Harmony OTS deluxe beverage package

drdirx

We’re about to embark on the Dec 22 sailing and purchased the DBP through cruise planner at the BOGO 50% off. The total came out to $925 for 2 people. I saw in past compass scans and other posts that the first day onboard is also BOGO 50% off and the price is $70 pppd. Does that mean it’s $70+ $35 each or is the $70 after the discount? TIA

So $70 + $35 divided by 2 is about $53 per person (+18%). I think you should keep the price you have booked for. When you board, ask one of the sellers what the price is. If you want to mess with it, you can go to guest services immediately (before you order a drink) and cancel your packages and re-book at the onboard price. The price on a previous Compass may or may not be available onboard, and it depends on if you want to hassle with it right after boarding. Have fun on your cruise! 

And since it is a Christmas cruise, you may find that the price on everything is significantly higher. 

Edited by Coralc

Thanks, the above post confirmed my suspicions that the $70 was already taking into account the discount so it would be $140 pd for two. I’m comfortable with keeping my package and thanks, I am looking forward to it very much!

5 minutes ago, later said:

We are on board now.  It is $56/day plus 18% for the buy one at $70 get second 50% off.   

I still don't get it.  The second should be $35, which would make it $105 for both, or the equivalent of $52.50 each.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

I still don't get it.  The second should be $35, which would make it $105 for both, or the equivalent of $52.50 each.

If you are quoting me I edited my post before your reply it was 52.50 and not 56.

This is the craziest math I know. They say that to get the discount they apply 25% off each one: 25% off $70 is $52.50. If you add 25% to $56 though, you do get $70, but that's not what the add says. I was just looking at this to try to save $60 at the end but really it's probably not worth trying to argue with RCI about it. And like Coralc said, the christmas cruise might be an entirely different story.

@later So the first day offer is $52.50 each plus the 18% gratuity? I read that it's possible to cancel the cruise planner purchase after we board, can anyone confirm? I could technically purchase this package (if it exists) and cancel the one I bout pre-trip.

Thanks!

Just now, drdirx said:

@later So the first day offer is $52.50 each plus the 18% gratuity? I read that it's possible to cancel the cruise planner purchase after we board, can anyone confirm? I could technically purchase this package (if it exists) and cancel the one I bout pre-trip.

Thanks!

Yes, you can cancel on board and they will give you refundable OBC for your purchase price.

15 minutes ago, drdirx said:

Can I use the OBC to re-purchase the package at the onboard price?

Essentially, but you cannot direct which purchases are covered by OBC.  All purchases are added and OBC is deducted at the end of the cruise.

Honestly at $8-13 per drink the package still seems worth it because that's just 5-6 per day. Also it's convenient to not have to worry about how much you're spending on board. That said.... I'm hoping to get that $60 back 🙂

• Like 1