Cruise Critic Community
DarrenM

New Zealand volcano

Very very sad indeed and it seems a lot of the victims were on a Roayl Caribbean cruise ship.

I hope everyone that posts on here from that part of the world are safe and well.

and it is locked now. I wish an admin would make a final post in threads stating why (if they can) the thread was locked.

41 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

and it is locked now. I wish an admin would make a final post in threads stating why (if they can) the thread was locked.

My guess would be that the thread is locked because a rather contentious debate developed regarding whether or not to assign blame to RCL for offering the tour. Some of the more offensive posts were removed by the moderator. People on these boards can sometimes become quite rude and, in some instances, downright mean.

Edited by dogs4fun

Well I hadnt seen the other threads and I merely posted this one to show sympathy to the victims.

29 minutes ago, DarrenM said:

Well I hadnt seen the other threads and I merely posted this one to show sympathy to the victims.

That is what I did as well - most were and are kind hearted posts expressing sympathy. Unfortunately, it's the few contentious posts that often spoil it for the rest of us.

Edited by dogs4fun

Newspaper headline in the UK described it like a scene from Chernobyl. Absolutely terrifying.

The second link the thread is closed but the first link the thread is still open and you can get updates on the situation. 

Discussion has been reopened.  Any new discussions on the Royal Caribbean forum may be merged into the original, depending upon content.