Constellation disappeared?

mitz18

With the Summit there were a number of  cabins that  were changed from occupancy for 3 to 2  due to the addition of cabins.  This resulted in a having to move some passengers that were 3 in a cabin that now was classified for 2.  Issue is balancing the lifeboat occupancy.  As I recall this impacted 1 AQ cabin,  some verandas & OVs.  

If this is the reason the cruises are pulled from booking I’m glad they are doing this now so more time and cabin options to move people to.  
Now with the addition of the Sunset Suites it becomes more complicated as when we booked our Jan 2021 cruise Suites were full.

Edited by jelayne

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

With the Summit there were a number of  cabins that  were changed from occupancy for 3 to 2  due to the addition of cabins.  This resulted in a having to move some passengers that were 3 in a cabin that now was classified for 2.  Issue is balancing the lifeboat occupancy.  As I recall this impacted 1 AQ cabin,  some verandas & OVs.  

If this is the reason the cruises are pulled from booking I’m glad they are doing this now so more time and cabin options to move people to.  

That marries up with what the agent told me too

49 minutes ago, WNcruiser said:

So my two questions are:

1. When will the cruises show back up

2. How will they reallocate all the cabins? 

Will everyone need to choose again or will X just assign something similar to what you had? We were (are) in AQ. 

It is anyone's guess when the cruises will be back online for booking.

It is unlikely they will reallocate all cabins, that's not necessary.  When they updated the Summit the # of cabins added were only a small percentage of the total cabins so for the vast majority there was no impact.   

With the Connie many of the cruises are quite a while away, in our case 13 months, so a lot of cabins still available which gives X the flexibility to move passengers in the few impacted cabins with minimal disruption to other passengers. 

7 minutes ago, Winemyst said:

Fairly certain we will be moved.  Our veranda  cabin now shows at occupancy 2, and we are family of 4

7 minutes ago, Winemyst said:

Fairly certain we will be moved.  Our veranda  cabin now shows at occupancy 2, and we are family of 4

Might be worth getting ahead of the game and calling them to see what’s available?

Our cabins are insides on both b2bs, strange the first b2b our cabins I picked are now gty but the autumn cruise cabin numbers are unchanged! I have used two different travel agents both in the States

45 minutes ago, rachiem said:

Might be worth getting ahead of the game and calling them to see what’s available?

Cap Club  rep tried  today to re book me in my orig suite or similar and could not do it..  They are on  "lockdown".

Hope  thise of us  who booked early at a great price do not get scr**ed out of our bookings.

Would you not think "X" corporate would  post some type of announcement somewhere, if just  to avoid all these calls!  Current management ....Rinky dinky!!!

2 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

So my two questions are:

1. When will the cruises show back up

2. How will they reallocate all the cabins? 

Will everyone need to choose again or will X just assign something similar to what you had? We were (are) in AQ. 

Who knows????? 

I did ask the rep I spoke with,  but no one had an answer.  We liked what we chose and hope to retain it....what a Cluster......!

12 minutes ago, hcat said:

Cap Club  rep tried  today to re book me in my orig suite or similar and could not do it..  They are on  "lockdown".

Hope  thise of us  who booked early at a great price do not get scr**ed out of our bookings.

Would you not think "X" corporate would  post some type of announcement somewhere, if just  to avoid all these calls!  Current management ....Rinky dinky!!!

Those of us that have already booked can not do any worse... we have a contract/purchase agreement, all that can happen now as I see it is 4 possible out comes:

1) Everything shakes out and returns to pre-hiccup.

2)That Celebrity cancels and refunds monies paid.

3)  That Celebrity cancels and refunds monies paid and includes inconvenience benefit.

4) We initiate cancellation of our cruise based on the fact that the original contract was breached.

But this is just my take.

Joseph

6 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Wow, yes all my Constellation reservations now show GTY in the class I booked, some S1 and some C1.   I'm wondering if this has something to do with the mystery Sunset Suite class that has started to show up in the booking system. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/no/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class/sunset-suite

2 hours ago, gerelmx said:

So how many reg cabins does it look like  will be wiped out to create the new suites,   and  in what  class?    Anyone have a deck plan?

Why would they  sell  those cabins, if they did,   knowing  about the plans  and cabin capacity issues ?  

By the time they add a few (?) more suites and suite guests...the suite anenities may be getting a bit crowded!

Edited by hcat

4 minutes ago, hcat said:

So how many reg cabins does it look like  will be wiped out to create the new suites,   and  in what  class?    Anyone have a deck plan?

Why would they  sell  those cabins, if they did,   knowing  about the plans  and cabin capacity issues ?  

By the time they add a few (?) more suites and suite guests...the suite anenities may be getting a bit crowded!

It might be the same as the Summit, as hasn’t that had the refurb now?

7 minutes ago, hcat said:

I dont think Summit has those xabins and I think the link referenced Silhouette. Connie and Infinity..  

Guess we'll just focus on our other bookings and hope it  sorts out...

Haha. Our other booking is in cabin 302 on the xpedition...I know how that’s going to end??!!

You can quibble with how they're going about it but it's being done just like they did earlier on the Summit.  Lots of moving parts and thousands of reservations to sift through.  It's been about 24 hours since someone first noticed, so I find it a bit unreasonable to expect firm answers for every booking at this point.  Most people likely have no idea that their online reservation has been switched to a "guarantee" status, and they're likely to end up in the room they booked unless the number of berths changes, so I think a general announcement would ultimately cause more work for them.  

Edited by bEwAbG