Some well known phrases come to mind:

you get what you pay for

don’t project the outcome

accept the things you can’t change, change the things you can

if I pay for a VW, I can’t expect a Porsche

it is what it is

this too shall pass

I am a victim of my own expectations

How about this one: don't read between the lines...… the new guarantee means the lowest cabins they can find 210 days out?.....it's Christmas for some so we have to believe....thanks to the nevergr8fuls...LOL

1 hour ago, gr8fulforcruising said:

How about this one: don't read between the lines...… the new guarantee means the lowest cabins they can find 210 days out?.....it's Christmas for some so we have to believe....thanks to the nevergr8fuls...LOL

Guarantees may be assigned at any time after booking and only guarantee ANY cabin in the category the Guarantee is for. They do NOT guarantee any upgrades based on loyalty or anything else. It seems you were the one doing a lot of assuming - based on status, based on past experience, etc. - and not really grasping what you were booking.

2 hours ago, gr8fulforcruising said:

Exactly!🤗

On 12/8/2019 at 2:23 PM, Redtravel said:

Booking a gty cabin is always a gamble. I only book it if it will save me significantly.  Never book a gty in a category lower than you can stand.  Don’t book a 2D if you know that you will not be happy.  I have booked gty many times on Celebrity.  I have had a variety of experiences.  Just because you were assigned a cabin, don’t assume it will be set. On one cruise I was assigned and reassigned 3 times before embarkation.  Nothing is set until you board.  At embarkation, you may get a change.  Relax and just let it play out.

With the new bidding for upgrades, don’t expect any upgrades just because you are a captains club member.  One of the benefits of being a loyal guest includes a one category upgrade.  Book a 2C and pay the 2D fare.  If you hate 2Ds, don’t book them.  2Ds on Solstice ships are in great locations....deck 6 midship.  Many of the 2Cs are not in good locations. Had a 2C aft over the ensemble lounge.  Heard noise from below until after midnight. The obstructed view in either 2D or 2C is minimal.  

On 12/13/2019 at 12:56 PM, JKHawaii said:

This is a quote from Cruise Critic's 10 Oct 2019 article on guaranteed cabins:

"Celebrity Cruises

How It Works: Celebrity passengers can choose a category type (inside, outside, etc.) and pay a price lower than the regular fares for that category. They will be berthed in a cabin within the chosen category -- so no chance of a free upgrade. (Upgrades are only available when the line is running a free-upgrade promotion.)"

Why should Celebrity give free upgrades when they can get people to bid on upgrades?

A few days ago I downgraded from an IV to an ocean view balcony a substantial savings. The GTY and choose your own were the same price so with my captains club status I was able to snag a one category upgrade in a great location.  I see the price of choosing your own cabin has now gone up.