Cruise Critic Community
WeighAnchor

LoS DL Coffee Machine Not Working All Week 12/08 - 12/15/2019

The coffee machine on LoS in the DL was out all week on the December 8-15 cruise. RC let us order Expressos, Cafe Lates, Cappuccino and Cafe Americano in the Plaza Bar at the Windjammer or from Cafe Promenade on deck 5. 

i have to admit they make a much better cappuccino than that machine does when it is working. I wouldn’t mine if they dispensed with the machines and always let us order from these locations. 

What say others that use the machines in the DL, Concierge and SL? Would you be willing to give up that machine in favor of getting the drinks from other venues? 

Edited by WeighAnchor

18 minutes ago, WeighAnchor said:

What say others that use the machines in the DL, Concierge and SL? Would you be willing to give up that machine in favor of getting the drinks from other venues? 

Sure as long as we could get multiple beverages per day.

Machine on the fritz in the SL on Harmony  yesterday.  Was totally gutted, replacing with new internal parts today.

And no...not ready to give up the coffee machine.  I love to wonder in there at 6:00 am to get mugs of coffee used to wake up the sleepy head DH before breakfast.  Out on the balcony with fresh cup of coffee...bring in the day.  🙂  No Lattes from room service. 😉 

8 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Sure as long as we could get multiple beverages per day.

We could go back as often as we wanted. I agree with you that if it was restricted to x number per day, that wouldn’t be so good!

2 minutes ago, WeighAnchor said:

We could go back as often as we wanted. I agree with you that if it was restricted to x number per day, that wouldn’t be so good!

For us, it would depend on the "X".  Sometimes we do 2 or 3 per day.  It would also help if they extended the free specialty coffee to restaurants too.

56 minutes ago, WeighAnchor said:

The coffee machine on LoS in the DL was out all week on the December 8-15 cruise.

Nadja said it’s been out for 4 months😢

i have to admit they make a much better cappuccino than that machine does when it is working.

True but....

I wouldn’t mine if they dispensed with the machines and always let us order from these locations. 

They don’t limit the number you can have during the day but sometimes you have new crew members that don’t know that you can get them  and, at the Cafe Promenade the line is forever. 

I would be okay with them allowing us to get lattes from the other locations in addition to the coffee machine in the DL. We often go in there for extended periods or after hours and hang out. It’s convenient to be able to make one whenever without having to go elsewhere. 

I’m surprised they haven’t replaced it by now. I heard it costs $12,000 but considering they spend $1B+ on ships, I’d think they could spring for a new latte machine. 

1 hour ago, snl2000 said:

They don’t limit the number you can have during the day but sometimes you have new crew members that don’t know that you can get them  and, at the Cafe Promenade the line is forever. 

I would be okay with them allowing us to get lattes from the other locations in addition to the coffee machine in the DL. We often go in there for extended periods or after hours and hang out. It’s convenient to be able to make one whenever without having to go elsewhere. 

I’m surprised they haven’t replaced it by now. I heard it costs $12,000 but considering they spend $1B+ on ships, I’d think they could spring for a new latte machine. 

It is supposedly “on order”.

I agree it is convenient to be able to make one if you require while reading in the lounge but I also  think the  coffee is better from the cafe. There is no limit but one is plenty for my daily fix. 

Coffee in MDR has deteriorated again.

This machine is our favorite perk of diamond.  Wish I could afford one for my house... The cheaper versions don't cut it.

5 hours ago, WeighAnchor said:

...Would you be willing to give up that machine in favor of getting the drinks from other venues? 

I don't drink coffee, but no. It's a DL, SL, CL perk and I'm sure there are some that like to get and drink their coffee in the DL,SL or CL rather than in the more crowed other venues. 

The DL coffee machine On Liberty was out last month as well. Evidently they’re in no hurry to fix it.