Mahahual Beach Clubs offering PAYG

mscloyd

It seems like a lot of the beach clubs OFFER all-inclusive rates, but I am trying to find out which of those places will also allow you to pay as you go. We will be arriving in port at 10:00 a.m. (January) and have an excursion at 1:00 p.m. that leaves from Yaya Beach Club and will return by 2:30 p.m.  I am thinking by the time we get off the ship and get to Mahahual, we will only have a little time to walk around and maybe eat a light lunch before our excursion so thought we would wait until after the excursion to grab a chair for the rest of the afternoon.  There are 2 other ships in port that day, both arriving at 8:00 a.m. so we will be the last ship in port.  But, the other ships also leave at 5 and ours doesn't leave until 7.  We might get a drink or two but wouldn't be drinking all day so I'm not sure an AI would be worth it for us.  Just trying to figure out our best option. Anyone have any advice on whether we would be better to reserve lounge chairs or just wait and take our chances.

On 12/8/2019 at 7:09 PM, mscloyd said:

It seems like a lot of the beach clubs OFFER all-inclusive rates, but I am trying to find out which of those places will also allow you to pay as you go. We will be arriving in port at 10:00 a.m. (January) and have an excursion at 1:00 p.m. that leaves from Yaya Beach Club and will return by 2:30 p.m.  I am thinking by the time we get off the ship and get to Mahahual, we will only have a little time to walk around and maybe eat a light lunch before our excursion so thought we would wait until after the excursion to grab a chair for the rest of the afternoon.  There are 2 other ships in port that day, both arriving at 8:00 a.m. so we will be the last ship in port.  But, the other ships also leave at 5 and ours doesn't leave until 7.  We might get a drink or two but wouldn't be drinking all day so I'm not sure an AI would be worth it for us.  Just trying to figure out our best option. Anyone have any advice on whether we would be better to reserve lounge chairs or just wait and take our chances.

I would highly recommend new beach club Malecon21 for your purpose. You can sit on terrace for PAYG or $10pp minimum consumption to use lounger on the beach.  Further south from Yaya next to Nohoch Kay. Open until 11pm!

Edited by c-leg5