Cruise Critic Community
newtocruiseinblue

All Inclusive Europe Cruises for 2021

Was waiting for the 2021 Europe cruises to come out and they have, but they have either the basic package with the non-refundable deposit or an all-inclusive package that includes the following:

ALL-INCLUSIVE 2021 OFFER

Book your 2021 Europe cruise now for an all-inclusive experience, valued at up to US$2,300 per person. Includes:

•Free Air (up to $800 per person)
•Free Drinks
•Free Onboard Spending Money (up to $250 per person)
•Free Stateroom Gratuities

Bonus offer for Suites: Free Internet Package and Free Dining Package per person

I’ve never seen this promotion for HAL before and was wondering if anyone else has experienced it. Thank you!!

Is it all itineraries, all dates, all ships?? Sounds too good to be true, must be a catch! 

2 hours ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

Bonus offer for Suites: Free Internet Package and Free Dining Package per person

I’ve never seen this promotion for HAL before and was wondering if anyone else has experienced it. Thank you!!

Ah So!

Finally, they're trying to get rid of the cheap passengers.

The details will be interesting. 

The fares are pricey,  but may be convenient for some as a lot is included.   They were on the HAL site yesterday.

Edited by bennybear

There are a couple of very nice European itineraries I am interested in, but the pricing with all of the inclusions is more than I want to spend. 

We live in Fairbanks, Alaska, so $800 per person in air is not going to get us very far.  It might get us there, but it won't get us back.  We usually fly to/from Europe using miles.

My husband doesn't drink at all, and I might have one cocktail during a 2 week cruise.  We prefer coffee, tea and water.  For us, there is not much value in the drinks that they offer, and they do not even specify the Signature Beverage Package, so it may be only sodas that are included.  It's very vague.

We'll be waiting until later to book Europe for 2021.

28 minutes ago, Taters said:

There are a couple of very nice European itineraries I am interested in, but the pricing with all of the inclusions is more than I want to spend. 

We live in Fairbanks, Alaska, so $800 per person in air is not going to get us very far.  It might get us there, but it won't get us back.  We usually fly to/from Europe using miles.

My husband doesn't drink at all, and I might have one cocktail during a 2 week cruise.  We prefer coffee, tea and water.  For us, there is not much value in the drinks that they offer, and they do not even specify the Signature Beverage Package, so it may be only sodas that are included.  It's very vague.

We'll be waiting until later to book Europe for 2021.

I checked the terms and conditions and it is the Signature Beverage Pkg.

29 minutes ago, fatcat04 said:

I checked the terms and conditions and it is the Signature Beverage Pkg.

Good to know.  If DH and I drank alcohol, this might have some value for us.

4 hours ago, ski ww said:

Sounds too good to be true, must be a catch! 

Ha Ha .. if it sounds too goood.........I wonder ........

It's the time-honoured tactic of encouraging customers to consume more and more. There's a lot of flexibility here for drinks, meals and facilities.

Any sign of an updraft is welcome, since HAL could essentially be out of business in five or ten years time.

This is how it could work. HAL would use the reservation system to limit the number of non-inclusive cabins. Forcing customers to upgrade. HAL would slowly release the all-inclusive cabins if sales are slow.

However, if they price it well, they could have a favourable ratio of all-inclusive to non-inclusive. That's better than annoying passengers with sales pitches on the ship.

Very disappointed to see this.  We hope to take the Voyage of the Vikings in 2021, but this would run us about $600 per day for each of us.  We don't need the airfare or the beverage package.  Like Taters, we'll be waiting until later this year to book our 2021 European cruise.  If VoV sells out with this promotion, we'll find something else.  

39 minutes ago, Lady Chew said:

Very disappointed to see this.  We hope to take the Voyage of the Vikings in 2021, but this would run us about $600 per day for each of us.  We don't need the airfare or the beverage package.  Like Taters, we'll be waiting until later this year to book our 2021 European cruise.  If VoV sells out with this promotion, we'll find something else.  

You can always reserve at the non-refundable (considerably lower) cost and just purchase the cancellation insurance...?

The Prinsendam used to have these all-inclusive fares with new itinerary releases.  Was a very good deal for that ship.

Edited by *Miss G*

We did this promotion a couple of years ago with a trip to Europe and it worked out well for us.  It provided us with free airfare ($800 with HAL/FlightEase goes farther than booking yourself) and all the other perks.  If there is a cruise you would like to go on, and this is a good deal for you, do not hesitate to book it.  

On 12/10/2019 at 8:55 AM, bennybear said:

The fares are pricey,  but may be convenient for some as a lot is included.   They were on the HAL site yesterday.

Yes the fares are very pricy . People still don't understand you get nothing for free 

2 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Yes the fares are very pricy . People still don't understand you get nothing for free 

An appropriate marketing strategy is essential to the implementation of corporate goals. The marketing strategy addresses issues of demographics and yield. Bottom line: what is the revenue and profit margin per passenger? What is the lifetime revenue from the preferred clients?

HAL must be in distress if they fired their marketing VP and re-organized the corporate structure.

What might be the way forward for HAL?

I have booked three cruises with MSC. They have 4 tiers. Bella, Fantastica, Aurea and Yacht Club experiences. As you pay more, the better the cabin location and the more inclusive the experience.

There are still basic Bella cabins in the lower decks.

AFAIK, the higher tiers (Aurea and Yacht Club) seem to sell out faster than the lesser categories. So, customers think that the more expensive packages are worth the money, and MSC has correctly judged the size of the market.

On 12/10/2019 at 5:28 AM, newtocruiseinblue said:

•Free Air (up to $800 per person)

Depends on the cabin type. We booked a balcony. Hope to get at least $300 per person. 

11 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

Depends on the cabin type. We booked a balcony. Hope to get at least $300 per person. 

From how I understand the “All-Inclusive 2021 Offer”, the cabin type has nothing to do with the amount of airfare you receive. Each guests under this promotion should receive $800 per person based on double occupancy. The only additional benefits for cabin type are for suite guests, which are: Bonus offer for Suites: Free Internet Package and Free Dining Package per person.

B213C51C-211E-4EBF-86C4-6B55C47D4DD0.jpeg

Very interesting promotion...We booked as the inclusions offered would cost a lot more if all were purchased separately and we all need to fly there, drink there, use Internet there, etc ... 😉  The $800 air fare credit is not dependent on the room category selected; it is the same for everyone BUT the $800 is only if you book a round-trip ticket.  So if you are on a trans-Atlantic and drive to Fort Lauderdale and fly back from Europe, your credit would only be $400.  If you fly to Fort Lauderdale, you get the full $800.

I'm on the fence about these "all-inclusive" fares. Mainly because I'm not sure I drink enough to make a beverage package worth it for me, and I prefer to book my own airfare (and use FF points on many of my trips).

Just booked a South America/Antarctica cruise for 2021 and still got free gratuities and some OBC plus a good price from my TA. Those are the perks that make most sense for me.