Best Place to eat and shop

Kharwood

6 minutes ago, Kharwood said:

That is a great question, I'm not sure, but I'm cruising on RC, if that helps!

If it is a large ship it will be International and you will have shopping at the port, or to the right, opposite Puerta Maya,  and at Puerta Maya (Carnival port) itself. Also restaurants at that pier. Some restaurants at International but nothing I would call authentic. We recently spent a pleasant day at Del Mar Latino AI, 5 minutes to left of International. Other places include Ernestos and Paprika.

Smaller ships sometimes dock in town at Punta Langosta where there are multiple choices for local restaurants.

There used to be a blue food truck across the road from the International Pier,  But not sure if it's there any more since the development with Maragaritaville and additional shopping opened up.  But as C-Legs said, you have a choice from that pier.  Go right and go to Puerta Maya shopping area and visit Pancho's Back Yard.  Or go left and walk toward town.  Several smaller places along the way up to Sunset Beach.  Including Del Mar Latino.

If you want real authentic food, you need to get away from the ports and away from the main street, Rafael Melgar.  All the "tourist" stops are there, and food is more expensive and more Americanized.  Real food will be at least 2-3 blocks inland.  

Take a taxi downtown, about $6 from your pier, and then walk around the whole shopping district.  Town is dozens of blocks deep from the oceanfront, with literally at least a hundred shops and restaurants and things to see.  It is a lovely town, don't be afraid to walk around, and don't be afraid to ask a local for directions.  Tourism is the ONLY business for the island so everyone wants you to have a great time on their island.  

I recommend La Choza restaurant, google it for a map, or just ask your taxi driver.  There are lots of restaurants like this, but its our favorite.  

20190419_111305-XL.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2019 at 8:17 PM, ABQrobin said:

If you want real authentic food, you need to get away from the ports and away from the main street, Rafael Melgar.  All the "tourist" stops are there, and food is more expensive and more Americanized.  Real food will be at least 2-3 blocks inland.  

Take a taxi downtown, about $6 from your pier, and then walk around the whole shopping district.  Town is dozens of blocks deep from the oceanfront, with literally at least a hundred shops and restaurants and things to see.  It is a lovely town, don't be afraid to walk around, and don't be afraid to ask a local for directions.  Tourism is the ONLY business for the island so everyone wants you to have a great time on their island.  

I recommend La Choza restaurant, google it for a map, or just ask your taxi driver.  There are lots of restaurants like this, but its our favorite.  

20190419_111305-XL.jpg

Hello, 

I'll be in Cozumel Feb. 5th on NCL Sun we dock at Punta Langosta. I'd like to go to La Choza. I'm doing a snorkeling excursion that starts at 8:30 lasts 3.5 hours. Should be over at noon. I need to be back on  board at 4pm would I have enough time to take the taxi and have lunch at La Choza? If not can you recommend an authentic place closer to the pier?

Thank you, Tracie 

15 hours ago, tmt3698 said:

Hello, 

I'll be in Cozumel Feb. 5th on NCL Sun we dock at Punta Langosta. I'd like to go to La Choza. I'm doing a snorkeling excursion that starts at 8:30 lasts 3.5 hours. Should be over at noon. I need to be back on  board at 4pm would I have enough time to take the taxi and have lunch at La Choza? If not can you recommend an authentic place closer to the pier?

Thank you, Tracie 

yes, plenty of time.  It is right downtown, about 3 blocks from waterfront.  All the taxi drivers know it, so just ask for LaChoza.  Or you can walk there or walk back to pier.  If you Google it, or go on TripAdvisor, you can see it on the map.  Its almost straight inland from your pier.

29 minutes ago, ABQrobin said:

yes, plenty of time.  It is right downtown, about 3 blocks from waterfront.  All the taxi drivers know it, so just ask for LaChoza.  Or you can walk there or walk back to pier.  If you Google it, or go on TripAdvisor, you can see it on the map.  Its almost straight inland from your pier.

Okay thank you!