Need some advise please

ColoRockiesFan

Hi all, 

I am currently onboard the Koningsdam. Such a beautiful ship! The crew is wonderful!

However, I have a problem that I cannot seem to solve. Four days ago, I had one acupuncture appointment (it really worked) and I signed up for 3 more sessions. Then, I had second thoughts and cancelled the other 3 . For some reason, neither the spa nor guest services will remove the charges for the 3 cancelled sessions. I've spoken with managers at the spa. One told me the charges were cancelled. They weren't. Today, another manager said I needed to speak to the acupuncturist. I refused as it is NOT needed. Then, I was told that another manager would cancel the charges as soon as she got off the phone. ARGH! 

I am tired of being shuttled back and forth. I want these charges OFF so I don't need to deal with this for the rest of the cruise.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

The rest of the cruise has been exceptional. 

2 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Speak to a supervisor at the Front Desk (now commonly called "Customer Service" Desk). If that doesn't work, talk to a higher supervisor.

I also agree with CruiserBruce!!

I can not imagine those other appts. Even being charged out to you later. I agree to me I would ask for the higher up the chain supervisor at customer service to fix this problem!

Please get back to us to let us know how 

things turn out.

Denise😊

• Like 1

This happened to us once.  We had a 'trial session' and afterwards we booked a course of 'couples sessions'.  However, we changed our minds overnight and just went to the acupuncturist and explained that we did not want to continue the course, but were happy to pay for the 'trial session' if deemed necessary.

Although she was a bit 'iffy' about it, the charges were removed immediately.

In your case, as you have already escalated to the manager of the spa, I would try to speak with the acupuncturist (I believe they are separate contractors to the spa) and if that fails then the front desk and hotel manager in that order.

8 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

This happened to us once.  We had a 'trial session' and afterwards we booked a course of 'couples sessions'.  However, we changed our minds overnight and just went to the acupuncturist and explained that we did not want to continue the course, but were happy to pay for the 'trial session' if deemed necessary.

Although she was a bit 'iffy' about it, the charges were removed immediately.

In your case, as you have already escalated to the manager of the spa, I would try to speak with the acupuncturist (I believe they are separate contractors to the spa) and if that fails then the front desk and hotel manager in that order.

Excellent point!

Denise😊

2 minutes ago, oldpharmguy said:

Would you mind quoting the price per session?  Will be on K-dam in February.    Thanks

I was  responding to VMax1700 that he should go directly to acupuncturist! You should direct that question to ColoRockiesfan.

Have a great cruise 

Denise😊

Finally resolved. YEA!

After multiple visits to both the spa and Guest Services, I finally spoke to the Spa Manager in person (Lucinda). She removed the charges immediately. It took 3 minutes. Not a single one of her staff (or the Front Desk) suggested that the Spa Manager is the only person who can remove acupuncture charges (I think they are worried about liability). BTW, the person who identified herself as a manager yesterday, was NOT a manager. She was the real manager's assistant. 

The Acupuncturist is amazing. He is Japanese (his name is pronounced KO-Hay). He is certified in acupuncture, chiropractic techniques, and pharmacy. The cost for one visit is $179 + 15% gratuity for a total of about $194 ...  The total for 4 sessions, if I had continued, was $690. 

I am not impressed with this particular spa. The constant pushing of products is endless (they tried to sell me some shoe inserts for $199 or $350 for 2 pairs) and the masseuse (reflexology) tried to sell me about $450 worth of gels and other potions to fix my foot/neck and back issues.

That said, the acupuncturist and masseuse were excellent. 

Edited by ColoRockiesFan
add info
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ColoRockiesFan said:

I am not impressed with this particular spa. The constant pushing of products is endless (they tried to sell me some shoe inserts for $199 or $350 for 2 pairs) and the masseuse (reflexology) tried to sell me about $450 worth of gels and other potions to fix my foot/neck and back issues.

I stopped going to the spas years ago. When I get a massage I want to relax...not be bombarded with sales pitches. 

• Like 3

So glad you get the charges removed.  Now you can enjoy the rest of your cruise worry-free.

We use the thermal pass on cruises that are more than a couple of sea days or on cruises where we've been to the ports multiple times and don't plan on being off the ship for hours, if at all.  My husband once made the mistake of getting a facial, which he enjoyed; however, the lady doing the facial ruined the experience during the last ten minutes when she tried to sell him multiple skin products.  He politely told her he wasn't interested, but she kept pushing to the point he didn't think he was going to get out of the spa at all until he agreed.  Long story short, he finally backed away with her still pursuing, products in hand.  When he returned to our cabin, he shook his head and said, "Never again."  After that, I knew better than to mention the spa for anything other than the thermal pass.  

3 hours ago, ColoRockiesFan said:

Finally resolved. YEA!

After multiple visits to both the spa and Guest Services, I finally spoke to the Spa Manager in person (Lucinda). She removed the charges immediately. It took 3 minutes. Not a single one of her staff (or the Front Desk) suggested that the Spa Manager is the only person who can remove acupuncture charges (I think they are worried about liability). BTW, the person who identified herself as a manager yesterday, was NOT a manager. She was the real manager's assistant. 

The Acupuncturist is amazing. He is Japanese (his name is pronounced KO-Hay). He is certified in acupuncture, chiropractic techniques, and pharmacy. The cost for one visit is $179 + 15% gratuity for a total of about $194 ...  The total for 4 sessions, if I had continued, was $690. 

That said, the acupuncturist and masseuse were excellent. 

One can have these treatments done at home at established professional practices with more competitive prices.  There is no reason to do this on a cruise ship.  While you were lucky enough to find a competent acupuncturist, cruise ships spa services and products are often questionable at best.

What you went through to cancel appointments pretty much says it all.

igraf

If these spas are license by the same company that CCL partners with, my experience is that they have no integrity.  I had a haircut on the Carnival Pride in 2017, asking for my hair to be cut to my shoulder blades.  The stylist pulled my hair up dry, and cut it haphazardly, down to my ears.  It looked ridiculous, and the stylist started laughing, "Oh my goodness!  Haha, you can still pull it back into a little manbun, if you just have to have your hair like that."

Customer service said it was up to the spa manager, being a different company.  The Spa Manager refunded my purchase, offered a scalp massage, but refused to meet with me to show her my haircut.

The next day I met a guy who got a $35 shave by the same stylist, which was so quick that he had to finish the shave in his cabin.  Not wanted to cause any trouble himself, I called the spa manager back to explain that there was a pattern.  My response was, "Who is he?  I want his name!  Why are you calling for him?  Tell him to meet me, I'll even talk to him around the corner.  I want his name!  What's his cabin number?  Why don't you want to solve this with a scalp massage?"

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor