Question about booked up cruises

Eli_6

Found out yesterday they found a 6 by 5 by 3.5 tumor on my brother's lung that appears to be cancerous.  Also has a tumor on his adrenal that is most likely from the lung cancer spreading. He has a PET scan next Wednesday to see if it has spread anywhere else. (Original contrast scans/MRI were just CT.) We are supposed to leave on Saturday, the 21st for our cruise.  Hopefully, he still wants to go as they aren't going to be able to start treatment next week anyway.  The prognosis is likely not good if it turns out the adrenal tumor is cancer as that means it is stage 4.   I was thinking that if he still wanted to go of bringing my other brother (his twin) but the ship appears on line to be booked.  Do they hold back rooms not shown online? Or is this a myth?  Anyway to find out if there is someone on this cruise looking to cancel?  

No they do not hold back rooms. What your misunderstanding is that even while a cruise or hotel is completely booked many will keep a room or 2 in reserve. This is in case a occupied room has a major maintenance issue. For instance if a room gets flooded at 2AM one of those emergency rooms can be used to move the effected guests into. 

I hope everything works our for your family.

Sorry to hear about this.

Does any room in your party have extra occupancy?  For example are there three travelers in a room which can hold four people?  If so, they may be willing to open the booking long enough to add one person.  I've done this before.

Good luck.