FAO Bonnie re. Azamazing evening, Quest 28/3

cinnamon

Hi Bonnie, we will be on the Quest sailing from Dubai to Athens on 28th March. Many of us on the Roll Call are booking tours but unfortunately the Azamazing evening has not yet been posted. Whilst we want to take tours that utilise the time in port, we don’t want to clash with what could be a very special night. 

Could you please find out if the date date has been set?

Many thanks,

Corinne. 

13 minutes ago, cinnamon said:

Hi Bonnie, we will be on the Quest sailing from Dubai to Athens on 28th March. Many of us on the Roll Call are booking tours but unfortunately the Azamazing evening has not yet been posted. Whilst we want to take tours that utilise the time in port, we don’t want to clash with what could be a very special night. 

Many thanks,

Corinne. 

That cruise might be considered to be "repositioning" in which case there would be no Azamazing Evening.

11 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

That cruise might be considered to be "repositioning" in which case there would be no Azamazing Evening.

No Azamazing evening on TAs but there has been in the past on these Middle East repositioning cruises. 

2 hours ago, cinnamon said:

Many thanks,

Corinne. 

I'll see what I can find out for you.

There has been discussion on the Roll Call.

Two people have been given conflicting dates (both at Aqaba) for the Azamazing Evening.

We most certainly did have an Azamazing Evening (from Aqaba to Wadi Rum) on the reverse of this itinerary in 2017.

• Like 1

I’m not sure where this repositioning cruise not having an Azamazing Evening comes from. Bonnie posted similar on our roll call for Journey 5th January 2020.  The website is clear.  Transatlantics and cruises of less than 7 days are the only ones that don’t have them. FWIW, I’ve done numerous Suez cruises and have always had an Azamazing Evening (except once with an itinerary alteration).  Wadi Rum in Jordan is a favourite.

From the Azamara website:

Each private, bespoke AzAmazing Evenings event delivers authentic travel moments that bring you closer to your destination, its culture and its people. Best of all, one is included with our compliments on all cruises except transatlantic crossings and voyages that are less than seven nights long.

It does seem to often take a long time to post details of Azamazing Evenings.  We have only just received the official word on our 5th January 2020 LA to Papeete cruise.  The focus on them doesn’t seem as strong as it once was.  A sign that Azamara might be having a rethink on them?  I hope not.  

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 1

I know colours of the Caribbean was put in place because azamazing evenings could not happen on the November December Journey Cruises however I hope despite enjoying it these do not become replacements for azamazing evening. 

Indeed the ship was at pains to put out a communication following the first of these evenings to remind guests that they were not replacements for azamazing evenings but something unique. 

Whilst I enjoyed the evenings and certainly appreciated the effort made to bring us something at the last minute they were not at all as an exciting as going off ship to an iconic venue. They were much more on a par with the evenings we are local artists are brought on board to sing and dance although I accept the artists involved in the evenings I saw were all possibly higher calibre than artists brought on for folklore shows. 

logistically they have to go through a process of separating guests into two groups by the guest preference on whether to eat first or watch the show first. So you don’t quite get a whole shift experience that you do when you go ashore for the evening and this did on our first cruise lead to a little bit of discontent because the first group got there show  without any impact from weather and the second groups show had to be curtailed because of the changing weather. 

I hope the Azamazing evenings are continuing and that the late posting is not as a result of a wider review. I certainly would like to know what evenings my events might be on for 2020 as I am already working through long day excursion planning

• Like 1

I agree with Phil. We’ve done the Suez cruise 3 times and always had an Azamazing evening. Once it was in Cyprus (bit of a disaster because it was in the Troodos mountains & no-one suggested bringing coats as it gets very cold in the evenings in the mountains - the event had to be abandoned half way through as everyone was frozen). The second time was in Safaga, Egypt & they did it on the ship. It was excellent, they had little ‘stalls’ where you could have your fortune told, or have your hands ‘henna’d’ plus snake charmers and whirling dervishes. The last one was in Wadi Rum from Aqaba. A lovely setting, but quite a boring show as it was folk dancing - all men and one dance looked very much like the next, and the next, and the next!

• Like 1

Bonnie:  We are on the 3/28 Quest departure from Dubai, and staying onboard for the b-2-b from Athens for the 9 day Intensive Israel sailing.  We have two overnights in Israel--is it possible to find out which night will be the Azamazing evening?  Like the others, we're working to plan excursions, and want to ensure we onboard to enjoy this unique experience!

Thanks,

Steve

On 12/9/2019 at 2:23 PM, cinnamon said:

Many thanks,

Corinne. 

Hi Cinnamon,

sorry for the delay! 

Your Azamazing Evening will be in Aqaba, Jordan on April 9th. 

Details for the entertainment are still being sorted out. Please watch your voyage planner for more information to come.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, DRJVH said:

Can’t see any Azamazing evening for Quest sailing 23 April 2020 Athens to Venice 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Shame my question hasn’t been answered either. Even though I’ve asked twice☹️
maybe 3rd time lucky🤞🏻🤞🏻