Cagney's Menu

thecruisers723

I've noticed in past years that Cagney's menu changes (possibly from year to year).  For example, i've seen Lobster on the menu years ago, but in 2019 the seafood served as part of surf/turf is shrimp.  Does anyone know if the menu has changed recently?  If so, please post most recent menu.  Thx.

12 hours ago, thecruisers723 said:

I've noticed in past years that Cagney's menu changes (possibly from year to year).  For example, i've seen Lobster on the menu years ago, but in 2019 the seafood served as part of surf/turf is shrimp.  Does anyone know if the menu has changed recently?  If so, please post most recent menu.  Thx.

Last Week

3286FE9C-B17A-42C2-B47E-6C6A8AFADC92.jpeg

14C21D44-50F0-4B17-BD2A-3BF9BDC9BBCB.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

Remember also if you have Cagney's as a perk for latitudes or free at sea they will explain up-charges to you when you are ordering.

Thank you. I have the dining package and am curious about this as well.

17 minutes ago, Zippeedee said:

Has anyone had both shrimp cocktails? Is the Black Tiger version worth the upcharge? Does it have that oily herb stuff on it?

The black tiger shrimp is definitely bigger than the regular... I had both on board the Encore last week, and I would prefer the upcharge shrimp hands down...

1 minute ago, lanceholt said:

Not worth it.  Although we are from MD and know what a real crab cake is.

That is exactly why I won't order a lobster or the fried seafood. I live just north of Boston, I know I will be disappointed ordering anything I can get superb versions of right up the street.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, hallux said:

I live inland, not near the coast or in any area known for outstanding seafood.  I thought it was good, but I also don't go to high-end restaurants often either.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Absolutely! I just know I would be disappointed. I'd rather have shrimp or a good steak. Everyone is different, that's what makes the world interesting.

I paid the 5.00 upcharge for the "JUMBO" crab cake.  I was disappointed.  They need to take the jumbo word off the menu.  There should not be an upcharge for it either.  It was about the size of an Oreo cookie and not as tasty as what we get along the Gulf coast.

Wanna eat crab cake, order that Fisherman's Platter (fried or grilled) instead - crab cake included, that's our plan ... no upcharge.  Get that 20 oz. Porterhouse ... should be plenty of red meat to share between two dining together.  

$16 for a "Thick Cut Bacon" as a starter, better be worth it if paying a la carte pricing ... not upcharge, however - isn't that weird with pricing but no upcharge over the Tiger shrimp.  Our local steakhouse charge much less for bacon ... Gotta love & embrace freestyle cruising, to each her/his own.  

15 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Wanna eat crab cake, order that Fisherman's Platter (fried or grilled) instead - crab cake included, that's our plan ... no upcharge.  Get that 20 oz. Porterhouse ... should be plenty of red meat to share between two dining together.  

$16 for a "Thick Cut Bacon" as a starter, better be worth it if paying a la carte pricing ... not upcharge, however - isn't that weird with pricing but no upcharge over the Tiger shrimp.  Our local steakhouse charge much less for bacon ... Gotta love & embrace freestyle cruising, to each her/his own.  

If you are going to order the fisherman's platter for the crab cake, you might want to look that this thread first.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2686460-cagneys-fishermans-platter-sad-crab-cake/?tab=comments#comment-58083756

1 hour ago, ChicaChic said:

I paid the 5.00 upcharge for the "JUMBO" crab cake.  I was disappointed.  They need to take the jumbo word off the menu.  There should not be an upcharge for it either.  It was about the size of an Oreo cookie and not as tasty as what we get along the Gulf coast.

Jumbo refers to the crab meat, not the size of the portion! It's the meat of the Jumbo Lump Crab!!

Edited by Guindalf

3 hours ago, Zippeedee said:

That is exactly why I won't order a lobster or the fried seafood. I live just north of Boston, I know I will be disappointed ordering anything I can get superb versions of right up the street.

I hear ya.....Ogunquit ruined seafood for me. IE cant go near it anymore in NY (now that I know how its SUPPOSED to taste 🙂 ). 

Edited by NoobCroozer
  • Like 1