No excursions at some ports in April?

PrincessPete

Hi, we are on the 19 night Arcadia Mediterranean cruise in April. I was looking on the Cruise Personaliser at the shore excursions for our 9 ports and see that in 3 of them it says "no shore excursions available in this port". (Ajaccio, Elba, Genoa).

Does anyone think some will appear for them in due course? It just seems strange they can be booked for 6 of the ports and the other 3 have nothing. I know it is still some way ahead but the fact tours are available for 6 ports only confused me!

Gave up trying to get through to P&O so just wondered if anyone had thoughts on this.

Many thanks and kind regards. Peter

Edited by PrincessPete
Spelling

16 minutes ago, PrincessPete said:

Does anyone think some will appear for them in due course? 

I am not a gambler but I think the statement "you could bet your house on that one" comes to mind.  There's money to be made in selling tours!

Probably the ongoing website issues at play.

It seems to me that April is a changeover or contract starting month

I recall our April trip from 2016, where I was so exasperated I wrote to the then CEO, Christopher Edgington about my frustration.  The CP was just the same, with some ports well provided but all the Greek ones empty

They all filled eventually, we did get to the Corinth Canal, and we had a great trip but the build up could have been better

Serves P&O right if they lose custom to Cruising Excursions and the like, who seem to be more on top of their game

I never do P&O excursions.  So much easier and nicer to DIY.  So much info on the web to enable you to do some fantastic things and save a bomb.  For instance, first port on this cruise is Lisbon.  We are catching the train to Sintra.  It will cost 8 Euros return.