Are the Sky Princess Cabin Lamp USB Port a Quick Charge Port?

Jeter02

1 minute ago, fredflint said:

can pretty much provide an educated guess and say no.

That's my current thought. figured it couldn't hurt to ask especially considering how far technology continues to grow. And everything needs a fast charge. Or better yet, the people would like a fast charge. Thanks.

6 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

For those who've been on the sky princess already we're currently on air, the nightstand lamps in the cabin are the USB ports that are there, are they a quick charge USB port or no?

No. No cruise ship offers a USB quick charge. Just take one with you.

• Thanks 1

What is the power output of these new USB outlets? Presumably they can be used to charge phones, but we always leave our phones in the safe. Has anyone used these outlets to charge a full tablet. not just a small phone. I have a number of USB chargers, including a few that plug into an AC outlet, which do not have enough grunt to able to charge larger, power-hungry devices.

I've never had much luck with USB chargers. We just brought the AC converters from home. DW and I shared a tablet and kept the phones off. I'd updated to a new tablet because my old one wasn't compatible with the Medallion app. We put the tablet on the charger at night and topped up the phones on the last day. I was surprised how much we ended up using the tablet. 

41 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

What is the power output of these new USB outlets? Presumably they can be used to charge phones, but we always leave our phones in the safe. Has anyone used these outlets to charge a full tablet. not just a small phone. I have a number of USB chargers, including a few that plug into an AC outlet, which do not have enough grunt to able to charge larger, power-hungry devices.

I used the lamp USB port all the time on the Star and it worked fine.  I charged my tablet at night.  Didn't need my phone, but the charger did an adequate job of charging.  Also charged my Fitbit on the USB port and it seemed to charge it fast.  How fast is fast?

2 hours ago, lx200gps said:

I charged my phone/camera/cell phone backup battery/ipad etc.

They work well as any other USB port that I have experienced.

I think my Poweradd/Power bank energy cell portable charger/backup battery (10,000mAh) was a great test for it.

Charged it right up.