Constellation disappeared?

mitz18

1 hour ago, jaimevoyager said:

It appears all of the dates are back online. I had been waiting to book the 1/21 Panama Canal touch cruise. 

Not quite. My 11/14/2020 sailing out of Tampa is not being displayed. Did get the cabin # back like others here.

The three Sky Suites I've booked on the 30 July 2020 sailing still aren't back to the booked cabin numbers; it's just saying Sky Suite Guarantee. On top of this, the website says suites are sold out for this trip. Catastrophist that I am, I've visions of being left with the worst accommodation on the ship because we got lost in the system!

I'll ask my TA to enquire what's happening straight after Christmas. This is our first time sailing with Celebrity and all of this has unnerved me regarding our likely experience with them.

2 minutes ago, Tattycruiser said:

The three Sky Suites I've booked on the 30 July 2020 sailing still aren't back to the booked cabin numbers; it's just saying Sky Suite Guarantee. On top of this, the website says suites are sold out for this trip. Catastrophist that I am, I've visions of being left with the worst accommodation on the ship because we got lost in the system!

I'll ask my TA to enquire what's happening straight after Christmas. This is our first time sailing with Celebrity and all of this has unnerved me regarding our likely experience with them.

Were you booked 2 to a cabin?

My family also has 3 cabins ( 1 balcony and 2 interior) booked for the May 26th sailing in 2020 on the Constellation. Each of the cabins have 3 family members assigned on the same deck in close proximity to one another.

As of this minute, all 3 are still showing “guarantee” status with our original room assignments gone. The cruise and rooms were selected in January of 2019 while selections were still good. Celebrity has re-opened the booking today for this particular cruise date, and mock bookings do not show any available 3 person cabins.
I am not a happy camper over this delay and the possibility that we will be distributed around the ship away from each other. 
In the absence of any communications from Celebrity concerning this issue, we are seriously considering cancelling the cruise since final payment is due in about 7 weeks.

Hopefully, the issue will be resolved soon in our favor, as it has been for others.

Good luck to those still waiting.

47 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Were you booked 2 to a cabin?

Yes we were, two passengers to each cabin. We're travelling to celebrate my parent's Golden Wedding, so decided to treat ourselves to three suites in a row. Suspect we'll now find ourselves scattered around the ship ☹️

13 minutes ago, Tattycruiser said:

Yes we were, two passengers to each cabin. We're travelling to celebrate my parent's Golden Wedding, so decided to treat ourselves to three suites in a row. Suspect we'll now find ourselves scattered around the ship ☹️

Don't sweat it yet.  Call on Thursday.  Now that the sailing is open they should be able to fix it or at least tell you what's going on.  If they tell you someone else is now in that room you can tell them they removed you without any contact to they can just do it to the new occupant.   I wouldn't worry about it much but would address it as soon as possible.  From what I understand they had to address 56,000 so I'm sure they missed a couple.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Don't sweat it yet.  Call on Thursday.  Now that the sailing is open they should be able to fix it or at least tell you what's going on.  If they tell you someone else is now in that room you can tell them they removed you without any contact to they can just do it to the new occupant.   I wouldn't worry about it much but would address it as soon as possible.  From what I understand they had to address 56,000 so I'm sure they missed a couple.

Thanks for the advice, and best wishes for the festive season.

17 hours ago, rebel9040 said:

My family also has 3 cabins ( 1 balcony and 2 interior) booked for the May 26th sailing in 2020 on the Constellation. Each of the cabins have 3 family members assigned on the same deck in close proximity to one another.

As of this minute, all 3 are still showing “guarantee” status with our original room assignments gone. The cruise and rooms were selected in January of 2019 while selections were still good. Celebrity has re-opened the booking today for this particular cruise date, and mock bookings do not show any available 3 person cabins.
I am not a happy camper over this delay and the possibility that we will be distributed around the ship away from each other. 
In the absence of any communications from Celebrity concerning this issue, we are seriously considering cancelling the cruise since final payment is due in about 7 weeks.

Hopefully, the issue will be resolved soon in our favor, as it has been for others.

Good luck to those still waiting.

I wouldn’t count on Celebrity to work things out in your favor. I’ve been sailing with them for over 20 years and if it’s one thing I’ve learned it’s I’ve had to be proactive with my reservations if they’ve gone in and messed things up. Which they have several times over the years.

on this sailing our triple concierge cabin went to a guarantee status about two weeks ago. I then noticed yesterday morning by doing a mock booking the cabin we were reserved in originally for over a year was back in the general inventory and we had no cabin at all. I called Celebrity and ended up  canceling our third passenger in the cabin as he no longer was interested in going after Celebrity has messed things up with us so many times. I was then able to grab that same cabin as now it is just a double cabin and not a triple after the Revolution. If I had not noticed it the cabin would’ve been grabbed by somebody else. Celebrity has continually messed up my reservation and I wouldn’t be surprised if this cabin will go back to a guarantee status. Anything is possible with them. 

We are being messed about with our booking as well. I followed up with our travel agent as we have 3 in one of our cabins. We were told that if we could not get our original cabin back then we would be upgraded. 

We then got an email today from Celebrity via our TA saying that we have been given another cabin. Moved from deck 7 to 8 and from a 2A to a 2B (based on the current deck plans). Our previous cabin is now a 2 berth but the cabin 2 rooms along is showing as a 3 berth for future cruises and is available for our cruise!

