Meet and Mingle Explorer now

Troban

Hello, late to party but on Explorer now, did not sign up for CC Meet and Mingle, went to reception they told me since I was not on manifest for the get together nothing they could do. Anyone on here know how I can join at this point?  I think it’s tomorrow. Our first sea day. 

Thank you 

I think if you go to this link you can sign up:  https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcall/

select your ship and cruise date and you should be able to sign up.  I think it's ridiculous that you can't attend  without being on the manifest.  I realize they need to plan a bit for these things but it's not like food and drinks are not already included in everyone's cruise fares.  I hope you have a great cruise whether you attend or not.  Don't let it ruin your sea day.  Enjoy the beautiful ship.  I wish you calm seas and a happy, healthy cruise. 

57 minutes ago, lbastida01 said:

I think it's ridiculous that you can't attend  without being on the manifest.  I realize they need to plan a bit for these things but it's not like food and drinks are not already included in everyone's cruise fares.  

With all due respect, it could get kind of embarrassing for the host/hostess to plan for a smaller number of people and then have a larger number of people show up unexpectedly - leaving them to scramble for more refreshments and/or even outgrowing the original venue.  Not a comfortable situation for anyone.

9 hours ago, Troban said:

Hello, late to party but on Explorer now, did not sign up for CC Meet and Mingle, went to reception they told me since I was not on manifest for the get together nothing they could do. Anyone on here know how I can join at this point?  I think it’s tomorrow. Our first sea day. 

Thank you 

I can't believe this: Reception must have it wrong! Yes, it's not in Passages but often held in the Explorer Lounge with a sign outside. I have NEVER been asked if I was invited and NEVER seen a sign-in sheet.  Regent does a great job and provides enough finger food for an army of attendees.

PS: I wear a "name" tag with my call sign -helps with the conversation.

14 hours ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

With all due respect, it could get kind of embarrassing for the host/hostess to plan for a smaller number of people and then have a larger number of people show up unexpectedly - leaving them to scramble for more refreshments and/or even outgrowing the original venue.  Not a comfortable situation for anyone.

In most circumstances, I'd agree. But this isn't a house party. There's a bar at the venue, and the snacks are usually easy to supplement. It's almost always in one corner of a larger venue. But truth is, I've never been to a M&M where everyone who signed up showed up, so there will undoubtedly be plenty of everything to spare. 

• Like 3

Just now, wishIweretravelling said:

In most circumstances, I'd agree. But this isn't a house party. There's a bar at the venue, and the snacks are usually easy to supplement. It's almost always in one corner of a larger venue. But truth is, I've never been to a M&M where everyone who signed up showed up, so there will undoubtedly be plenty of everything to spare. 

I agree, and it's not as if the numbers are really high.  A few extra people wouldn't really make any difference.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kwaj girl said:

Hmmmm... I signed up months ago but did not receive invitation/notification of the date/time or venue!  Guess I missed it today!

Too bad.  I think I preferred the old days when there was no sponsored party, we just arranged to meet among ourselves!

• Like 1

I also signed up months ago and never received an invitation.  Am sorry to have missed it .  We always attend.   

I would not hesitate to show up without an invite.   I would have asked at reception yesterday but just assumed we would get an invite as we always do.

On 12/8/2019 at 3:22 PM, Kwaj girl said:

Hmmmm... I signed up months ago but did not receive invitation/notification of the date/time or venue!  Guess I missed it today!

7 minutes ago, Eager2Travel said:

We had hoped to meet Sheila and Herb as well as the others but as we didn’t get an invite 

we missed them and all the other CC attendees at the M and M.

Not quite sure what went wrong.

8 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

Hopefully you met Bellagio Cruisers (Sheila and Herb from NY and FL . )??  They are on board the Explorer now.

Guess what! We never received the invitation either.    
 When I phoned the desk late morning I was advised we just missed it. 
so if you see me onboard in my red scooter, please stop and say hello!

sheila and Herb

That is not a good situation for all of you on your Roll Call.

Makes me think that once the date for our M&M is announced I will send out the info myself by email to everyone for whom I have an address... (we are 49 on the list right now).

Sheila and Herb - enjoy your cruise!!

• Like 1

On 12/10/2019 at 2:21 AM, Hambagahle said:

That is not a good situation for all of you on your Roll Call.

Makes me think that once the date for our M&M is announced I will send out the info myself by email to everyone for whom I have an address... (we are 49 on the list right now).

Sheila and Herb - enjoy your cruise!!

I will write to you when I get home. Delightful cruise. Very relaxing. 
hugs

sheila

You wouldnt think this is so difficult for Regent  to get right. Yes, I agree with Wendy the Wanderer, organic organization via Roll Call is better. After all, we don't need for Regent to organize free booze and food, its available everywhere!

Sheila, glad to hear you're having a relaxing cruise!

• Like 1