the sink... 

Andy