Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cherries Jubilee

Seaside dining questions after free upgrade to Aurea cabin.

I booked a Bella balcony and was given the free upgrade to an Aurea B3 cabin. I know I don’t get any of the other perks, but do I have access to Anytime Dining?

My sister was also assigned and Aurea cabin. Do I need to go speak with the Maitre D to see if we can sit all together? I have already linked our reservation numbers on our paperwork.

Edited by Cherries Jubilee

I’ve read through just about every post on here and I’ve seen conflicting answers but I’m going to guess that we have to stick with assigned dining because no one mentioned doing otherwise in their reviews.

From my understanding, you're only upgraded the cabin, not the perks. And as MyChoice dining is an Aurea perk, it wouldn't apply to you.  

I could be wrong, obviously. But don't hold your breath. You'll very likely have your original assigned dining. 

Each ship appears to do it`s own thing, a recent cruiser on Meraviglia was upgraded to YC but had to eat in the MDR and was only allowed once to eat in the YC !  In December 2018 there was a family on our Divina Xmas cruise who were upgraded to an Aurea Suite with the Panoramic windows and said that they got the Aurea perks.

Thank you both for the replies.

I’m just going to try to get my family at the same table. The time honestly doesn’t matter as much as us being together. Hopefully since I linked our reservations it will work out.