Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
mitz18

Constellation disappeared?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

The Millennium class ships were built with far more 3rd/4th/5th berth installed than there is actual lifeboat capacity  Part of the "Revolution" is aligning the number of 3rd + berths to match actual lifeboat capacity and many rooms currently booked with more than 2 guests will have to be moved.  It's possible that the newest itineraries released already reflected the occupancy changes on the Connie, so they are just putting a stop sell on the ones that were previously bookable, and while working on moving triples/quad/quints putting all other rooms into GTY status as a temporary measure.  If they have to move your room they should contact you with a proposed new room # and if you are unhappy they should allow you to select an alternate room in the same category.

 

Additionally, in the near future Celebrity will be doing a fleetwide re-categorization creating new letter/number codes that will be specific to occupancy, much like Royal did a few years ago and any rooms for triple or higher will have a different code than double only.  The rooms for more than two guests will ONLY be bookable if you have 3 or more, just as is the case on Royal.  The higher occupancy rooms may then open at later dates for doubles if they need to, but initially this may make some "preferred" rooms by many cruisers unavailable to book (angled hump balcony's that are triples/quad on Solstice Class for example)

 

NCL is doing something similar with their ships, which again have far more 3rd/4th/5th berths installed than actual lifeboat capacity.  not sure if this is being mandated by safety regs or if it's just the cruise lines trying to maximize profit ........

An X rep confirmed this.  All suites and rooms with 3+ capacity were shifted to GTY until the new deck plan is set.  We have accessible Sky 2's in February 2021.  I certainly hope we are reassigned these rooms, but I was given no guarantee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

The Millennium class ships were built with far more 3rd/4th/5th berth installed than there is actual lifeboat capacity  Part of the "Revolution" is aligning the number of 3rd + berths to match actual lifeboat capacity and many rooms currently booked with more than 2 guests will have to be moved.  It's possible that the newest itineraries released already reflected the occupancy changes on the Connie, so they are just putting a stop sell on the ones that were previously bookable, and while working on moving triples/quad/quints putting all other rooms into GTY status as a temporary measure.  If they have to move your room they should contact you with a proposed new room # and if you are unhappy they should allow you to select an alternate room in the same category.

 

Additionally, in the near future Celebrity will be doing a fleetwide re-categorization creating new letter/number codes that will be specific to occupancy, much like Royal did a few years ago and any rooms for triple or higher will have a different code than double only.  The rooms for more than two guests will ONLY be bookable if you have 3 or more, just as is the case on Royal.  The higher occupancy rooms may then open at later dates for doubles if they need to, but initially this may make some "preferred" rooms by many cruisers unavailable to book (angled hump balcony's that are triples/quad on Solstice Class for example)

 

NCL is doing something similar with their ships, which again have far more 3rd/4th/5th berths installed than actual lifeboat capacity.  not sure if this is being mandated by safety regs or if it's just the cruise lines trying to maximize profit ........

I assume this must be the case.

 

Nevertheless it's at least not professional that X has not anticipated, making it impossible to book those occupancies after the 'revolutionization'.

 

Now a bunch of people who have booked a cruise that costs a lot of money are left in uncertainty. A negative feeling that could've been prevented. 

 

Now, for those who are aware of this situation, it's wait and see until next week. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

The Millennium class ships were built with far more 3rd/4th/5th berth installed than there is actual lifeboat capacity  Part of the "Revolution" is aligning the number of 3rd + berths to match actual lifeboat capacity and many rooms currently booked with more than 2 guests will have to be moved.  It's possible that the newest itineraries released already reflected the occupancy changes on the Connie, so they are just putting a stop sell on the ones that were previously bookable, and while working on moving triples/quad/quints putting all other rooms into GTY status as a temporary measure.  If they have to move your room they should contact you with a proposed new room # and if you are unhappy they should allow you to select an alternate room in the same category.

 

Additionally, in the near future Celebrity will be doing a fleetwide re-categorization creating new letter/number codes that will be specific to occupancy, much like Royal did a few years ago and any rooms for triple or higher will have a different code than double only.  The rooms for more than two guests will ONLY be bookable if you have 3 or more, just as is the case on Royal.  The higher occupancy rooms may then open at later dates for doubles if they need to, but initially this may make some "preferred" rooms by many cruisers unavailable to book (angled hump balcony's that are triples/quad on Solstice Class for example)

 

NCL is doing something similar with their ships, which again have far more 3rd/4th/5th berths installed than actual lifeboat capacity.  not sure if this is being mandated by safety regs or if it's just the cruise lines trying to maximize profit ........

