Upsell?

cruzn fun

1 hour ago, cruzn fun said:

Hello I am currently in cabin D424 on the Royal. Received an upsell to a junior suite. Would you do it? We are on the hump. Trying to decide if bigger cabin is worth balcony on jr suite? 

D424 is an angled balcony, so your balcony will be bigger than most on the Royal class ships. 

I am assuming you got an upsell to a mini suite?  If so, what that includes that your current cabin does not is a sofa, somewhere comfortable to sit. 

On the Royal class ships the only cabins that have a love seat/sofa are Deluxe Balcony and above. D424 is not a deluxe balcony. So, how important is sitting space? Can you sit comfortably in a desk chair and your bed if you are there during the day?  If the answer is no, then then next question is, is the price worth it to you?  Are you willing to pay extra for that extra sitting space, and possibly a smaller balcony than you have right now?

Upsells "sell out" quickly.  So if it's something you want to do, get a hold of Princess ASAP

Edited by jennybenny

1 hour ago, cruzn fun said:

Hello I am currently in cabin D424 on the Royal. Received an upsell to a junior suite. Would you do it? We are on the hump. Trying to decide if bigger cabin is worth balcony on jr suite? 

It's actually a fairly complicated question.

Looks like you are on a 5 night Cabo cruise.  So, what you are paying to move up is actually $40 per day.

and...by "junior suite" do you really mean a "Mini-Suite"?

The best thing, actually, about your current cabin is its midship location.  My guess is that, by taking a mini-suite, you are likely giving that up and getting a cabin that could be way fore or way aft.  OTOH, the worst thing about your current cabin is that those standard balcony cabins are a bit small--with no sitting area.

When we'll be on Royal in less than four weeks, I specifically booked a Premium Balcony--just to get the small sitting room area.  Last Princess cruise, this past April on Emerald, we originally booked a Caribe Deck balcony, midship, because of the larger balcony.  They started sending me upsell offers to Mini-Suites--but I decided it wasn't worth it--largely because the price per day was a little steep and we didn't want to lose our larger balcony and midship location...Rather than take any upsell offer, I just kept monitoring the regular pricing...and, voila!  I noticed a substantial price drop on the remaining Club Class Mini-Suites...and negotiated a better deal on one of those than any Mini-Suite upsell offer I'd gotten.  At least the Club Class Minis are mid-ship, include a sitting area--and, a bonus, include a reserved special dining area.  I am glad I held out on the upsell.

Important to ask yourself what is important TO YOU.  Location and size of balcony vs. size of cabin interior.  Consider how much time you'll actually spend in the cabin...And, if you'd rather have the latter, ask if its worth another $40 per day to you....

Edited by Bruin Steve
  • Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 3:55 PM, jennybenny said:

D424 is an angled balcony, so your balcony will be bigger than most on the Royal class ships. 

I am assuming you got an upsell to a mini suite?  If so, what that includes that your current cabin does not is a sofa, somewhere comfortable to sit. 

On the Royal class ships the only cabins that have a love seat/sofa are Deluxe Balcony and above. D424 is not a deluxe balcony. So, how important is sitting space? Can you sit comfortably in a desk chair and your bed if you are there during the day?  If the answer is no, then then next question is, is the price worth it to you?  Are you willing to pay extra for that extra sitting space, and possibly a smaller balcony than you have right now?

Upsells "sell out" quickly.  So if it's something you want to do, get a hold of Princess ASAP

Thank you. There are 8 of us (4) cabins and were all together. We specifically picked the hump for the balconies. We also prefer a lower deck. We decided against upsell. This is 2nd offer. Maybe 3rd time will be a charm lol

• Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 4:18 PM, Bruin Steve said:

It's actually a fairly complicated question.

Looks like you are on a 5 night Cabo cruise.  So, what you are paying to move up is actually $40 per day.

and...by "junior suite" do you really mean a "Mini-Suite"?

The best thing, actually, about your current cabin is its midship location.  My guess is that, by taking a mini-suite, you are likely giving that up and getting a cabin that could be way fore or way aft.  OTOH, the worst thing about your current cabin is that those standard balcony cabins are a bit small--with no sitting area.

When we'll be on Royal in less than four weeks, I specifically booked a Premium Balcony--just to get the small sitting room area.  Last Princess cruise, this past April on Emerald, we originally booked a Caribe Deck balcony, midship, because of the larger balcony.  They started sending me upsell offers to Mini-Suites--but I decided it wasn't worth it--largely because the price per day was a little steep and we didn't want to lose our larger balcony and midship location...Rather than take any upsell offer, I just kept monitoring the regular pricing...and, voila!  I noticed a substantial price drop on the remaining Club Class Mini-Suites...and negotiated a better deal on one of those than any Mini-Suite upsell offer I'd gotten.  At least the Club Class Minis are mid-ship, include a sitting area--and, a bonus, include a reserved special dining area.  I am glad I held out on the upsell.

Important to ask yourself what is important TO YOU.  Location and size of balcony vs. size of cabin interior.  Consider how much time you'll actually spend in the cabin...And, if you'd rather have the latter, ask if its worth another $40 per day to you....

Thank you. We were on the Royal in April. Also on dolphin deck but on first cabin of hump. Small cabin and balcony. We have recently cruised on the Ruby and we liked the Caribe deck with extended balconies. There are 8 of us in 4 cabins together. We were offered midship, 4 consecutive cabins but we didn't want to be on deck 15. We aren't in our cabins very much and if we are were on the balcony so we stayed with what we have. That was our second upsell for this cruise. If something better comes along I might have to go for it. Thank you again. Cheers