Problem with flights by celebrity

trucker den

We had a positive and negative experience with choice air.  I think never again.  Our first booking last March was fine- everything on time- no changes and we paid when we paid for the cruise, so no initial outlay of money.

We also booked choice air again for a sailing this march.  The time of the return flight was changed to 11:15, so we wouldn't be able to take advantage of the luggage valet service, which is excellent.  Since the time change was less then one hour, Celebrity wouldn't offer us a "free" change without paying $100 pp extra, plus if the flight cost more an additional charge.  We also are booked in first class.   This has turned me off to dealing with choice air.

On 12/11/2019 at 2:46 AM, trucker den said:

When I get on the American website it tells me I need to go through the travel booking agent. 

American will only book the seats once the flights are paid for, in our experience 

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

American will only book the seats once the flights are paid for, in our experience 

When we booked our AA flights through HAL last year we were able to change seats at any time on AA website including 6 months before HAL paid for the tickets when our final payment was due. If you are booked in a AA Main cabin basic seat you can not get seats or change them until the day of departure. Seats are assigned to everyone in this basic main cabin by AA randomly. 

2 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

When we booked our AA flights through HAL last year we were able to change seats at any time on AA website including 6 months before HAL paid for the tickets when our final payment was due. If you are booked in a AA Main cabin basic seat you can not get seats or change them until the day of departure. Seats are assigned to everyone in this basic main cabin by AA randomly. 

Can also change seats with Delta before they are paid for

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Seats were first class