An X rep confirmed this.  All suites and rooms with 3+ capacity were shifted to GTY until the new deck plan is set.  We have accessible Sky 2's in February 2021.  I certainly hope we are reassigned these rooms, but I was given no guarantee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just checked Millie's deck plan and our rooms were not touched.  Let's hope we get them back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Difiroa676 said:

I assume this must be the case.

 

Nevertheless it's at least not professional that X has not anticipated, making it impossible to book those occupancies after the 'revolutionization'.

 

Now a bunch of people who have booked a cruise that costs a lot of money are left in uncertainty. A negative feeling that could've been prevented. 

 

Now, for those who are aware of this situation, it's wait and see until next week. 

 

Prior to the revolution each ship went through previous renovations that added cabins, and in the revolution each ship is getting additional cabins.  The previously added, and newly added cabins were not and are no all being added in the same places.  the location of rooms determines their lifeboat zone and that is what determines how many people can stay in which rooms.  It is possible that Celebrity have just gotten the final "sign-off" from the shipyard and various safety agencies on the changes specific to the Constellation.  Until they get that final update they could have moved people unnecessarily or have to go in and do it a second time.  It's not all just as simple as we think ... LOTS of variables and things that don't come together until right before a dry-dock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Additionally, in the near future Celebrity will be doing a fleetwide re-categorization creating new letter/number codes that will be specific to occupancy, much like Royal did a few years ago and any rooms for triple or higher will have a different code than double only.  The rooms for more than two guests will ONLY be bookable if you have 3 or more, just as is the case on Royal.  The higher occupancy rooms may then open at later dates for doubles if they need to, but initially this may make some "preferred" rooms by many cruisers unavailable to book (angled hump balcony's that are triples/quad on Solstice Class for example)


I guess I understand the need, but that’s an annoying approach IMO. Try getting an aft cabin for 2 on RCL. Nearly impossible. Compared to RCL or NCL I assume Celebrity has far less cabins booked with 3 or more guests. On the Edge it seems like every other cabin is 3+ occupancy. I am a little concerned our March cruise on Edge will have way more kids than I’d prefer based on the social media posts I see, however I still can’t imagine Celebrity in general has a huge demand for 3+ occupancy cabins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:


I guess I understand the need, but that’s an annoying approach IMO. Try getting an aft cabin for 2 on RCL. Nearly impossible. Compared to RCL or NCL I assume Celebrity has far less cabins booked with 3 or more guests. On the Edge it seems like every other cabin is 3+ occupancy. I am a little concerned our March cruise on Edge will have way more kids than I’d prefer based on the social media posts I see, however I still can’t imagine Celebrity in general has a huge demand for 3+ occupancy cabins. 

 

On the flip side - lets assume you need a room for 3 or 4 guests and can't get one because they are all booked by customers at double occupancy ..... there's two sides to every equation.  While Celebrity carry fewer families with children out of season in Summer they carry more than usual, as well as during Spring Break, etc. 

 

On departures where there have historically been lower than average # of triple/quad bookings I have seen RCCL offer triple/quad encoded categories for booking at double, so they do "open" them up on certain sailings.  Getting an aft on RCCL ships has ALWAYS been hard, regardless of them protecting triple/quad rooms (which many of them are).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, marieps said:

An X rep confirmed this.  All suites and rooms with 3+ capacity were shifted to GTY until the new deck plan is set.  We have accessible Sky 2's in February 2021.  I certainly hope we are reassigned these rooms, but I was given no guarantee.

But if only 2 were already booked in the SS, why switch that to a gty?

Maybe they will torture all of us who got a great deal so we will cancel or be cancelled and they can sell them to others for a higher cost???  4 in that room would be very tight!

Edited by hcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, hcat said:

But if only 2 were already booked in the SS, why switch that to a gty?

Maybe they will torture all of us who got a great deal so we will cancel or be cancelled and they can sell them to others for a higher cost???  4 in that room would be very tight!

I’m not at all worried that our cabin has been switched to a guarantee as we too are only two.  The cruise is more than a year away and there are so many theories going on here including the Venice Italy one it’s best not to speculate.

 

Stay warm, K

Edited by Oville

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, marieps said:

An X rep confirmed this.  All suites and rooms with 3+ capacity were shifted to GTY until the new deck plan is set.  We have accessible Sky 2's in February 2021.  I certainly hope we are reassigned these rooms, but I was given no guarantee.

We are on the 27th August 2020 sailing, we booked a GTY SS2 and were assigned an accessible SS2 with capacity for 3 around a month after we booked, we are a 2 person booking and we haven’t been put back to GTY! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Oville said:

I’m not at all worried that our cabin has been switched to a guarantee as we too are only two.  The cruise is more than a year away and there are so many theories going on here including the Venice Italy one it’s best not to speculate.

