Jump to content

Meet and Mingle Explorer now


Troban
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello, late to party but on Explorer now, did not sign up for CC Meet and Mingle, went to reception they told me since I was not on manifest for the get together nothing they could do. Anyone on here know how I can join at this point?  I think it’s tomorrow. Our first sea day. 
 

Thank you 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think if you go to this link you can sign up:  https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcall/

select your ship and cruise date and you should be able to sign up.  I think it's ridiculous that you can't attend  without being on the manifest.  I realize they need to plan a bit for these things but it's not like food and drinks are not already included in everyone's cruise fares.  I hope you have a great cruise whether you attend or not.  Don't let it ruin your sea day.  Enjoy the beautiful ship.  I wish you calm seas and a happy, healthy cruise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, lbastida01 said:

I think it's ridiculous that you can't attend  without being on the manifest.  I realize they need to plan a bit for these things but it's not like food and drinks are not already included in everyone's cruise fares.  

 

With all due respect, it could get kind of embarrassing for the host/hostess to plan for a smaller number of people and then have a larger number of people show up unexpectedly - leaving them to scramble for more refreshments and/or even outgrowing the original venue.  Not a comfortable situation for anyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Troban said:

Hello, late to party but on Explorer now, did not sign up for CC Meet and Mingle, went to reception they told me since I was not on manifest for the get together nothing they could do. Anyone on here know how I can join at this point?  I think it’s tomorrow. Our first sea day. 
 

Thank you 

I can't believe this: Reception must have it wrong! Yes, it's not in Passages but often held in the Explorer Lounge with a sign outside. I have NEVER been asked if I was invited and NEVER seen a sign-in sheet.  Regent does a great job and provides enough finger food for an army of attendees.

PS: I wear a "name" tag with my call sign -helps with the conversation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

 

With all due respect, it could get kind of embarrassing for the host/hostess to plan for a smaller number of people and then have a larger number of people show up unexpectedly - leaving them to scramble for more refreshments and/or even outgrowing the original venue.  Not a comfortable situation for anyone.

 

In most circumstances, I'd agree. But this isn't a house party. There's a bar at the venue, and the snacks are usually easy to supplement. It's almost always in one corner of a larger venue. But truth is, I've never been to a M&M where everyone who signed up showed up, so there will undoubtedly be plenty of everything to spare. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, wishIweretravelling said:

 

In most circumstances, I'd agree. But this isn't a house party. There's a bar at the venue, and the snacks are usually easy to supplement. It's almost always in one corner of a larger venue. But truth is, I've never been to a M&M where everyone who signed up showed up, so there will undoubtedly be plenty of everything to spare. 

 

I agree, and it's not as if the numbers are really high.  A few extra people wouldn't really make any difference.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Kwaj girl said:

Hmmmm... I signed up months ago but did not receive invitation/notification of the date/time or venue!  Guess I missed it today!

 

Too bad.  I think I preferred the old days when there was no sponsored party, we just arranged to meet among ourselves!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also signed up months ago and never received an invitation.  Am sorry to have missed it .  We always attend.   

 

I would not hesitate to show up without an invite.   I would have asked at reception yesterday but just assumed we would get an invite as we always do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2019 at 3:22 PM, Kwaj girl said:

Hmmmm... I signed up months ago but did not receive invitation/notification of the date/time or venue!  Guess I missed it today!

 

7 minutes ago, Eager2Travel said:

We had hoped to meet Sheila and Herb as well as the others but as we didn’t get an invite 

we missed them and all the other CC attendees at the M and M.

 

Not quite sure what went wrong.

 

8 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

Hopefully you met Bellagio Cruisers (Sheila and Herb from NY and FL . )??  They are on board the Explorer now.

Guess what! We never received the invitation either.    
 When I phoned the desk late morning I was advised we just missed it. 
so if you see me onboard in my red scooter, please stop and say hello!

sheila and Herb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That is not a good situation for all of you on your Roll Call.

 

Makes me think that once the date for our M&M is announced I will send out the info myself by email to everyone for whom I have an address... (we are 49 on the list right now).

 

Sheila and Herb - enjoy your cruise!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/10/2019 at 2:21 AM, Hambagahle said:

That is not a good situation for all of you on your Roll Call.

 

Makes me think that once the date for our M&M is announced I will send out the info myself by email to everyone for whom I have an address... (we are 49 on the list right now).

 

Sheila and Herb - enjoy your cruise!!

I will write to you when I get home. Delightful cruise. Very relaxing. 
hugs

sheila

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You wouldnt think this is so difficult for Regent  to get right. Yes, I agree with Wendy the Wanderer, organic organization via Roll Call is better. After all, we don't need for Regent to organize free booze and food, its available everywhere!

 

Sheila, glad to hear you're having a relaxing cruise!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...