West Bay Resort Day Pass

WANDA28

Will be visiting Roatan via Carnival Cruise early April. Our main objective is to snorkel the reef on the West Bay on our own. Since we would like a place to rinse off before grabbing lunch and use of facilities, I thought about reserving a day pass at one of the resorts. I just have two criteria's. I don't particularly want to be rubbing elbows in my sun lounger with my fellow beach goers and beach side drink service would definitely be a plus.  I've been reading review and can't make a decision? Can anyone make a suggestion? If there is not such place that meets my criteria, would it be possible to snorkel first then catch a water taxi to a different area to relax on the beach? TIA....

The number of people on West Bay Beach will be relative to the number of ships in port and the number of holiday makers staying on the island. There is also a weather variable.  Another thing to take in to consideration is one man's crowded is another perfect party. 

Do to all these variables, perhaps hire a driver to get you to and from West Bay, this way you can walk along the beach to choose of any number of advertised resorts or the smaller spots which do not.  If you wish, snorkle before you walk the beach in search of showers, food and lounger... you can always go back to snorkeling if you wish.  If you tire of all that, ask you driver to meet you in the village of West End and hop a water taxi to get there.