Explorer February 7 sailing not showing up in search

Heatherco

Thanks for replying.  I don’t believe it’s a charter because we are booked and paid for and have not heard anything on the sailing being cancelled due to a charter.  And the ship is scheduled for dry dock in March.

So I’m hoping it is just because the ship is sold out?  Anyone know?  Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed the absence of Explorer February '20 9 night cruises last week. Anyone heard if the dry dock schedule is sliding to the left? And of course, I got a "Royal Up" email today for the 2/7/2020 sailing, which no longer shows in the "Find a Cruise" part of the RCI website ...

53 minutes ago, Chitoryubt said:

I noticed the absence of Explorer February '20 9 night cruises last week. Anyone heard if the dry dock schedule is sliding to the left? And of course, I got a "Royal Up" email today for the 2/7/2020 sailing, which no longer shows in the "Find a Cruise" part of the RCI website ...

Last I heard the dry dock was April 11 to May 26.

On 12/31/2019 at 6:02 PM, Host Clarea said:

Thank you for your response - just kind of freaking me out that our 2/07/20 Explorer cruise doesn't show up when I look on RCI's website.

2 hours ago, Chitoryubt said:

Thank you for your response - just kind of freaking me out that our 2/07/20 Explorer cruise doesn't show up when I look on RCI's website.

Could it be sold out?

14 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Could it be sold out?

I do not know - this is the first time I have experienced the disappearing cruise scenario. Do they disappear from "Find a Cruise" when sold out? Maybe that's what happened, if so.

3 minutes ago, Chitoryubt said:

I do not know - this is the first time I have experienced the disappearing cruise scenario. Do they disappear from "Find a Cruise" when sold out? Maybe that's what happened, if so.

I've seen reports as such.

It's either 1) sold out 2) taken off line so they can figure out what they've got left (and that would mean it will be back in a few days) or 3) chartered. The reps don't know anything, it usually takes a week or so once it's offline to figure out what is happening. Good luck. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mooseman52b said:

Royal up will only show those rooms available for upgrade.

That's strange, because the last time I was able to see the 2/7/20 Explorer on "Find a Cruise" (which was just before Christmas), there were no suites (GS and above) available, yet, I received a Royal Up email 12/31. Maybe I need to clear the cache on my browser (or sacrifice a chicken to the RC IT gods). Can anybody else get to that sailing through RCI's "Find a Cruise" on the web site?

5 minutes ago, Chitoryubt said:

I called the Crown and Anchor desk. The rep told me the ship is completely sold out , NO availability of any suites, or any other categories.  Thanks Clarea, you were correct!

Thanks for reporting back.

• Like 1

So strange.  I just plugged in our info for Royal UP and every cabin came up except suites.  Inside, balcony, OV.   

Im guessing it is sold out.  Ship may need a serious upgrade but I am so looking forward to this itinerary and 9 days at seas with long port days.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 6:02 PM, Host Clarea said:

Is that correct? There two cruises out of Rome in early and mid-May before that on the schedule.

we’re booked on the May 27 sailing and don’t want to be the first scheduled out of dry dock.