Is Coastal Kitchen on Oasis cramped?

mafig

I just saw a youtube video of Coastal Kitchen on Oasis and it seemed smaller than I imagined.

Also, the tables seemed really close together.

We always get a table for two .... there were quite a few of those, but they were inches away from the next table for two. 

Is that how it is in "real life.?"

Also, are reservations required for dinner?

When can we make them?

• 1 month later...

the ones against the back wall dont seem fun at all. showing people next to you  your butt or your front as you get in.  but i'm curious how necessary reservations are for this venue? on ncl i dont even think you can do reservations on haven and worst wait we had was 10 min or less. i hate having to plan dinner times as we dont know what we are doing day to day.

how many people are in suites that have access to CK. on the ship i was on i asked, just 288 in haven. i'm assuming a bit more have access to CK?

im not a boozer so love the idea of a few hours a day free booze in the lounge and free bottle water is an even better perk as ncl is 54 a case which is crazy. 

also from what i gather the CK menu changes which is fantastic. are the menus for the week available up front from day one?

On 12/8/2019 at 11:48 AM, mafig said:

I just saw a youtube video of Coastal Kitchen on Oasis and it seemed smaller than I imagined.

Also, the tables seemed really close together.

We always get a table for two .... there were quite a few of those, but they were inches away from the next table for two. 

Is that how it is in "real life.?"

Also, are reservations required for dinner?

When can we make them?

I think CK on Oasis is decent size... and yes the two tops are somewhat close together... no different that the MDR. As stated if you are in a GS or higher you can make reservation (dinner) through the concierge about 6 days ahead of time. if you are in a Junior Suite you have to make them on board

This is our fist time on the oasis class and our first time in a JS.  We prefer to eat early - Essentially 5:30, though we are open to even 5PM. Are reservations open to JS for dinner only on a night by night basis or can I make reservations for all nights upon boarding. There are just two of us and we are sailing on February 9th, BTW.

4 minutes ago, GSRDPM said:

This is our fist time on the oasis class and our first time in a JS.  We prefer to eat early - Essentially 5:30, though we are open to even 5PM. Are reservations open to JS for dinner only on a night by night basis or can I make reservations for all nights upon boarding. There are just two of us and we are sailing on February 9th, BTW.

I believe you can make them all at once. when you get there... however, that doens't mean you will get the same time each night. be prepared for that

If you're in a GS or higher, just go over to the suite lounge, which is in the same place, have a drink and the hostess will come get you when your table is ready. Of course, check in with CK desk when you arrive. I've never had to wait more than a wine or two. (And I drink more than I talk, Ha!)  No worries....:-) 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

I think CK on Oasis is decent size... and yes the two tops are somewhat close together... no different that the MDR. As stated if you are in a GS or higher you can make reservation (dinner) through the concierge about 6 days ahead of time. if you are in a Junior Suite you have to make them on board

How do you contact the concierge to make reservations? Or, do they contact you before the cruise?

Just now, orville99 said:

How do you contact the concierge to make reservations? Or, do they contact you before the cruise?

The concierge may contact you during the week before the cruise.

You can also use the document below to get the email address and send the request yourself.  I would send the request during the cruise before yours.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=0

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

The concierge may contact you during the week before the cruise.

You can also use the document below to get the email address and send the request yourself.  I would send the request during the cruise before yours.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=0

Thanks Bob.

3 hours ago, TYMAN said:

If you're in a GS or higher, just go over to the suite lounge, which is in the same place, have a drink and the hostess will come get you when your table is ready. Of course, check in with CK desk when you arrive. I've never had to wait more than a wine or two. (And I drink more than I talk, Ha!)  No worries....:-) 

That is a very scary statement! 😄 

I found CK very noisy , really was not impressed, do love the view . We have done 7 suites and always got a email from concierge approximately 5 days before cruise. Much prefer celebrity suite dinning room and msc yacht club dinning room. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Blondiemomm said:

What time does CK open on Embarkment day? Can I board early and head straight there for lunch? 11 am ish?

Opens at noon, but you can head up to SL for a snack and adult beverage as soon as you board

If you need more info email me

Jmdurland at msn dot com

• Like 3

On 1/13/2020 at 1:50 PM, Tulsacoker said:

if you are in a GS or higher the Concierge will (should) email you about 6 day prior to your sail date. I respond to that email requesting what you preference is on dinner time for each evening or a standing time each evening  

We have never received an email from Concierge 6 days out. Typically for us, 3-4 days out.