First Celebrity questions, Formal nights & restaurant

shoshoi

Hello, I'll be on Edge on Dec22. It is my first time Celebrity and so excited.
I have questions, which date would be the formal nights? I just called on Celebrity customer service and she said unknown yet. But I really need to know for making the reservations.

Dose any one know the dates or anywhere I can find out?

And I would like to have the suggestions for the restaurant. I need to book 1 night with my friends, which restaurant would be nice? We are late 50th, 2 Asian couples.

Thank you so much

10 minutes ago, shoshoi said:

Hello, I'll be on Edge on Dec22. It is my first time Celebrity and so excited.
I have questions, which date would be the formal nights? I just called on Celebrity customer service and she said unknown yet. But I really need to know for making the reservations.

Dose any one know the dates or anywhere I can find out?

And I would like to have the suggestions for the restaurant. I need to book 1 night with my friends, which restaurant would be nice? We are late 50th, 2 Asian couples.

Thank you so much

Welcome to Cruise Critic! There are Chic nights on Celebrity but no more traditional formal nights.  The dress is more like dressy casual.  But you can also dress in formal attire if you would like.  A few people still do. Generally the  two Chic nights correspond with At Sea days but you would need to specify which Edge itinerary you are sailing to get an exact answer.   There are very good dining choices on Edge and if you go to the Edge web page you can review the dining choices.  Or you can go to your cruise planner and look at the dining choices and reserve in advance.  It is always hard to get opinions on dining since it is tailored to your own tastes.

Edited by TeeRick

13 minutes ago, shoshoi said:

Hello, I'll be on Edge on Dec22. 
I have questions, which date would be the formal nights?

"Normally", the chic nights are the second and sixth night.  Being you are on a holiday cruise, it might vary.  You can book, and then when you get on the ship try to change if necessary if there is availability.

The dress for men on chic nights vary from  smart casual, a minimum, to full formal, at your discretion. 

The evening dress code is spelled out on the Celebrity website.  If you click on menu, then Search and type in dress code you’ll get it.  I would cut and paste it if I could figure out how to do that on my iPad.  And I believe the dress code only applies to the MDR and the theatre, not the buffet or specialty restaurants (but stand to be corrected here).  

Some men will wear tuxedos, some will wear business suits, some will wear sport coats and trousers, some will wear pullover sweaters and jeans, some will wear collared shirt and khakis,

no shorts, no beachwear, no ball caps, no flip flops, most men will “make an effort”

3 hours ago, thon said:

The evening dress code is spelled out on the Celebrity website.  If you click on menu, then Search and type in dress code you’ll get it.  I would cut and paste it if I could figure out how to do that on my iPad.  And I believe the dress code only applies to the MDR and the theatre, not the buffet or specialty restaurants (but stand to be corrected here).  

you are correct smart casual is the dress code in Specialties, Luminae and Blu. I stand corrected in that evening chic applies to theater but I’ve never seen it enforced.

If you download the Celebrity app you can see the menus for each night of your cruise as well as the menus for specialty dining. On the Equinox Christmas cruise week there is no special Christmas Eve or Christmas Day menu in the MDR- Day 2 and day 6 are the “chic” nights. I am not familiar with the specialty restaurants on the Edge but they have all that info on the app

Menu's started showing up about 4 weeks pre cruise but they were not accurate, they kept changing the order. Our 1st full day was in Key West, the next day was a sea day and that was the 1st evening chic night. The next to the last day was a port day and also the 2nd evening chic night.  We only had 2 sea days on this trip and I've never seen them do an evening chic the night before you disembark.