So our travel agent may have just received a sharp email from me informing them of my annoyance with our new allocation!

On 12/25/2019 at 9:42 AM, CruiseLifeIsTheBest said:

Crazy...We went from our booked CS cabin on deck 7 to deck 6, back to deck 7 but the cabin next door. Today we are now assigned a cabin on deck 8.  Never to guarantee but definitely playing musical cabins 😂😂

You should call quickly and have them assign you back to your original cabin if that's what you want.  There is no reason they should be moving your cabin around unless you are booked more than 2 to a cabin and now that suite is limited to 2 and they should explain that to you and offer you options for you to decide.

caution......the celebrity web site cabin selection is still very fouled up.  I was able to select a cabin that is indicated as unavailable and I was unable to see any A1 cabins on deck 11 (available or unavailable) on three different cruises.  Go to some TA site to see real availability of cabins.

Call your TA today! I did today after reading about this in this forum. I learned the 3 of us in an accessible stateroom were moved from an accessible stateroom to a non-accessible one because the stateroom after dry dock will be for 2 only! Our daughter is in a wheelchair and can not walk. This would not work. Neither our TA or I were notified. Thanks to all in this forum or I would not have realized staterooms were being re-assigned. I learned there is one person at Celebrity handling and making calls to fix the problems. 

10 hours ago, CinciCruise said:

Call your TA today! I did today after reading about this in this forum. I learned the 3 of us in an accessible stateroom were moved from an accessible stateroom to a non-accessible one because the stateroom after dry dock will be for 2 only! Our daughter is in a wheelchair and can not walk. This would not work. Neither our TA or I were notified. Thanks to all in this forum or I would not have realized staterooms were being re-assigned. I learned there is one person at Celebrity handling and making calls to fix the problems. 

I have learned many things on Cruise Critic, but it sounds like this one was super important for you!

Makes you wonder how this had gotten messed up for you, and we’ll never know what would’ve happened if you hadn’t caught it.

Happy 2020 to you and your family and have a great cruise.

After reading this thread a few weeks back I started checking almost daily.  Yesterday I read about the Suite Retreat and called a Certified Vacation Planner at Celebrity and changed my booking from Aqua to a S1  Sky Suite.  There were 2 available on deck 6 and 1 on deck 9.  Even though I don't like being directly under pool deck, I opted for deck 9.  Hope everyone gets their issues straightened out and can move on with plans.

I received a call Thursday night that our inside stateroom for October 2020 was being converted from a 3 person to a 2 person, and since we had 3 people staying in it, we would need to be moved.  Initially we were going to be moved a few rooms down the hall with an additional $100 each of OBC, which seemed fine, but we had tried to select a room that had a sofa bed for the third person instead of an upper berth.  We asked her about that and she investigated.  It turns out that none of the remaining available staterooms had the sofa bed configuration, so she offered to instead upgrade us to a veranda room that would have the configuration we wanted and was still mid-ship on a similar floor, free of additional charges. 

We are quite happy with the adjustment and I appreciate Celebrity going the extra mile to ensure we were happy with our new room after the one we had carefully selected turned out to no longer be functional for us, especially even though we aren't in what would be considered a high value stateroom.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tsarenzi said:

I received a call Thursday night that our inside stateroom for October 2020 was being converted from a 3 person to a 2 person, and since we had 3 people staying in it, we would need to be moved.  Initially we were going to be moved a few rooms down the hall with an additional $100 each of OBC, which seemed fine, but we had tried to select a room that had a sofa bed for the third person instead of an upper berth.  We asked her about that and she investigated.  It turns out that none of the remaining available staterooms had the sofa bed configuration, so she offered to instead upgrade us to a veranda room that would have the configuration we wanted and was still mid-ship on a similar floor, free of additional charges. 

We are quite happy with the adjustment and I appreciate Celebrity going the extra mile to ensure we were happy with our new room after the one we had carefully selected turned out to no longer be functional for us, especially even though we aren't in what would be considered a high value stateroom.

That sounds like what I would expect in this situation.  They explained why the change was being made.  Offered what they though was comparable with a bit of OBC for the inconvenience, listened to your feedback on your requirements and then accommodating you.   Good for them.

Think of how time consuming this is going to be.   My understanding is that there were quite a few cabins which changed capacity.

Edited by wrk2cruise

Has anybody that's booked on one of these temporarily disappeared cruises been able to book air once your reservation has been restored?  We're now under 300 days for our cruise, so should be well within the air booking window, and I can see flights but the system won't let me book them.  I can book the flights directly with the airline, but the price is the same so I'd really rather have the ability to 'pay later' that you get through the X website.

3 hours ago, amyr said:

Has anybody that's booked on one of these temporarily disappeared cruises been able to book air once your reservation has been restored?  We're now under 300 days for our cruise, so should be well within the air booking window, and I can see flights but the system won't let me book them.  I can book the flights directly with the airline, but the price is the same so I'd really rather have the ability to 'pay later' that you get through the X website.

Call Air2Sea, tell them which flight you want, and they will book it for you.  🍷

On 12/29/2019 at 3:40 PM, hcat said:

Why did so many cabins need to have a change in capacity if they were only adding a few  suites? How many are permited in those sunset suites?

I believe somebody alluded to life boat capacity. I think the answer is that we can only speculate.