 

Stay warm, K

 Thanks

Of course, you are right,., but Celebrity 's lack of even a brief official statement  is frustrating! We  are now back north....trying to stay warm. Thinking about the holidays and our Summit cruise in May...( have to check our cruise planner).

Enjoy the sunshine!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know why Celebrity won’t just let people know what’s going on! 

My June cruises b2 b I booked the same stateroom as it makes everything so much easier on changeover, looking at the booking the room is for two persons. They have changed the stateroom to a gty.

on my next b2b sailing September again I have the same cabin for both legs this time the number has not changed! This room is for up to 5 

Dianne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My booking out of Tampa for November is now showing guarantee. Booked a cabin with one of the larger windows on deck 3. Never had a cabin that I chose ever switch to guarantee before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

 

On the flip side - lets assume you need a room for 3 or 4 guests and can't get one because they are all booked by customers at double occupancy ..... there's two sides to every equation.  While Celebrity carry fewer families with children out of season in Summer they carry more than usual, as well as during Spring Break, etc. 

 

On departures where there have historically been lower than average # of triple/quad bookings I have seen RCCL offer triple/quad encoded categories for booking at double, so they do "open" them up on certain sailings.  Getting an aft on RCCL ships has ALWAYS been hard, regardless of them protecting triple/quad rooms (which many of them are).

 

I get the logic behind it, I still think that the process will be flawed for a line like Celebrity that typically isn't at the top of the list for people with kids. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2019 at 6:13 AM, di T said:

I don’t know why Celebrity won’t just let people know what’s going on! 

Dianne-

I feel your frustration... but at the end of the day it's gonna be what it's gonna be..

I think it's above both of our pay grades!

 

Joseph

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

Dianne-

I feel your frustration... but at the end of the day it's gonna be what it's gonna be..

I think it's above both of our pay grades!

 

Joseph

Hi Joseph, this gets more weird I’ve just looked on Celebrity uk site and some cruises between June and October are not available! The nearest to my June 4th is the May 27th from Venice ending in Barcelona on June 5th My cruise is leaving on the 4th from Venice! I could actually hold a cabin on the May27th😕I’m going to ring someone this is surely not just their crazy website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, di T said:

Hi Joseph, this gets more weird I’ve just looked on Celebrity uk site and some cruises between June and October are not available! The nearest to my June 4th is the May 27th from Venice ending in Barcelona on June 5th My cruise is leaving on the 4th from Venice! I could actually hold a cabin on the May27th😕I’m going to ring someone this is surely not just their crazy website.

 

I just checked, @di T...we are on the same sailing as you are. I think you mistakenly saw the 2021 dates. All of the Constellation sailings from April 2020-May2021 are still missing on the UK site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think that’s what I’ve done😂panicked out! I’ve 4 cruises all with non refundable flights! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Is the Constellation for sale? 

 

 

$400 million

 

see post #18

Edited by gerelmx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, di T said:

Think that’s what I’ve done😂panicked out! I’ve 4 cruises all with non refundable flights! 

 

It’s hard not to panic! Our vacation has been cancelled twice by Celebrity already, so I think we are on to itinerary #4 now? Hopefully all will be resolved soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just called Celebrity to book a trip and asked about the Constellation. The agent said they were repairing the ship. Would be back on line in a few days.  Maybe because of the flooding in Venice that would be an issue. They might change that itinerary. 

Edited by Nana57

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just so people reading this don't take you seriously.  The "M" class ships have been posted on that brokers site for a couple of years.   Also sailing after April 2021 are still open for booking.   My Jan 2022 sailing from Tampa has been unaffected.

 

I really do believe that it is some sort of inventory maintenance due to deck plan changes.  It is sort of weird that subsequent sailings are still open and booking but maybe they made changes prior to opening those seasons????

 

Like everyone else I'm in the wait and see mode.   I'm also waiting on the 2021/2022 Caribbean season for Summit which was available for about a hour on 12/4 then was taken back.  No word on what's going on with that either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Just so people reading this don't take you seriously.  The "M" class ships have been posted on that brokers site for a couple of years.   Also sailing after April 2021 are still open for booking.   My Jan 2022 sailing from Tampa has been unaffected.

 

I really do believe that it is some sort of inventory maintenance due to deck plan changes.  It is sort of weird that subsequent sailings are still open and booking but maybe they made changes prior to opening those seasons????

 

Like everyone else I'm in the wait and see mode.   I'm also waiting on the 2021/2022 Caribbean season for Summit which was available for about a hour on 12/4 then was taken back.  No word on what's going on with that either.

You are correct. X is recatagorizing Connie's cabin inventory due to the addition of new cabins. Everything was supposed to be back online today, but has been delayed until tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...