Products in showers

mom2two2

I am sure this has been asked a million times but I can't seem to find what I need using the search field.

I was wondering, NOTS a balcony cabin - what products are in the bathroom/shower and how much of it?  Soap, shampoo, conditioner?  It has been 10 years since we cruised and I fully expect whatever was there before to be less now and am trying to start a packing list.

TIA

Same as Bob’s response except the one dispenser also includes body wash.  Three for the price of one so to speak. We’ve never booked a suite so don’t know anything about that situation. 

The major hotels are also adopting this new way of dispensing shower essentials except they have three separate containers . 

They are securely attached  to the wall and it would be hard to tamper with them . 

28 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

We've only seen a combo shampoo/conditioner dispenser in the shower, plus the bars of soap.

It is now labeled shampoo/body wash.  No mention of conditioner.  And it does not have any.  I have used it to do handwashing of laundry in the sink.  Not good for anything else, IMO.  🙂 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

It is now labeled shampoo/body wash.  No mention of conditioner.  And it does not have any.  I have used it to do handwashing of laundry in the sink.  Not good for anything else, IMO.  🙂 

Thanks Carol.

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

Same as Bob’s response except the one dispenser also includes body wash.  Three for the price of one so to speak. We’ve never booked a suite so don’t know anything about that situation. 

The major hotels are also adopting this new way of dispensing shower essentials except they have three separate containers . 

They are securely attached  to the wall and it would be hard to tamper with them . 

Not only adopting it, but in some states FORCED to get rid of the little bottles: https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2019/10/09/small-bottle-ban-california-law/

• Like 1

No hair conditioner is provided for balconies, OV or Interior cabins.    I forgot to pack mine own conditioner last cruise and my hair was in knots till we docked and I was able to buy some at port.     I believe suite guests get some small bottles of hand lotion, conditioner, possibly mouthwash - don't remember.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

No hair conditioner is provided for balconies, OV or Interior cabins.    I forgot to pack mine own conditioner last cruise and my hair was in knots till we docked and I was able to buy some at port.     I believe suite guests get some small bottles of hand lotion, conditioner, possibly mouthwash - don't remember.

Often, if you are in distress, and you talk to your cabin attendant, s/he will bring you those small bottles.  😉 

Confirming from balcony room on Explorer, inside room on Mariner, and inside room on Majesty in the past few months -- all showers had a combination shampoo/body wash dispenser, it was full, and it was refilled as needed.  

I don't use shampoo at all (I wash my hair with conditioner that I bring with me), but the body wash does its job, and also works well for washing out swimwear, etc., in the sink.  

4 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Currently on Adventure, and Symphony uses the exact same product as of one month ago. 😉

Shampoo & Conditioner 👍

20191211_193752.thumb.jpg.4eec63cf4bbaac9405c236812ac0fb38.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jeff13 said:

The dispenser has been empty on most cruises.  Only the bar of soap has been available.

My dispenser was broken off of the wall. I had to ask for shampoo. A good room steward would have placed it in the bathroom without asking. This was the first time in over 30yrs of cruising that I didn't tip above the auto gratuity.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HOBE SOUND CRUISER said:

All you have to do is ask your stateroom attendant to refill the dispenser.

Hmmmm..... Isn't that their job to provide the basic room service?  If you have to ask for soap it makes you wonder if they are even cleaning properly.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jeff13 said:

Latest was Enchantment.  Before that Oasis and Freedom.  It is hit and miss.

Hmm,

Ending last sept I did four cruises in 12 months.  Three on the Enchantment and one on Symphony and the dispensers were never empty.  Before then, we were averaging a cruise a year and again never had empty dispensers.

20 hours ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

body wash, hand soap. if there is anything else in a regular room (non-suite) I haven't seen it.

Well, toilet paper also:classic_laugh:

You mean tissue paper on a toilet paper roller, right?  😁

• Haha 1

I confess an addiction to White Citrus Body Wash, so I ignore what's on the wall.  I also cannot use anything that's even vaguely close to a conditioner on my hair in humid climates, so if it's not a clear shampoo, I don't use it.  

However, on our recent HAL cruise they had Elemis products on the shower wall, and that body wash and shampoo (separate containers) came a close second to White Citrus.