Sightseeing w/ Godfrey- where do you go?

miel0630

DH and I are thinking of booking a tour with Godfrey. For those of you who have taken tours with Godfrey, where does he take you to sightsee?

On his website, it looks like on Tour #1 offers 2 hours of sightseeing. I see that he lists Blackbeard's Castle, Drake's Seat, the Mountain Top, Mahogany Run, etc. Do you visit all of these places on his tour? Will I get to have a banana daquiri on top of the mountain?!

Godfrey's tour is just as advertised. We went in June of 2004 sailing on AOS. After shopping downtown, he takes you on a winding trip to the top of the island, stopping briefly at the places he mentions for photos. You will have 20-30 min at the mountain top where there are some shops and the bar with the famous banana daquiri's ... they are pretty tasty, and the view is awesome. You can't go wrong with him; we had a blast.

My mom recently went on the Carnival website and found a shore excursion to Blackbeard's castle. She has now become obsessed with seeing Blackbeard's castle and I want to make it happen for her. I looked on Godfrey's website and he mentions visiting a Bluebeard's castle. Is this the same thing?

For those that have been on Godfrey's tour where did you keep your purchases made when you went shopping while at the beach? Were there lockers at the beach for camera's and such while you swim? We will be there Feb 28th Cant come soon enough for me had a snow storm last night and it is still snowing this morning!!

When we went shopping we kept our beach bags locked in the front of his truck. After shopping when we went to the beach he kept our purchases locked up in a compartment in the back of the truck (sort of like a trunk).

We had no problems. Sunny Liston did the same thing the following year.

She has now become obsessed with seeing Blackbeard's castle and I want to make it happen for her. I looked on Godfrey's website and he mentions visiting a Bluebeard's castle. Is this the same thing?

They are two different former watchtowers, nicknamed after pirates. So there is a Blackbeards Castle and there is also a Bluebeards Castle.

--Islander

http://www.*****

I have read all the wonderful comments on Godfrey, but still have a couple of questions and cannot find his email on the website (I am probably staring right at it :confused: Can anyone give me the address? Thank you. Also. you may be able to answer a question. Our ship does not dock until 11:00. Can we still get on Godfrey's tour and will there be time to see Coral World? We sail again at 7 p.m. the same day.

We privately arranged for an island tour with Godfrey's Tour for $20 per person (plus tip). He picked us up at the ship at 10:00 am and dropped us off downtown. At noon he picked us up for a 2-hour island tour (we went all over the island) and dropped us off at Coki beach (no beach charge) from 2pm to 4pm. We would have preferred Meagan's Bay ($3 per person), but the majority of our tour mates brought their snorkel gear and were set on Coki Beach with the clearer water and more abundant fish. The downside of Coki is that it is a small, crowded, relatively unattractive stretch of sand maybe 25% as long as the considerably less crowded, more picturesque, Meagan's Bay. $20 rental at Coki Beach for 2 beach lounge chairs (unpadded) and a very large umbrella.

richtersl......thank you so much for sharing your pics of Godfrey's Tour!! They are so nice. We're going on his tour in March 06. One question: beach choice: is it a group concenses about which one to go to?....or....does Godfrey suggest one over the other depending on recent sea/weather conditions?

Thank you again for your pics!

Godfrey had told us that when the weather and water conditions were not favorable at Sapphire, Coki, or Magen's he took people to Secret Harbour.

He does ask which of the three you want to go to. In our group everyone wanted to go to Coki, but I think if there were others who wanted either Magen's or Sapphire I got the impression he would have accomodated them.

I just made reservations with him this afternoon.

I emailed him and he replied within a 1/2 hour!! He even answered my questions and did seem very accomodating. This is my frist time to ST so I do need some guidance!!

That's a definite thumbs up for me!!!:D

For a first visit to St. Thomas, the Godfrey tour is perfect. You get a nice overview of the island coupled with some beach time. If anything, what you will learn from this tour is what you want (or do not want) to see on your next visit to St. Thomas. ;)

I wanted to ask him some questions, we have been to st. thomas several times, I like the idea of some shopping and then the beach but how does he know where to get us- we don't even know if we are docking or tendering yet. What if the ship does not make it to st thomas do you still have to pay?

starfamily - Here is his website: http://godfreytoursvi.com/ It sounds like you are interested in Tour #2.....shopping and beach. So just click on that one. Fill in the form......let him know what ship you're on and what time you want to be picked up for shopping......either 9, 10 or 11. He'll be at the pier with a sign with your name on it with his safari bus. Don't worry he knows where your ship will dock, etc. You don't pay him until he brings you back to the ship at the end of the day. There is a comments section on the form if you want to ask him any other questions. He'll send you a reply usually within a few hours. We've used him several times and will be booking him again for our October cruise.

Dee

Archived