No more luggage delivered to cabins on Royal?

denamo

3 hours ago, FireEMT978 said:

On harmony, everybody else's bags seemed to have been out of the halls. We found our clearly tagged bags, with a few others about 30 rooms aft in the hallway. Not a good experience on the Harmony.

Harmony seems to dance to the beat of a different drummer. 

They seem to do things different from the rest of the fleet.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JamesEM said:

A few months ago I was on the Freedom and the luggage was being piled up in one area and it was self serve.   

No just impatient,  different staff deliver  luggage to a certain drop of point then next staff put it in your cabin .

Seems that later in the evening doesn’t matter, luggage is still not delivered inside the cabin.  A few weeks ago we were on brilliance, and even after dinner, we saw luggage sitting outside a couple of the cabins. We’re talking 9 o’clock in the evening and the luggage is not inside the cabin.  

m

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Seems that later in the evening doesn’t matter, luggage is still not delivered inside the cabin. 

I think most here are talking about delivery to the cabin, not inside of it - that has not been the norm, nor should it be an expectation.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fdthird said:

Been on 2 B2Bs in the part year, and luggage was always outside room or a  door down the hall.  This is what our President would classify as Fake News!   

Really?? So how do you account for the fact that we cruised on 3 different ships in Sept, Oct and Nov and every time the bags were left somewhere in the corridor on which our cabin was located, but never delivered to outside the cabin. Not a big deal as happy to grab them but some people were very confused as their bags were placed a long way from their cabins.

• Like 2

Sailed on the Allure last week. This was our 9th sailing this year on an Oasis Class ship. On all previous sailings our luggage was delivered inside our cabin. For this sailing our luggage was left in the hallway by our cabin door.

I don’t think it’s a new normal. It just depends on the circumstances. On Allure now. Our first bag was waiting outside our cabin after muster. The other bags were waiting in our room after dinner. This has happened before. But there have also been times where the bags were staged down the corridor at 1:00. Our bags have always showed up sooner or later. I think 7:30 was the latest we ever got all of them.

7 minutes ago, RocCruisers said:

I'm sure plenty of people are just excited to see their luggage in the hallway, instead of getting it in the naughty room.  😁🤐🙄

Yes. We were on the elevator with someone heading down to the naughty room.

11 hours ago, denamo said:

The last three cruises we've been on, luggage has just been lined up in the hallway.  Cruisers have had to go and hunt down their luggage.  The first time this happened just thought maybe they were short on staff or running behind.  However, seeing this on two subsequent cruises, just wondered if this is the "new normal"?

Has been on my last three cruises.

On the last couple of cruises we have found our luggage outside other cabins.  Maybe, as some posters stated, they are placed in the corridors and then dispersed in time.  We may have just been going down the corridor before that happened.  

1 hour ago, Bobal said:

Not a big deal as happy to grab them but some people were very confused as their bags were placed a long way from their cabins.

WAY down the hall on one cruise.  

When we had a grand suite we had to trudge down the LONG hallway to get our bags!

Edited by Judyrem

12 hours ago, denamo said:

The last three cruises we've been on, luggage has just been lined up in the hallway.  Cruisers have had to go and hunt down their luggage.  The first time this happened just thought maybe they were short on staff or running behind.  However, seeing this on two subsequent cruises, just wondered if this is the "new normal"?

thats just you arriving while luggage is being staged  for delivery  to the cabins.  

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

What ship🤔

I'm not sure I've had it inside the room in over a year.  I guess if I waited long enough, they might put it in the cabin

it happens to us more often than not.   maybe cuz we are in suites.   

Actually, the rare times luggage is inside the cabin we generally remark to each other “wow-what a nice treat“.  Can you imagine leaving your luggage with a porter at a hotel, and having it show up somewhere in the hallway! No one would ever stand for that. Personally I think it’s somewhat of a disgrace that luggage is not delivered inside the state room, or even at the the state room door. The fact that it is just somewhere in the hallway is terrible

M

• Like 3

If you would like your luggage right away , pack lightly , in a medium size luggage Bag , and walk it on and go straight to cabin . Medium size bags fit through screeners . We usually get on around one o’clock when cabins are available. 

• Like 1

If you have a good room attendant they will put bags in your room , that is If you are patient . Life takes time,  be patient . Attitude can be the difference between an ordeal and an adventure. 

Edited by ssb

16 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Personally I think it’s somewhat of a disgrace that luggage is not delivered inside the state room, or even at the the state room door. The fact that it is just somewhere in the hallway is terrible

Ours was right in front of our Suite door on HAL.

I like to unpack everything as early as possible - that seems to make it feel like we are really now on vacation - so if I see our bags in the hallways we always bring them in.  Then I can get us settled in and our vacation OFFICIALLY begins.  :)  Up until then it's still in the preparation mode.  Hahaha. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, FireEMT978 said:

On harmony, everybody else's bags seemed to have been out of the halls. We found our clearly tagged bags, with a few others about 30 rooms aft in the hallway. Not a good experience on the Harmony.

Last month we were on the Harmony.  For the first time we did not tip extra to the stateroom attendant and also gave our first negative review of our cruise.  Just one example, our food was usually cold when served and the food was much better in the Windjammer.  However, we still did tip extra to the waiter and assistant waiter.  So, we’re not difficult passengers dealing with staff.  Also, for the first time, overall we found the staff were not as friendly as all cruises we have taken.

BTW:  Just a rhetoric statement - was surprised to discover RCCL charges $2.50 for a small box of popcorn.  Cookies are more expensive than popcorn to make, yet cookies are provided for free.  Go figure.  🤨🧐🤔