Sydney restaurant suggestions

Irina

1 hour ago, BRANDEE said:

1 hour ago, BRANDEE said:

Thank you for the info.  I didn't know you can drop off the luggage early..How do you do this...just to to terminal and show boarding pass...how early?  Thanks again

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

I have seen them taking luggage from about 8:30, I have dropped my luggage about 9:00 before wandering around George St for last minute stuff I forgot, never been asked for documentation

What Gut said. Just make sure you have your luggage tags attached.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CupcakeSusie said:

If you’re willing to travel a few km and you like Italian, make sure you visit Leichhardt. I really like Moretti. If you love pizza, Via Napoli at Hunters Hill is good. 

Via Napoli is also in Lane Cove and Surry Hills. 

Surry Hills is probably the easiest to get to, the new tram route goes within a couple of blocks (diagonally) of that one.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for such great recommendations..Cruise Critic is such a fabulous source of information, especially when travelling to a country/port that you are not familiar with. I appreciate all the info about restaurants, taxis, highlights, tours, immigration rules, medical regulations, visas, currency..etc.  Knowing what to expect makes traveling much easier. Grateful to all who took the time to answer my questions...

Brandee aka Chris

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Via Napoli is also in Lane Cove and Surry Hills. 

Surry Hills is probably the easiest to get to, the new tram route goes within a couple of blocks (diagonally) of that one.

I don’t know why, I just don’t like the Surry Hills one as much. Personal preference of course, but I much prefer Hunters Hill.

2 hours ago, CupcakeSusie said:

I don’t know why, I just don’t like the Surry Hills one as much. Personal preference of course, but I much prefer Hunters Hill.

Fair enough but Surry Hills is probably easier for visitors to Sydney. We go to the Lane Cove one which was the first one Luigi opened.

We stayed several nights at the Holiday Inn in the Rocks right across from the Sydney cruise port.  Awesome location, awesome hotel.

Went to William Blue on George Street.  It is a culinary school restaurant run by students much like the CIA here in the US.  Reservations ARE A MUST!!!  Can do it on line.  Very reasonably priced.  Wonderful atmosphere.  Great food.

Also a number of restaurants in Barangaroo offering wharf side seafood dining.  Some are very touristy but offer great views.  We ate at Nicks Seafood and I had my first bug.

8 minutes ago, Arubamoose said:

We stayed several nights at the Holiday Inn in the Rocks right across from the Sydney cruise port.  Awesome location, awesome hotel.

Went to William Blue on George Street.  It is a culinary school restaurant run by students much like the CIA here in the US.  Reservations ARE A MUST!!!  Can do it on line.  Very reasonably priced.  Wonderful atmosphere.  Great food.

Also a number of restaurants in Barangaroo offering wharf side seafood dining.  Some are very touristy but offer great views.  We ate at Nicks Seafood and I had my first bug.

You were lucky to get into William Blue, I always seem to be there when it is either closed or book out.

So what did you think of our bug, ( I presume a Balmain Bug?) personally I am not a big fan (would choose Balmain over Moreton Bay if I had to have one), though I love most seafood, I can only think of Octopus that I totally detest, but Bugs aren’t far behind.