Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
itsawonderfullife

Which area to stay in Vienna?

We are staying post-cruise in Vienna for 3-4 nights.  We might get an Airbnb.  Not sure.  Which area of Austria would be the best to stay to be near cafes and sights, but not too hustle bustle or noisy at night?  Any recommendations for hotels you loved?  Thanks!

For ease of sightseeing, I would recommend a hotel near the historic center. On separate visits, we have stayed at the Boutique Hotel am Stephansplatz and the Guesthouse Vienna. Both are located in the historic center and we enjoyed our stays at both hotels. You might check-out locations of the hotel or bnb in which you are interested to get an idea of how far it is located from the historic center. Vienna also has an excellent tram & metro system so it is easy to get around even if you are not located in the center. However, I would not recommend staying so far from the center that it is a 30 minute ride by public transportation.

Edited by dogs4fun

We had a week in Vienna in October and stayed at the Hotel Lamee.  We loved it, right in the centre and we walked everywhere except for Schonbrunn, where we caught public transport.

We had a suite with a terrace with stunning views of Stephansdom, but there are regular rooms as well.

I started looking at the Boutique Hotel am Stephansplatz when we were booking, but you had to prepay there, whereas Hotel Lamee was pay on checkout, which I much prefer.  The two hotels are about five minutes apart on foot.