Cruise Critic Community
StLouisCruisers

HAL website...again!

Gee, I sure wish I could get the HAL website to load on my computer this morning.  Some of us might want to do business with them!

Sigh...

Anyone else having problems or am I the only one?

No problem for me.

Often the problem is the owners computer. Too many cookies and such. Or even your browser can be the issue.

Problem can be exasperated when using a tablet.

It loaded slow but it loaded. Maybe it hasn't had its coffee yet. :classic_tongue:

I got us checked in last night without an interwebz hiccup so glad to get that done. 

We've been tightening up security on our laptop (no tablet) the past couple of weeks, but this is the first day I can't even get on the HAL page.  I will keep trying.  

12 minutes ago, pete_coach said:

No problem for me.

Often the problem is the owners computer. Too many cookies and such. Or even your browser can be the issue.

Problem can be exasperated when using a tablet.

It's amazing how many people on Cruise Critic have issues with their computers - and strangely, only with the HAL site.

Face it, the website is a big crock.

3 minutes ago, T8NCruise said:

It's amazing how many people on Cruise Critic have issues with their computers - and strangely, only with the HAL site.

Face it, the website is a big crock.

Actually, "It's amazing how many people on Cruise Critic have issues" with cruise line websites. It is a complaint not only on HAL forums, but all others as well.

"It's amazing how many people on Cruise Critic" do not have issues with cruise line websites.

Very often, the responses are just like mine....fix your computer. It is a suggestion to help, not to bash posters or HAL.

I use a Chrome Book and I have a security block for cookies. I had to remove my security block to book our last HAL cruise last month, then placed my block back when finished. 

They are having database problems for the past 5 days or so. The excursions, gifts and beverages are not loading from the database. I do not know of a single company that lets something like this happen to a pseudo ecommerce site for that long. It's incredibly amateurish and just tells me they need to invest more into IT. Even the shipboard digital services are lackluster except video on-demand. It's actually embarrassing. As the CTO of a large company they really need fire some people.

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Gee, I sure wish I could get the HAL website to load on my computer this morning.  Some of us might want to do business with them!Anyone else having problems or am I the only one?

zero problems here,however, i have no idea what condition your computer is in, or how old your browser is.  

Try to run a cleanup program? 

Edited by tuolumne couple

The only problem I consistently have with their site is when I try to do a 'dummy booking' , the booking engine always defaults to a guarantee cabin assignment when I prefer to select my own cabin.

They have an option to click on a button for changing from guarantee assignment to specific cabin selection, but the option never works for me, it just hangs at that point.

I use Firefox, but I've also tried Chrome with the same result. 

Browser has nothing to do with calls to a database. Where it shows up on your browser window and if its legible does. The system they use for booking excursions, gifts etc is just horrible.. 6 days now of it not working for the Koningsdam sailing the 22nd of December. See proof below..

Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 3.28.27 PM.png

20 hours ago, pirate_dad said:

image.png.8aa05238efbfe1b343ad712a2ae1773a.png

Um, yes, but i noticed that you are on the cruise activities tab. what exactly are you trying to achieve? i do not understand what you are trying to view... maybe it is the path you are using? i can get into activities just fine. did you select your destination? I can access activities, and everything once i select a destination. did you do that?image.thumb.png.396f729767daf8926cba92e05cbda96f.png

Edited by tuolumne couple

23 hours ago, KroozNut said:

The only problem I consistently have with their site is when I try to do a 'dummy booking' , the booking engine always defaults to a guarantee cabin assignment when I prefer to select my own cabin.

They have an option to click on a button for changing from guarantee assignment to specific cabin selection, but the option never works for me, it just hangs at that point.

I use Firefox, but I've also tried Chrome with the same result. 

====

Some of the cruises only allow guarantee booking.

This recent "hanging" happened to me before I realized that to get a specific cabin I had to book through to Vancouver rather than San Diego.   No explanation nothing.  Tried several times.  It just hangs.

Peter

We have had no problems getting on the HAL site today and yesterday, but all the reviews for shore excursions are gone.  How are we supposed to choose?   Or maybe that is their plan.  😳

8 hours ago, tuolumne couple said:

Um, yes, but i noticed that you are on the cruise activities tab. what exactly are you trying to achieve? i do not understand what you are trying to view... maybe it is the path you are using? i can get into activities just fine. did you select your destination? I can access activities, and everything once i select a destination. did you do that?image.thumb.png.396f729767daf8926cba92e05cbda96f.png

He's on the tab that is specific to the cruise he has booked.   So, yes, he has put in the destination.  You're looking at the page you get by doing a search.  That is far different than what you get when you have a cruise booked and go to your specific booking.  

If you're trying to purchase something, such as drink package etc., and having problems with the website, call Ship's Services to make your purchase.  It may be slower, but it works every time for me whereas the website is hit or miss depending on the day.

47 minutes ago, dfish said:

He's on the tab that is specific to the cruise he has booked.   So, yes, he has put in the destination.  You're looking at the page you get by doing a search.  That is far different than what you get when you have a cruise booked and go to your specific booking.  

oh. odd that he cant get in. sorry to hear he is having trouble. over my head evidently. 

3 hours ago, sevenseasnomad said:

If you're trying to purchase something, such as drink package etc., and having problems with the website, call Ship's Services to make your purchase.  It may be slower, but it works every time for me whereas the website is hit or miss depending on the day.

Reasonable workaround, which does not let their site off the hook for being dysfunctional .