Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Maggiegold

Registering for roll call and Meet and Mingle

We are booked on the Celebrity Reflection Feb 10 to S Caribbean . I am trying to register to the Roll Call and make a post but not working for me.

28 minutes ago, Maggiegold said:

We are booked on the Celebrity Reflection Feb 10 to S Caribbean . I am trying to register to the Roll Call and make a post but not working for me.

Are you using the "Find Your Roll Call" link?  It's my understanding that it doesn't work well for actually connecting with your Roll Call.

If you haven't done so - go to the main Roll Call forum, scroll down to locate the Celebrity Roll Calls, and click that link.  Then scroll down to find the Reflection Roll Calls and click that link.  Once there you'll need to look through the threads to locate your specific roll call and click on that link.  There you can post, discuss, sign up for things.

Howdy @Maggiegold and welcome to posting on the Cruise Critic message board! emo22.gif

To "register" to a Roll Call means all you have to do is make a post on the Roll Call thread. If there is a fellow Cruise Critic member sailing with you already on the thread that might be keeping a list, you let them know in your post to add you to their list.

If you are wanting to register for the Cruise Critic Connections party hosted by Celebrity Cruises during your cruise, you do that on the Celebrity Cruises website here: https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-critic-connections

I see you posted a new thread on the Reflection Roll Call forum titled Hello Fellow Cruisers by using the Start new topic button on the forum. You should have used the Reply to this topic button on the existing Roll Call thread for your cruise titled February 10, 2020 Reflection. To help you out, I have merged your new thread into the existing thread. Click here https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2606329-february-10-2020-reflection/ to go to the thread. I see you have since found the thread and correctly made another post.

Also, it appears you are not following your Roll Call thread to get notification when there is a new post. Perhaps this portion of What is a Roll Call? Everything you Need to Know will be helpful:

Once you have located your ROLL CALL topic for your line, ship and sail date, you should either bookmark the URL, or follow the discussion so that you will receive e-mail notification of new posts.

To follow a ROLL CALL topic or any topic on any forum:

• Click Follow at the top of the topic
  • Choose how you would like to be alerted:    
    • One email per day with all new content from that day
    • One email per week with all new content from that week
    • Do not send me any notifications
    •  Let others see that I follow this
  • Save your choices by clicking the follow button at the bottom of the list.
  • Please note: If you are a new member, your preference is set to automatically follow any topic that you start or reply to.  You will receive an email and notification when any new content is posted to your followed topics.  You can always change your preferences by clicking on your member name and choosing Manage Followed Content from the drop down menu.

In the future if you ever want to locate your previous posts, you can find out how here: How to Find your Own Posts

For help on how to reply, quote and multi-quote:

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif