"Live from Nieuw Statendam December 8 - 22, 2019"

Crew News

On 12/15/2019 at 5:02 AM, Crew News said:

That is how the Environmental Officer explained it to our tour.  They will buy in bulk and put into small reusable containers for passenger use. 

Single serving reusable containers? Washed in a sanitizing dishwasher between each use?  If not, this is the same issue as with any other bulk dispensers of condiments.  Handled by multiple passengers who fail to wash their hands after using the bathroom. Passengers who sneeze or cough into their hands, or directly onto the dispensers.

I want to call and request a certain table for the main dining room. I recall the mentioning of this in your posts and I even followed through and downloaded the diagram of the dining room. However, I cannot seem to find what number I  can call and who I call! Help please

On 12/10/2019 at 10:45 PM, Crew News said:

Meal portions seem to be the same size as the MDR but with the chef only a few feet away, it is easy to tweak the meal prep.

Keeping contact with the MDR was important to obtain their dinner menus to compare with Club Orange menus.  I now know the comparison so will probably not return to the MDR on this cruise.

Second seating is 8:00 PM.

The Dutch Cafe NY Pizza & Deli are open late for snacks.  There is also Room Service.

We were on your cruise. Coupla notes from us: We did meet officers at Club Orange. (Tvenue was awful for us; separate revirew of that.0 We only saw the chef on one occasion for dinner, when we watched him prepare a pasta dish. otherwise he was absent. Our dinners seemed to be brought straight fm the MDR kitchen( and overcooked, with congealed sauces).

On 12/16/2019 at 8:35 PM, Happily@Sea said:

That single piece of paper that you get - with the officers' pictures on one side - has the week's [whole cruise if longer] main entertainment and other special events listed. - also has the Gala nights indicated - on the other side. At least we were still getting that sheet earlier this year. It's on heavier paper - not the usual handouts.

Hmm, we did not see that. But to be fair, our aft Neptune was on a different deck and  our otherwise wonderful stewards neglected to fully service the stateroom... We had to ask for things a number of times (sugar and creamer for the lovely coffee machine, etc.). Will keep an eye out for it in April!

58 minutes ago, sofietucker said:

We were on your cruise. Coupla notes from us: We did meet officers at Club Orange. (Tvenue was awful for us; separate revirew of that.0 We only saw the chef on one occasion for dinner, when we watched him prepare a pasta dish. otherwise he was absent. Our dinners seemed to be brought straight fm the MDR kitchen( and overcooked, with congealed sauces).

All of the meals, with the exception of the specials, come from the MDR.  In addition to the meals, the CO chef warmed the bread and added some of the sauces.

I met the Captain several times in the Dutch Cafe and he remembered me from the Behind the Scenes Tour.

On 12/31/2019 at 10:46 AM, sprockie said:

Something to keep in mind also that I forgot about is that we go through customs in Key West on the tropical itinerary. Customs is called down by deck number and it looked like we wouldn't be off the ship till about 10:30 if all went well. Just something to keep in mind when booking shore excursions.  

Those on HAL shore excursions were scheduled to be the first to be processed by immigration/customs and did not have to follow the timing for decks. Of course by skipping Key West, this was done at Port Everglades the regular disembarkation way.

On 12/31/2019 at 1:09 PM, Crew News said:

Those with HAL shore excursions were the first passengers scheduled to go through Immigration at 8:15 AM BUT it is my experience that nobody is allowed to leave the ship before ALL passengers have processed through Immigration.  Since we skipped Key West, I cannot confirm the latter.

I asked and was told that once processed, you could leave the ship and not have to wait until everyone was processed.

On 1/4/2020 at 11:14 AM, Cruising Is Bliss said:

Single serving reusable containers? Washed in a sanitizing dishwasher between each use?  If not, this is the same issue as with any other bulk dispensers of condiments.  Handled by multiple passengers who fail to wash their hands after using the bathroom. Passengers who sneeze or cough into their hands, or directly onto the dispensers.

Here are the bulk Marmalade and Jam containers in the Lido and on room service breakfast tray...

20200121_092546.jpg

20200122_081409.jpg

20200122_081659.jpg

• Thanks 1