49 dollar laundry for 7 day cruise: Per day or per week

steve4031

I was looking through the various parts of HAL's website under my cruise booking and I saw the option to purchase this for my Alaska Cruise.  49 dollars unlimited wash and fold laundry for the week seems too good to be true based on what I have paid in the past on Carnival and other cruise lines.  

I also noted that I could purchase onboard credit ahead of time.  It would be nice to have the entire amount paid off before the cruise.  Are there potential problems that I need to be aware of in doing things this way?

As always, thank you.  

The $49 is for the entire week. We just used it last week on our cruise and it’s a great value. 

I also purchase on board board credit ahead of time to make sure everything is paid for up front. It works out perfectly. My end of cruise bill for last week was less than $40 after all my on board credit was applied. 

Yes, it is a wonderful amenity, but don't give them anything that is the least bit delicate. I always pack cotton polos, tshirts, jeans, khakis that have been washed many times. I only pack what I will not be upset if it gets ruined. After so many HAL washings, clothing becomes much thinner.  With that being said, I highly recommend the service. 

Even though you pay $49 for 7 days of unlimited laundry, you cannot send out any laundry bags on your 7th day.  For example, you are cruising Saturday to Saturday.   The last laundry bag you can send out would be Thursday, preferably in the morning.   You cannot send out any bags on Friday, your 7th day, because it would not be back until after you have disembarked on Saturday morning.   But it is still a great deal !!   

Edited by TAD2005

This sounds like such a good deal. Just curious though, is there also offered a "stuff a bag" type deal? We have an 11 day coming up (Koningsdam) and thinking we might just have a few things to send out mid cruise. If we have to pay per item, the per day price might still work out better for us.

I did not know HAL offered a laundry deal now.  This will be a great deal for us as we are doing a land tour first along with extra nights in Seattle and Fairbanks.  I was not sure what ourlaundry plan was going to be.  This will be well worth the $49 and we will have a big pile for them as soon as they except it.  My guess is sometime on Monday as we embark on Sunday.

28 minutes ago, bvocruise said:

I did not know HAL offered a laundry deal now.  This will be a great deal for us as we are doing a land tour first along with extra nights in Seattle and Fairbanks.  I was not sure what ourlaundry plan was going to be.  This will be well worth the $49 and we will have a big pile for them as soon as they except it.  My guess is sometime on Monday as we embark on Sunday.

HAL has offered the unlimited or by the bag options for some time.  I've been cruising with HAL for more than 13 years and it's been offered on every cruise.  Your laundry will be accepted as early as Sunday evening.  Put it out before you go for dinner and it will be taken during the turndown service that evening.

52 minutes ago, Alberta Quilter said:

Put it out before you go for dinner and it will be taken during the turndown service that evening.

Agreed. If you need to send more than one bag, your steward can provide more right away. 

1 hour ago, DoggyDaddy said:

We have a 44 day cruise coming up. I have not seen anything on the HAL web site about laundry. Where should I look? Any special prices for an extended trip?

DD

I don't believe there is any information about the laundry service on the website.  To pre-purchase it, you can call Ship Services.  Otherwise, just wait until you get onboard.  The form and laundry options/prices will be with the laundry bag, likely in one of the closets.  No special pricing for longer itineraries; the standard cost of unlimited is $7 for each day of the cruise or $9/day if you're sailing in Europe.